It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is THIS the UN Climate Change Treaty everyone is looking for???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
After all this talk about the contents of the Copenhagen Climate change treaty, I did some hunting to find it. Although, you can only find it by searching "Note by the Secretariat climate change treaty"...

So, Is this it?
You can download the pdf file-
Note by the Secretariat- UN Framework Covention on Climate Change

It is quite a bit of reading, so I really don't want to waste my time reading the wrong paper.

This part was a bit of a brain boggle, is this the amended version after the original?

1. The Ad Hoc Working Group on Long-term Cooperative Action under the Convention (AWG-LCA), at its sixth session, had before it a negotiating text prepared by its Chair.1 At that session, Parties provided general comments on the structure and content of the negotiating text, stated reservations and objections to elements of the text, and proposed additions and modifications. The incorporation of this input resulted in the revised negotiating text.2

2. The revised negotiating text was considered at the informal meeting of the AWG-LCA held in Bonn, Germany, on 10–14 August 2009. Informal groups and sub-groups were set up to work on different sections of the text with a view to modifying it in the direction of consolidation and convergence. This document reflects the results of that work, as well as subsequent work undertaken by the group facilitators. This document does not, however, replace the revised negotiating text, which remains on the table.

Anyway, for those who would like to read it, but had trouble finding it...there you go

[edit on 06/10/2009 by jinx880101]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I started reading it, got to page 30 but it all just says the same thing over and over. It all seems pretty innocent on the surface, would love for someone to point out the part about the One World government.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
thats what im waiting on.i read a thread a while back stating that it wasnt going to result in a one world govt. and they had analyzed why not and the truth of what would happen. then ysterday i see a thread started saying it will but never actually posted links to the bill. just paraphrasing which can be detrimental to anything. theres truth in there somewere.

[edit on 12/2/2009 by Bean328]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Bean328

Just download the pdf, it's only 1.9 megs. Read some and you will see what I mean. It's like listening to a parrot talking. Just the same thing over and over...

Come on experts...!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
On my copy of the UNFCCC the articles in question are on page 18 and would be article 38a, 38b and 38c. These outline the mandates of global governance through the COP, the extraction of taxes to support the global governance/government and the enforcement of the collection of taxes to support the COP government.

Hmmm, sounds like the normal "highwayman" government to me, it's just world wide under one roof.

Links to the UN site are located at this webpage.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Oh my gosh, OK I see it. Thank you very much for the response.

I hope it is alright that I post it here for those who do not have the document.

38. The scheme for the new institutional arrangement under the Convention will be based on three basic pillars: government; facilitative mechanism; and financial mechanism, and the basic organization of which will include the following:

(a) The government will be ruled by the COP with the support of a new subsidiary body on adaptation, and of an Executive Board responsible for the management of the new funds and the related facilitative processes and bodies. The current Convention secretariat will operate as such, as appropriate.

FCCC/AWGLCA/2009/INF.2

Page 19 (b) The Convention’s financial mechanism will include a multilateral climate change fund including five windows: (a) an Adaptation window, (b) a Compensation window, to address loss and damage from climate change impacts, including insurance, rehabilitation and compensatory components, (c) a Technology window; (d) a Mitigation window; and (e) a REDD window, to support a multi-phases process for positive forest incentives relating to REDD actions.

(c) The Convention’s facilitative mechanism will include: (a) work programmes for adaptation and mitigation; (b) a long-term REDD process; (c) a short-term technology action plan; (d) an expert group on adaptation established by the subsidiary body on adaptation, and expert groups on mitigation, technologies and on monitoring, reporting and verification; and (e) an international registry for the monitoring, reporting and verification of compliance of emission reduction commitments, and the transfer of technical and financial resources from developed countries to developing countries. The secretariat will provide technical and administrative support, including a new centre for information exchange.

Well there you have it folks.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Originally posted by jinx880101
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

(e) an international registry for the monitoring, reporting and verification of compliance of emission reduction commitments, and the transfer of technical and financial resources from developed countries to developing countries.

I don't understand how people are okay with this!

Does anyone, besides me, realize this is a bad thing?

wow. just......................................wow.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by havok]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
unfortunately i dont hear to many voicing their opinions outide of the internet. we have to get off our butts and let them know. writing letters, peaceful demonstrations ( although im a little sketchy due to the riot police and their provocateurs, ect..) but hey, nothing worth fighting for is really easy.

jeez our govt. sucks...

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

The problem is they are not really making this public, and they are trying to get this done as quick as possible...I read somewhere that it will be signed by the 7th of Dec. Will try to find the link.

Shoot, I can't find it- I was looking on so many sites..but that's what I read.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
i guess that would be why the huh. get it passed as quietly, and as quick as possible under the guise of global warming.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Jee wizz, I thought this was of importance...obviously not.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
we will morn the passing of America, by turning every luxury item off. we will not drive, spend, work or anything - if this is passed.

top topics

join