It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Job ATS!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I've been maybe one of the most out-spoken critics of the powers that be here at ATS, and I've been constantly ranting about how the website is losing quality and suppressing a lot of important information. I firmly believe the drug trade has been directly responsible for most of the violent acts and VERY REAL conspiracies in the world for the last 50 years.

- America's involvement in Afghanistan is in large part due to the Taliban's shutting down and regulation of the world heroin supply.

- The militarization of the American police force has been in large part due to the influx and increase of violence the drug trade has caused on the American can streets

- The in flux of Mexicans coming over the border illegally are for a large part smuggling drugs across with them

- Over 3 million Americans are in Prison for only drug related offenses.

- Over 15,000 Americans die a year from the War on Drugs

- The War on Drugs has done more to subvert the personal freedoms of Americans that any other thing.

- The CIA, FBI, local police departments and other governmental agencies are regularly caught handling and distributing illegal substances for money.

These things are all real proven conspiracies that do more in realty to subvert our way of life and our personal freedoms. Before this forum ATS would not allow to discuss them for some reason. However, here now finally we can discuss these things, connect the dots, and better understand this world

[edit on 2-12-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I must admit, the "new forum" is needed, and many serious issues of conspiracy "need" to be discussed/spread on these subjects.

I just feel bad for the Mods who have to uphold the laws on "improper drug talk" and "illegal promotion of the drug culture".

I will be reading your posts in this forum. You seem very able to bring mature issues to the table. I thank "you" for that.

I look forward to educating myself further on these very "important" subjects.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
well i do think that conspiracy related threads should be allowed on ATS ths drug board will turn into what it says it is not.

This forum is for the discussion of conspiracies and cover-ups related to the trade and trafficking of illicit drugs. Personal use, advocacy of legalization, and related non-conspiratorial topics are not allowed. Members posting about personal recreational use of drugs and related mind-altering substances may be banned without warning.

This forum is not intended for discussion of legalization advocacy or speculation of enlightenment or spiritual possibilities related to drug use.

Many of the threads so far are about legalization advocacy or non-conspiracy drug talk.
right now the top threads are

obama administrations new stance on medical marijuana- about legalization
Cannabis Colleges Crop Up: New Institutions for 'Higher' Learning -non-conspiracy

Good Job ATS! -non conspiracy
hallucinogen Persisting Perception disorder (HPPD) - my brian got messed up by drugs
The Real Drug Lords-A brief history of CIA involvement in the Drug Trade- wow a conspiracy one
Support The National Criminal Justice Act of 2009! - about legalization and violation fo the T&Cs
I live 40 miles from the 2nd most dangerous city on Earth- Crying because drugs are illegal
New Jersey Likely Next to Legalize Medical Marijuana - about legalization

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I believe what weve seen with the changing of the ATS stance on drugs may reflect the response by the public if ever drugs were to be legalised.

At first there was a rash of topics, then after a day it died down, pretty quickly with most people returning to the usual topics.

so if drugs were legalised, everyone would eventually just get used to the idea, see it as a progressive move and get on with the usual day to day life.

i'm not sure this makes too much sense,

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Would you care to take a stroll through the political forums, breaking news forum, or gray area?

This sub-forum is necessary due to the very large and covert role the illicit drug trade plays in our lives.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
reply to post by zaiger

Would you care to take a stroll through the political forums, breaking news forum, or gray area?

The posts on those boards have nothing to do with the subject at hand and is an Appeal to Common Practice. Just becuase some other people are breaking the rules over there does not mean that it is right over here.

This sub-forum is necessary due to the very large and covert role the illicit drug trade plays in our lives.

Yes it is a forum for
"the discussion of conspiracies and cover-ups related to the trade and trafficking of illicit drugs. Personal use, advocacy of legalization, and related non-conspiratorial topics are not allowed. Members posting about personal recreational use of drugs and related mind-altering substances may be banned without warning."
That is what this forum is for and so far i have seen very little of what this forum was intended for.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

What's your problem? If the mods see those threads as acceptable, where is the problem? Just leave it be... Like it or not, just because you don't see a conspiracy in those topics, doesn't mean there isn't one -- a very important one at that.

And don't give me crap about what the rules state... the mod's could easily change the rules to clearly and openly allow for those discussions to take place, and then you'd go on another rant about how much you don't approve of the direction ATS is heading.

Clearly you have issues with people talking positively about certain things. We're here to deny ignorance, buddy, not to stop the truth from finally seeing the light of day -- just because it hurts your preconditioned, BS beliefs.

Get over it.

[edit on 3/12/09 by Navieko]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The problem I see is that any intelligent discussion about say cannabis and hemp for example will naturally lead to the question of legalization.

So it's frustrating for intelligent debate about the pros vs cons of legalizing various substances to be against the rules, when all the discussions will naturally go in that direction

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
A little while ago I made this thread here and abided by the terms and conditions of ATS but it ended up in RATS, but it appears that after this ATS has given the topic more serious consideration.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
A little while ago I made this thread here and abided by the terms and conditions of ATS but it ended up in RATS, but it appears that after this ATS has given the topic more serious consideration.

Well, for those of us not willing to spend the pts. needed to access RATS, care to summarize? If not, perhaps you can re-write the post to make it appropriate to post in this forum? Just some thoughts...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Basically, if Marijuana was made legal for all purposes, it would become the answer for all problems in the United States currently.

I think that on ATS people tend to sway from the important issue and sway towards topics of illegal substances and drug, though it appears that ATS has become aware of this and realizes that it is an important issue that should be discussed, so yay for ATS.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Basically, if Marijuana was made legal for all purposes, it would become the answer for all problems in the United States currently.

You are so "wrong" that it makes ME feel stupid.

yay for ATS.

And BOO to your glorification of illegal drugs. This is NOT even remotely what this forum was created for.

Its a shame people type this stuff on this site.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I think that on ATS people tend to sway from the important issue and sway towards topics of illegal substances and drug, though it appears that ATS has become aware of this and realizes that it is an important issue that should be discussed, so yay for ATS.

the only reason your post may make someone feel stupid is if they truly are

you are on the right track even though your statement may be a little over exaggerated

if it was made legal for specific situations, medical and commercial (hemp)

many of our problems would be alleviated or severely improved directly or indirectly

they would be improved by the obvious direct effects, but many more things would be indirectly affected due to the fact we could now use resources that are currently wasted in a more efficient situation

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Dramey]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I must admit, the "new forum" is needed, and many serious issues of conspiracy "need" to be discussed/spread on these subjects.

I just feel bad for the Mods who have to uphold the laws on "improper drug talk" and "illegal promotion of the drug culture".

I will be reading your posts in this forum. You seem very able to bring mature issues to the table. I thank "you" for that.

I agree (mostly)

I do not feel bad for the mods. I think that ATS has committed to "getting it right", and while I personally have a reservation to my participation in this new forum (Read: this post) I do feel that making the alternative substances forum a members only forum is a brilliant move. Members generally know, and more importantly CARE, about the importance of guidelines especially in a forum such as this. I think that overall this will make the mods job easier and make ATS overall more pleasant in that the violators will be easy to spot and quickly removed.

It's the gray area and the vagueness in the rule that keep me from writing a thread that I have been waiting a very long time to write, but as things develop I may feel comfortable posting it in the future.

Overall I think this forum displays the willingness of our ATS powers to keep trying until they have a workable solution, as opposed to our real world politicians who cut and run or just plain sell out to the more influential. ATS continues to lead by example, and stays far ahead of our nearest cyber competitors in this arena!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

Clearly you have issues with people talking positively about certain things. We're here to deny ignorance, buddy, not to stop the truth from finally seeing the light of day

High strung?
Just because someone does not agree with you does not mean that they are ignorant.
I have no problem with people talking openly about their drug use, i was just commenting on how the forum turned into exactly what it said it wouldn't.

-- just because it hurts your preconditioned, BS beliefs.

You really have no idea what my "BS beliefs" are so you really cannot be calling them BS or preconditioned.

If the mods see those threads as acceptable, where is the problem?

That is why there is an alert button.
After all the stoner crying about how it was not against the T&Cs who was right????

[edit on 8-12-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

so if the forum has turned into something you dont want, why stay here and clog up the boards

let the people do what they do and leave things up to the mods to handle

like you said there are alert buttons, so just alert the mods, no need to complain about how the forum has become laden to drug supporters

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I guess the honeymoon with this new category is officially over. You cannot have frank and honest discussion about any topic when you are worried about word patrol coming around and shooting down the message.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

so if the forum has turned into something you dont want, why stay here and clog up the boards

Because that is what i want to do. Why use the return key instead of a period?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

And BOO to your glorification of illegal drugs. This is NOT even remotely what this forum was created for.

OK Humor me. What was it made illegal for? Why would ATS make a forum to discuss this if it some glorification of illegal substances and nothing else.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join