It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AI or human being : They model an entire brain in a computer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FinalSonicX

"it's just a tool and nothing more" : a tool ? Let say you ask this tool build a fashion red car (knowing your preference like google does ) : and it show you all the car possible : then you choose and you can send it a firm that will automatically build it .

Understood : no human intelligence, no human physical work, no human creative work, no human intelligence work.

"A tool" : human is a #ing tool !

"We are not at the limit of our progress, otherwise progress would stop."

False logic : there is progress (let say the speed of technological evolution) and the acceleration of speed of progress : let me tall you the limit is here : 2 years : because people
just cannot follow more stupid stuff, and buy those stupid stuff : this is a cultural limit , and a market limit , and an economic self limit.

"it has no concept of what that data is beyond the bits" : human mass brainwaching does the same : they build human entities for their system : you think because you can work and buy your stuff you are "free" ( and it is cool and human ) : well in fact this is a tool for owning you time ( so your life ) ... and we are nothing more than a machine that follow what it must follow in the system : and maybe we would be replace by another machine that does a better work ( this is liberalism : replace jobs in with robot and in other country : now this could be more intelligent robots this time ).

So "How do you propose upgrading our economic system?" :

"what is the proposed alternative?" : Accepting our limit, and live in 'peace' and in AUTONOMY.
and

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Einstein ( I and II and III) are "NSA" internet monitoring, and content firewall ( based for sur on heuristic content analysis : "IA" : like some antivirus)

Defense Deputy Secretary William Lynn III, speaking at the Strategic Command Cyber Symposium in Nebraska, said we need to think imaginatively about how to use the National Security Agency’s Einstein monitoring systems on critical private-sector networks — such as those in the financial, utility and communication industries — in order to protect us.

Read More www.wired.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
We're a quantum computer away from having the processing power to simulate universes with ease. Also, when we reach a certain point in nanotechnology, we'll be able to cut off the signals to the brain from this universe and replace those signals with signals that create a virtual reality.

I actually think scientific evidence shows we are living in a simulated reality now. We are the output of computation taking place on the 2 dimensional surface area of space-time.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Parsing text and analyzing patterns to display car options meeting your specifications is not intelligence.

you are incorrect in saying that no human intelligence or creative work went into the system, the system was designed by engineers and thus it DID involve human intelligence. For the most part, it is doing what it is told by the engineers. It can change over time to meet the trends it observes during its operation, but it's not as if the machine can jump in thought from how to make a red car to philosophy or ethics without being told to by a programmer, and even if it could it would have no concept of these. It would only observe the raw data being given to it.

Interesting idea about a human being a tool, but tools are designed for a specific purpose, and used by someone/something. So who/what designed us, what is our purpose, and who/what uses us and to what end?

How am I using false logic? It's simple. you claim we are at our limit. We agree that the progress is technological. Thus, you claim we are at 100% of our potential. If that were true, why are more and more technologies being developed, some being born even as we type this? We are clearly not at our limit, or we are continually overcoming our limitations, because otherwise we would be at 101% of our potential, which is an impossible state to be in. Furthermore, why 2 years? What about people buying stupid stuff? just what is it that you are trying to say?

brainwashing or current consumer society has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. A human can build abstract concepts and conceive of things which have no empirical basis. the concept of subtraction does not exist to a computer, only addition of negative numbers. The concept of love? The future? What could be? the computer has to work with statistical projections, we are free to imagine.

Accepting our limit sounds like apathy. That's not how progress happens. As for your economic presentation you posted, I have a few issues with it. You don't pay more money hoping to get more productivity, you pay money to reward the top talent to keep them from leaving your company and so, as the man says, they don't think about money but rather they think about work. The 3 things we need for job satisfactions can be achieved today if you pick the right career. If you pick another career, well then you need to rise to the top and fight for it so you get the 3 things.

Also, Open Source cannot be applied to everything. The world relies on computers at the moment. The demand for computers will certainly outstrip the production capability for volunteers to construct the computers, and society as we know it will regress. I do not think I have ever seen an open source product which has impressed me to the point where I have decided to completely forgo the commercial alternatives. Simply put, the big "evil" money-making companies attract the best talent using a combination of purpose and MONEY and then they set them to work on what the company thinks is important. If the person has a passion, that will be displayed in the quality of the product and they will be rewarded. I know that I won't work on relevant software unless I'm paid, certainly not when I could be just as fulfilled coding useless video games and things like that for 20 hours a week and then go out and party like a rockstar the rest of the week - since everything is free now.

The solution to the problem is not to give away everything for free, but give it away if it's open source, and sell it if you're being paid - like it is now. It works perfectly fine, and there's a great relationship between open source and commercial software right now.

the NSA's tool is not surprising and a reasonable application of AI. Most of the links you provide aren't terribly surprising, because they don't tap into true intelligence. They're essentially just data mining and using some human designed heuristic to decide on several human designed operations

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

What scientific evidence are you referring to?

[edit on 6/6/2010 by FinalSonicX]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

"
you are incorrect in saying that no human intelligence or creative work went into the system, the system was designed by engineers and thus it DID involve human intelligence."

yes, yes all that ... etc ... this is you vision based on capitalism system

BUt in a system ( IA means centralized , or P2P, or p2P with human : see p2p foundation ) a SYNERGY, appears and in its new BETTER system :

" The total is more than the sum of the part " (synergy )

Synergy that does not exist in a capitalist society ( see my other thread )

Or : blog.p2pfoundation.net...

[edit on 7-6-2010 by psychederic]

[edit on 7-6-2010 by psychederic]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Navy ray gun shoots down robotic targets

DNA-based ‘robotic’ assembly begins

www.botball.org...

Hear me clearly : the robot revolution is now : it has officially begun 1 month ago.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by psychederic

Explain to me how an AI system as we envision it would arise without human intelligence to create it?

And what of this robot revolution? research into robotics has been going on for a while now, what happened one month ago that's so special that you say it's the official beginning of this robot revolution?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

"AI system as we envision it would arise without human intelligence to create it? "

I never said it would arise without human : but this possibility exist for different way of creating an ai. when a system become 'autonomous' and self evolving, and it has the possibility to growth (far from human eyes), and evolve : it will.

"what of this robot revolution?"

This is a political and economical analysis : all event and data shows that the decision is "working at creating robots", investment and project are now REAL : and will require a ROI soon or sooner : the market of robotics ( for big firm, hospital , and people ) will be created.

This is real this time : this is not just Searcher playing games with robots.

Maybe you will have to see terrorist using robots (UAV) : and the army using lasers to accept the reality. This is human psychology : you accept what you see ( as for two tower being destructed)

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by psychederic

so since it would arise out of humans, human intelligence is involved.

As for the revolution: robots have been being made for a while, why is it that you say the revolution began 2 months ago? Robots have been doing more useful things than rolling around in a maze or anything like that for a some time now.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join