It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Promises on Afghanistan & Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This thread is to clarify Obama stance on Iraq and Afghanistan pre-election and only on this subject. This thread is not to discuss whether the "war in Iraq or Afghanistan" is right or wrong. Since it has been asked about a thousand times on ATS and for some reason some people (knowingly or unknowingly) can not seem to grasp the facts and were obviously not paying attention during the campaign.

Let's start by taking a look at his Promises on Afghanistan.

And these were his promises on Afghanistan. There is no other fact or un-based source which says otherwise.

No. 134: Send two additional brigades to Afghanistan - Promise kept
No. 164: Work to end NATO restrictions on forces in Afghanistan - In the works
No. 165: Train and equip the Afghan army - In the works
No. 166: Increase non-military aid to Afghanistan by $1 billion - In the works
No. 167: Make U.S. military aid to Pakistan conditional on anti-terror efforts - Promise kept

Source:www.politifact.com...

If still in doubt here is the un-deniable proof.

I hope this has cleared many doubts about what he promised on Afghanistan pr-election and why his decision for troops surge now is not surprising or against what he promised.

Let's take a look on Obama's pre-election promise on Iraq: There is no other fact or un-based source which says otherwise.

No. 125: Direct military leaders to end war in Iraq - Done
No. 126: Begin removing combat brigades from Iraq - In The Works
No. 127: Encourage political accommodation in Iraq- Not Yet Started
No. 128: Launch robust diplomatic effort with Iraq and its neighbors - - In The Works
No. 129: Form international group to help Iraq refugees Not Yet Started
No. 130: Provide at least $2 billion for services to Iraqi refugees Not Yet Started
No. 131: Present Iraq status-of-forces agreement to Congress for approval Not Yet Started
No. 132: No permanent bases in Iraq Not Yet Started
No. 161: End the abuse of supplemental budgets for war - In The Works

Source: www.politifact.com...

In Obama's own words on his plans on Iraq.

As I’ve said many times, we must be as careful getting out of Iraq as we were careless getting in. We can safely redeploy our combat brigades at a pace that would remove them in 16 months. That would be the summer of 2010 — two years from now, and more than seven years after the war began. After this redeployment, a residual force in Iraq would perform limited missions: going after any remnants of Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia, protecting American service members and, so long as the Iraqis make political progress, training Iraqi security forces. That would not be a precipitous withdrawal.

My Plan for Iraq by Barack Obama. Published: July 14, 2008

Please pay attention on Obama's word of phased withdrawal in a safe manner and if you care to read the whole article it say about.

Iraq Marks Withdrawal of U.S. Troops From Cities

Iraqi Forces Assume Control Over Cities From US Troops

Iraqi leaders welcome U.S. troop withdrawal plan

Another thing please restrict yourself to facts. We are not discussing about these wars are right or wrong. The sole purpose of this thread is to educate people what his promises were pre-election.

I sincerely hope this thread helped shed light on the pre-election promises of Obama which I found many people on ATS confused or wrong (intentionally or unintentionally) about. Deny Ignorance..

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
How come no mention of Obama's promise to close Guantanamo and black sites as opposed to making more secret prisons around the world?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
How come no mention of Obama's promise to close Guantanamo and black sites as opposed to making more secret prisons around the world?

I take it you have not even bothered to read the first line. I specifically mentioned in the first line itself.

This thread is to clarify Obama stance on Iraq and Afghanistan pre-election and only on this subject.

You are welcome to discuss if you have any reliable and un-biased "facts" about Obama's promise on Iraq and Afghanistan other than what I stated above.

My dear friend don't be so scared of facing facts, it's okay to be wrong sometimes. It is human nature to make mistake but it will be good if you learn from those mistakes instead of keep repeating the same mistake again and again.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm still a tad disappointed in iraq concerning obama.

I have pointed out in other threads he said he'd concentrate on afghanistan more, and he is. People that criticize him on this weren't listening.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

How is Guantanamo not related to that?
plz explain

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This is the fourth or fifth time you have written this exact information within the last few days. Several threads, same replies, same source. Unless there is some sort of agenda to your thread, I really don't know why you keep repeating yourself.

You also always follow the same pattern:

Talk about promises he HAS kept. Claim them as undisputable proof. Ignore any promises he hasn't kept. And if anyone brings them to your attention, you claim it is off-topic.

I'm not quite sure whether your motivation is to create momentum and support for the war or simply convince everyone that Obama really is the greatest thing and here to save us all.

Lastly, you know all of your "IN THE WORKS" stuff. That would be promises NOT YET KEPT. Have you bothered to tally up the money involved in all of this? Are you at all concerned that Obama has single handedly succeeded in bankrupting our country to unprecented levels?

Haven't you YET to figure out that we would be better off if Obama DIDN'T keep some of these promises?

It's time the President's platinum card was taken away.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Actually this is my first combined thread on Promises on Iraq and Afghanistan. I have posted part of this info. as response to several posts. The reason for that is ignorance of few people on ATS who claim otherwise. I found many people stating he went against his promises or he lied when infact it isn't so. As long as people will keep repeating lies, they have to be reminded of truth. When one starts accepting distorted truths is when one starts going down.

Even after posting this thread and debunking the entire Iraq and Afghanistan war promises lies (that many people state here) many people will still be posting half cut quotes and half cut you tube videos claiming otherwise. And till the lies are repeated the truth will be repeated.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Sorry cannot explain that without going off topic. You will have to figure that out yourself. If you would like to discuss about Guatnamo and black sites please make a new thread and discuss there and I will gladly participate in it. This thread is specifically about what his promises and strategy of war was on Iraq and Afghanistan.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

On the second thought, I thought not to discourage you, so found the related material on the Guantanamo issue. You will find your answer here.

www.politifact.com...

new topics

top topics

join