It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Threat with a deep Gulp !!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I am currently watching Barack Obama explaining the need to send an extra 30000 troops to Afghanistan. He is explaining that this is necessary for the safety of citizens around the world.
I could be wrong, but he seemed very nervous when stating that terrorists are trying their hardest to gain a nuclear weapon. He took a slight pause and stated they would use one......He said this with a heavy gulp, and I was of the impression that this is a situation that may be about to flourish. I believe that this will be the next step on the citizens of the US......A false flag nuclear attack. Just an opinion.
Whats your thoughts about this. Its the most significant part of his speech that he felt uncomfortable saying.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
It will NOT be a false flag.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Why does “false flag” have to come up in all these threads?
There are plenty of people out there who wish to do us harm, without it being a “false flag”…

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

It will NOT be a false flag.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, do you believe there is intelligence that something like this is going to happen. OK may not be a false flag, but it struck me personally the uncomfortable way he said of the threat. If a nuclear attack was placed upon the citizens of the US, how would they respond and who would be blamed.....Strange times ahead.
Ive always thought an attack would happen....Its just a case of where and when and by whom.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Why does “false flag” have to come up in all these threads?
There are plenty of people out there who wish to do us harm, without it being a “false flag”…

I apologise for the false flag innuendo....It does put a damper on the thread. False flag would only be added (by a large number of people) after an attack, so adding it without thinking is and was wrong on my part.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Letting Pakistan end up with Nuks was the stupidest thing any country could have ever done in the history of man kind.

Our government should have just sold religious extremist Nukes and avoided all the trouble.

Aside from that, it will be a cold day in hell before a nuke from Pakistan would make it into the US, It's just not possible.

It would be as impossible as two people crashing a presidential dinner.....oh crap.

Nothing happens in the USA with out knowledge before hand. So if it happens is was sure as hell meant to be.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I was thinking more on the lines of a dirty bomb. Please inform me if I am incorrect, but cant a dirty nuclear device be used ?
Im not very bright about weapons of mass distraction....oops sorry destruction

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by flylead

The only way anything radio active can be smuggled into the US is on a UN plain.

Or some one being told to turn off security sensors and turning a blind eye.

All the US has to do to avoid this is to confiscate or decommission all of Pakistan's Nukes. India will not like this news, not one bit.

A dirty bomb is no big deal as long as it's located fast after detonation. It can be cleaned up. The fear of getting lung cancer might hurt the economy but it's not as bad a nuke explosion.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Izarith]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I seriously am not sure which side of the devide I stand on this.. fear mongering by the Establishment or a real threat...

Considering the wars that are being fought, another event is highly probable..

However I do feel this is all added by the establisment to their media spin to heighten peoples fears and cause distraction from the main economic issues that are beseiging the world

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith

Aside from that, it will be a cold day in hell before a nuke from Pakistan would make it into the US, It's just not possible.

It could easily be delivered from a ship offshore and detonated by remote control at high altitude to produce an EMP attack. A "blackout bomb" is all they need to send us back into the dark ages.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Pakistan having Nukes is a real threat and it's not New. The threat started the day they got them. It's not a responsible county and it's been on the verge of being taken over by radicals for a few years now.

But it's not really a threat to US soil, It mostly a threat to Israel and India. Both countries are very pissed that Pakistan is a US allie and more so that it has Nukes.

This is defiantly a messy one. But it's absolutely nothing New, it's been a problem for a long time now.

I guess Obama got a Call from one of Pakistan's neighbouring countries telling him that they are going to fix this mess if he does not.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

I think that the bigger problem is that once something like that is launched, the other countries in the area are going to start launching in response, and the whole thing escalates. Lets say that someone launched at Israel, Israel launches back at say Iran, Russia now has to launch at Israel because they have a defense pact, and we have a defense pact with Israel…
See how quickly that escalates to it being between the US and Russia?

[edit on 12/2/2009 by defcon5]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Mexico is one of those countries that looks dumb but some how managed to catch Mossad rigging one of it's government buildings.

Not a lot of people know this but Mexico has better ground surveillance than the US or the UK. It's very clock and dagger about it but it catches the funniest of people trying to do mischief.

Any way, only from south of the US boarder would this be possible, if it were possible, which it is not. Ships that are not chartered would definitely send a red flag before it even made is halfway past the Atlantic.

To cross the sea you need a ship large enough to feed yourself and have enough fuel. You need a crew and most of all you need port authority enter US water space. a none response would be tracked and interrogated, failure to comply would result in a sunk ship many. many miles from any shore.

not going to happen sorry.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Izarith]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Oh yes, Like I said Pakistan having nukes is a most definite problem. One which many countries are telling Obama will handle it for him if he does not do something pronto.

What you say is very true, but some flip flop wearing cave dwelling extremist sneaking a nuke into the US is laughable. So if that happens you know it was with the blessing of someone with in our own government.

One bad thing tho is that our ports are not well guarded. We have been paying a lot more attention to planes that our ports. I wonder why Hummm?

Come to think of it from what you just told me, the only way a nuke could go off with out throwing the world into world wide nuke fest is if it was a terrorist act on US soil. That does not sound good.

Still this is highly unlikely, I'm not to worried about it.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Wait until you've lived 62 years and have expected or were told of a nuclear attack on the USA all those years.

That song and dance is getting very old. It's understandable that we are living in a Prozac world.

An attack on US soil is old and ancient history. I've been prepared and waiting for the big boom for many years.

In the 1950's we students had practice drills in case we were bombed by Russia. Looking back now I can see how stupid that was. Living near military installations there would be no hope of survival in my area.

After I became a teenager we joked about Jacksonville, Fla getting bombed and we all knew when we saw the flash it was too late for us. We should then kiss our butts by by.

It was common knowledge that husbands and fathers would shoot and kill their families if an attack happened. That way we would not have to suffer a terrible fate of being killed by radiation.

I've had enough doom and gloom. I'm not afraid anymore.

Oh death, where is thou sweet sting?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Russia does not have a nuclear defence pact with Iran. Russia have their own interests in Iran, but when it no longer suits them, they'll abandon the Islamic regime, if that haven't done so already.

The whole region is in danger, and there's potential clashes between NATO & Russia, and the US & China - but still nuclear war is unlikely, unless a conventional war doesn't lead to a diplomatic solution. But since nuclear war is in nobody's interests, the sh*t will have to hit the fan pretty badly for that to happen.

This idea of the bigger powers just launching at each other is old & wornout. We are more likely to see regional nuclear wars in the middle east and Asia though, as more countries decide to acquire them, and the US policies continue to become weaker and are unable to tell other countries what to do.

Nuclear terrorism should be preventable, but so should have 9/11.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by john124]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame

I've had enough doom and gloom. I'm not afraid anymore.

Now were talken!

You go girl, Yeah!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Any way, only from south of the US boarder would this be possible, if it were possible, which it is not. Ships that are not chartered would definitely send a red flag before it even made is halfway past the Atlantic.

To cross the sea you need a ship large enough to feed yourself and have enough fuel. You need a crew and most of all you need port authority enter US water space. a none response would be tracked and interrogated, failure to comply would result in a sunk ship many. many miles from any shore.

not going to happen sorry.

I beg to differ. This is why there will be key infiltrations in areas of sensitive clearance. And btw....guess who is controlling many of our ports now? Remember it was almost Dubai. Better check who did get the contracts. Can you spell d-r-a-g-o-n?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

A lot of that stuff used to be pretty well scripted back during the cold war. We almost came close a few times simply over space vehicles launching, or errors. It used to be that whenever something flew people had their fingers on triggers:

The Norwegian rocket incident
Early on the morning of January 25, 1995, Norwegian scientists and their American colleagues launched the largest sounding rocket ever from Andoya Island off the coast of Norway. [Sounding rockets collect data on atmospheric conditions from various altitudes.] Designed to study the northern lights, the rocket followed a trajectory to nearly 930 miles altitude but away from the Russian Federation. To Russian radar technicians, the flight appeared similar to one that a U.S. Trident missile would take to blind Russian radars by detonating a nuclear warhead high in the atmosphere.

That scientific rocket caused a dangerous moment in the nuclear age. Russia was poised, for a few moments at least, to launch a full-scale nuclear attack on the United States. In fact, President Boris Yeltsin stated the next day that he had activated his "nuclear football"—a device that allows the Russian president to communicate with his top military advisers and review the situation online—for the first time.

Hopefully, Post-Cold War, cooler heads would prevail in such an incident, and it would not escalate as much or as fast. We have been very close four or five times in the past though.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I am not suggesting mass destruction. If you clicked on the first link I provided it describes the scenerio of what a blackout could accomplish. I don't see that as starting any free for all. With this type of EMP attack we would instantly be in the dark ages and utter chaos. There would be no retaliation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join