It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming Believers - A TRUE Solution that isn't a money scam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
IF you really believe CO2 is a problem then YOU need to demand a real solution... not this money and power grab with cap & scam. Don't fall for the BS $145 TRILLION Dollar Cap & Trade scam that ENRON wanted so badly. There is an easy solution if it is a true problem.

Here is the solution... 2 years! That is all it would take.
www.time.com...

www.newscientist.com...

With his 90th birthday in July, a trip into space scheduled for later in the year and a new book out next month, 2009 promises to be an exciting time for James Lovelock. But the originator of the Gaia theory, which describes Earth as a self-regulating planet, has a stark view of the future of humanity. He tells Gaia Vince we have one last chance to save ourselves - and it has nothing to do with nuclear power

Your work on atmospheric chlorofluorocarbons led eventually to a global CFC ban that saved us from ozone-layer depletion. Do we have time to do a similar thing with carbon emissions to save ourselves from climate change?

Not a hope in hell. Most of the "green" stuff is verging on a gigantic scam. Carbon trading, with its huge government subsidies, is just what finance and industry wanted. It's not going to do a damn thing about climate change, but it'll make a lot of money for a lot of people. - (skip a few questions)

There is one way we could save ourselves and that is through the massive burial of charcoal. It would mean farmers turning all their agricultural waste - which contains carbon that the plants have spent the summer sequestering - into non-biodegradable charcoal, and burying it in the soil. Then you can start shifting really hefty quantities of carbon out of the system and pull the CO2 down quite fast.

Would it make enough of a difference?

Yes. The biosphere pumps out 550 gigatonnes of carbon yearly; we put in only 30 gigatonnes. Ninety-nine per cent of the carbon that is fixed by plants is released back into the atmosphere within a year or so by consumers like bacteria, nematodes and worms. What we can do is cheat those consumers by getting farmers to burn their crop waste at very low oxygen levels to turn it into charcoal, which the farmer then ploughs into the field. A little CO2 is released but the bulk of it gets converted to carbon. You get a few per cent of biofuel as a by-product of the combustion process, which the farmer can sell. This scheme would need no subsidy: the farmer would make a profit. This is the one thing we can do that will make a difference, but I bet they won't do it.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Guess any solution other than a "MONEY SCAM" isn't wanted.

Oh well, I guess I can save this post for all the GW threads.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Sure, more landfills. Good plan.

Oh...

There are five types of products and byproducts from charcoal production operations: charcoal, noncondensible gases (carbon monoxide [CO], carbon dioxide [CO2], methane, and ethane), pyroacids (primarily acetic acid and methanol), tars and heavy oils, and water.

www.epa.gov...

I'm not really a GW believer but this does not really seem like a good idea.

[edit on 12/2/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'm on board! Got the solar panels and the windmills!
Am doing my part. Honestly I mostly did it for when the
nincompoops run everything into the ground I will still have power!
Plus I am into saving money and not further enriching the banks!

True, I could have bought a big fancy car to sit in the driveway instead.
Dont be discouraged, its an ongoing process......S & F!

[edit on 2-12-2009 by dodadoom]

top topics

join