It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The probability of extraterrestrial life is 100%

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
the first video says that our universe is 47 billion light years wide...NO IT ISN'T...it is what we have been able to detect so far. you have to be able to see the "end" of the universe first to make such a claim. that deep field shot of the hubble, show clearly that there is still black space far beyond what can be seen, and therefore one has to assume that the field of galaxies keeps going on.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
But what did they use to detect ET Civs ? : Radio Wave detection, which need to test star by star in all frequencies : COOL. And there is distorsion and noise.

It will take ages this way. (nonetheless it is better than nothing : but maybe we should begin watching not so far from us, ... no ? )

So you say that there is no proof of advance civs ? I don't see any proof.

In an other way of thinking, ( or with other technology ) maybe the use of radio waves is really pointless !

[edit on 2-12-2009 by psychederic]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
There is no solid proof that life currently exists anywhere other than Earth.

None. Zero.

Anything else is just conjecture based on many unknown variables, like the probability of life happening just once. Nobody even knows that. The probability of a bunch of dead chemicals managing to get arranged in a shape that becomes "life" might be so high that it only happened once, ever.

The universe is full of singular, unique things. How many other moons exactly identical, down to the individual craters, to the one orbiting Earth are out there? I'm guessing none.

And some fuzzy notion of "god" has nothing to do with it either way. The universe is big, and time keeps expanding forwards and backwards as it grows in multiple dimensions. Sometimes you get lucky with coin flips and land heads 10^1,000,000 times in a row. Sometimes not.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2000 Yards

And some fuzzy notion of "god" has nothing to do with it either way. The universe is big, and time keeps expanding forwards and backwards as it grows in multiple dimensions. Sometimes you get lucky with coin flips and land heads 10^1,000,000 times in a row. Sometimes not.

It depends on what quantum theory you use.

translate.google.com... -de-lunivers-commence-t-elle-a-decelerer_19340%2F&sl=fr&tl=en

In quantum physic ( and in physic ) we don't know anything

And a scheme is a scheme. A representation is a representation this is not the reality itself.

Heinz von Foerster at 8 min.

There is only video in german, but it is great man.

What is said : the cybernetics permitted an other science, that is not "science" : science sci prefix : mean cutting thing (/reductionnism).

Maybe with other way of thinking , more globally, come news physics.reality theories.

4 dimensions ? Why not 11 ?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 2000 Yards

like the probability of life happening just once.

well we do in fact know that its 1

Because we are here.

1 over 0 = YOU being here

What is the probiblity of life elswere in space? 1

In order for life to be here "us lot" would require it to be elsware

the universe MADE life not the other way round

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

In a universe infinitely large...
Since when has it been believed that the universe infinitely large?

Let me rephrase that: Who believes the universe may be infinite, and why exactly do they believe that?

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Tearman]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

Since the word INFINTY is there?

How big / large is your mind???

can you tell me that? Nope, can you tell me how big the universe is? Nope

why? one of the same thing

[edit on 3-12-2009 by 13579]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by psychederic

Agreed, Drake's formula is a conservative estimate. It goes even further than this, for not only are their civilizations who made it to level 3 societies, and are masters of space and time, able to create wormholes and evennew dimensional planes, but there are stars billions of years older than ours, this means their science is billions of years ahead of ours, and its 100% probable that all planets are projects.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Unity_99]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13579
reply to post by Tearman

Since the word INFINTY is there?

How big / large is your mind???

can you tell me that? Nope, can you tell me how big the universe is? Nope

why? one of the same thing

[edit on 3-12-2009 by 13579]
Fogged. At a loss. Can you decode this cipher?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

Since when has it been believed that the universe infinitely large?

You asked this correct?

Im just pointing out the word INFINITY..

and in order for me to help you understand I asked you a basic question

can you messure how large your mind is?

yes or no..

Then when you decied what it is apply it to your question im sure i do not have to reply AGAIN.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 13579

I did ask that. It does contain a type. I meant to write... "since when is it believed the universe is infinitely large." I do not understand your response. I guess I would say that the mind has no properties that can be measured in physical units because the mind is not a real physical thing, but instead is a pattern which emerges from the workings of a physical system... and importantly, we haven't described what dimension of the mind that we are interested in measuring. But what has the difficulty of measuring some unknown dimension of the mind have to do with whether the universe is infinite?

About the word "infinity" being "there". Being where?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
The words Probability and 100% are a contradiction.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
The words Probability and 100% are a contradiction.

True Skyfloating, but i think that's the point.

People always debate the "probability", when in fact there is no probability.

At this point in our understanding of LUE, it's an undeniable fact that extra terrestrial life exists.

PS: I'm in love with your new avatar by the way.

[edit on 12/3/2009 by JPhish]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join