It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a Muslim be a real American?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
From an email I received.

Something to ponder…Can a Muslim be a real American?

In light of the murders at Ft. Hood by a Muslim Officer (who had sworn to defend the people, our Constitution and the United States ) this article becomes more timely and real than ever;

Can a good Muslim be a good American?

I sent that question to a friend who worked in Saudi Arabia for 20 years. The following is his reply:

Theologically – no. Because his allegiance is to Allah, the moon god of Arabia

Religiously – no. Because no other religion is accepted by his Allah except Islam.

Scripturally – no. Because his allegiance is to the five pillars of Islam and the Quran (Koran).

Geographically – no. Because his allegiance is to Mecca , to which he turns in prayer five times a day.

Socially – no. Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews.

Politically – no. Because he must submit to the mullah (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and Destruction of America, the great Satan.

Domestically – no. Because he is instructed to marry four women and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him.

Intellectually – no. Because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.

Philosophically – no. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran do not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.

Spiritually – no. Because when we declare “one nation under God,” the Christian’s God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in The Quran’s 99 excellent names.

Therefore after much study and deliberation….perhaps we should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country. They obviously cannot be both “good” Muslims and good Americans.

I haven't made up my mind on this since I personnally do not know any muslims so I cannot pass judgement.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Kudos for having the gonads to post this. Hope you have flamesuit on and extinguisher nearby.

Interested to see a Muslim response to this. Personally I feel there are idiots in every group (see Christianity) BUT it seems like Jesus followers at least preach more peace than Islam...

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
Theologically – no. Because his allegiance is to Allah, the moon god of Arabia

With that first statement, your entire "email" is nothing more than the bigoted rantings of intolerant christians.

The "moon god" is a myth born of extreme fundamentalist christians who more closely match most of the lines of your supposed "email."

Allah is the Arabic word for God, and theirs is the same Abrahamic God as that of the Jews and Christians.

The opening post is nothing short of shameful.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by mister.old.school]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Understood, so you take issue with the first line. How do you feel about the rest of the email?

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 2-12-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Understood, so you take issue with the first line. How do you feel about the rest of the email?

My statement stands:

...your entire "email" is nothing more than the bigoted rantings of intolerant christians.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mister.old.school

My statement stands:

...your entire "email" is nothing more than the bigoted rantings of intolerant christians.

I see, thank you for your open-mindedness in reading and dissecting ALL of the points made in the email.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The Jews want to take over the world, not the Muslims. The Muslims are the only group left that openly wants to stop the Jews from taking over the world.

That's why TPTB (controlled by the Zionist Jews) want to stamp out Islam.

Don't fall for it. It's the same thing Hitler did to the Jews before WW2.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by ForAiur]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
what is actually a real american?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This thread is about ignorance, intolerance and bigotry.
Can a Christian truly be an American?

It's posts like this that establish this site as a haven for bigots, racists and fools who know absolutely nothing about anything.

Just what is a "real american" anyway?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass

Yes it is probably confusing to someone who is not American.
And it is difficult to answer your question, it is something you just have to feel/know, maybe someone else can better answer your question.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

Someone who is not a muslim apparently. In any case, the email is just abhorrent and ignorant beyond belief. You really don't need to dissect such a thing. Just mourn at the fact some people actually agree with nonsense such as this and don't bat an eyelid.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It seems odd to me that so much hate is thrown at an email that seems to just point out differences in two cultures.
I wish a true Muslim person would go down the list point by point and tell me if it is innacurate.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

After studying Islam for some time I would have to agree 100%. I have 2 friends that left Islam and became citizens of the US, their family is still in Pakistan. When they left Islam they were threatened by their own uncle with being beheaded for not being muslim.

We are kafirs, the unbelievers and we are to be lied to, cheated and disrespected by all muslims to further their agenda which is complete domination. If you are stronger, they will appear weaker until it is time to strike you down when they gain the advantage.

We are told that only about 3 to 5 percent are willing and able to kill for their religion which comes out to be around 13 to 20 million devout potential killers.

I always see the term racist used when anyone talks about muslims, since when is a muslim a particular race? We may not be at war with Islam, but it sure is a war with us.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Rhetoric

Racist? Muslim is not a race, it's someone who follows Islam. I am not religious in anyway, shape or form, yet I have studied all of them. I don't understand how anyone can follow any religion at all personally.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

And it is difficult to answer your question, it is something you just have to feel/know, maybe someone else can better answer your question.

It is not confusing at all.
a real american is just a fluctuating thesis. just like an average joe, or a "normal" person. It is just a tool for comparison that changes over time and changes with the one using the tool.

So again...

What is for you the real american? What is the thesis or tool you use to make a comparison with the statements of your showed email?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

A "real american" is someone who does not contemplate nor espouse which people or groups of people are not "real americans."

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

So again...

What is for you the real american? What is the thesis or tool you use to make a comparison with the statements of your showed email?

Okay, for me a "Real American" is someone that truly loves this country and feels blessed to live here. Someone that would defend this country against all enemies foreign and domestic. Someone that believes that America was set apart by God to be a shining beacon to the rest of the world. Someone that believes in freedom and is willing to fight for it. Someone that is willing to assimilate this culture upon immigrating here and should agree to swear allegiance to this country above any other place.

Just a few points.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Why is there an increase on chain-email threads on ATS? Has ATS quality gone so down we are now discussing about chain-emails?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
Why is there an increase on chain-email threads on ATS? Has ATS quality gone so down we are now discussing about chain-emails?

We should be discussing the line items in the email.
But it seems everyone just wants to point out the evil of the email instead of having a sincere discussion about the content.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Thankfully the moderators have put this thread on BTS now. You can have a conversation here with those who wish to participate on "chain-email" subjects

top topics

<<   2 >>

join