It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predicting A TV/Movie/Book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Let's get all the depressing predictions of world-destruction out of the way & ask the question:
Have you ever accurately predicted the outcome/spoiler/twist-ending of a tv-show, movie, or book? I don't mean speculate--but got an intuitive blast like: this is going to happen in the new Harry Potter book! Yowsa!

I had an intuitive blast several days ago that the twist ending for the Sopranos TV series was that Tony's wife gets "hit" accidentally, and that Tony himself does not die. I guess a lot of viewers expect Tony, the Mafia patriarch, to get murdered. But his wife gets shot instead, possibly by people who were looking to kill Tony but shoot her by accident. What makes this prediction significant to me is that I don't really care about the Sopranos, watched like two episodes in my life. So why should I get this message or even care?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
A lot of movies I hate cause I just know the plot and end a few minutes into it, I dont know if its inutive or just cause they are so darn predictable these days. I cant think of any straight out examples though, just seems like most movies are like that, so I enjoy them more for special effects and humor...
LOL
Scary Movie 1,2 and 3 were all great.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
While I watched the 2nd Matrix instalment I mapped out much of the plot of the 3rd one and posted about it somewhere around here, but I would have liked to have seen more Agent Smiths still.

I see the Sopranos a bit later these days, is that prediction accurate? Is it nearing a climactic point like that?

Writing and engineering happy outcomes to real life stories is more fun than fiction.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I just saw last Sunday's episode of the Sopranos--and I was reminded why I don't watch it. It's scarier & more depressing than a horror movie.

The way things are set up in the show, I think my prediction will come true. In one or two weeks we'll know for sure when the series finale happens.

Gosh, the characters on that show are such scumbags!

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
that whole prediction thing happens to me too, it is odd. look at my thread about it.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Once, my mom was watching this murder show on the investigation channel. I walked into the room, and just said, "It was the butler!". Moments after saying that, I learned that it was, indeed, a guy named "Butler". I guesst that kinda counts.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
That happens to me all the time! I have the ending figured out almost at the beginning - doesn't matter if it's a book or movie.

I think it's just because most books and movies follow certain formulas. You figure out one, then you can pretty accurately predict the outcome of the rest...

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Sadly, I predict the outcome rather often. It's a bad thing for me because I don't get to enjoy the rest of the movie or book.

I think that we should have a thread where one can place there besst remote viewing or prediction.

I have quite a few remote viewing stories, it's actually scary.

top topics

join