It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martian "Square Cave Opening" a pyramid shadow!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
I looked on Google Earth and it measured it as about 17feet on its longest side (20 at the most). A rather small pyramid.
It also seems to lack a directional orientation with North or anything.

Haha tiny pyramid. Would be fantastic if that's all we found.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nathwa

Without knowing the exact characteristics of the camera, lens, the position in which the photo was taken (alignment wise to the object in question) it's hard to tell if the rectangular shape is due to distortions, pixel aspect ratio, image image unwrapping, etc, or if that it is it's real shape.

But for what is there I would say it's more along the lines of a rectangle and doesn't resemble a typical Egyptian pyramid with a square base.

But that doesn't mean that this could not be a pyramid with a rectangular base, who knows.

However personally for as much I would like to see a pyramid in Mars, I really doubt this is one. NASA would not let something like this slip if they were on a mission to cover up tracks of past (or current) civilization on Mars. It's just easier for them to erase the whole thing using a cheap healing brush in PS or do not publish it than have to deal with all the fuss.

Humans already have a tendency to find patterns everywhere, add to that the will to see something and it will be there

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I normally can't makeout these so called structures on the surface of Mars or the moon but this one does look like a pyramid to me. Probably just an illusion though.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
There is a straight line path type line leading to the pyramid or whatever. How do you explain that in light of the surrounding terrain?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ac3d92d0f77d.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 2-12-2009 by skepticantiseptic]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Is that one of Hoagland's glass tunnels to the left, in Phage's picture?

[edit on 2-12-2009 by conar]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by conar

If you mean sand dune, yes.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticantiseptic

Are these the lines you were talking about?

The line jutting to the right is more pronounced IMO but they are interesting. Again the diagonal line I drew overlapping the pryamid's "apex" is only 21' or so- very small.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
reply to post by skepticantiseptic

Are these the lines you were talking about?

The line jutting to the right is more pronounced IMO but they are interesting. Again the diagonal line I drew overlapping the pryamid's "apex" is only 21' or so- very small.

All I see are the red lines that you made sweet heart. But thanks for being an architecturalist.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
So everyone is agreed. It's a 20' wide mountain that casts an almost perfectly triangular shadow that comes to a sharp point. Just like the mountains on Earth.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
In response to MarrsAttax,
That makes sense to me. Indeed, it would appear as though what we are looking at is a mountain or steep hill, sense the evidence provided seems to indicate such a conclusion.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
At 20 feet, I would have to call it a boulder. And yes, we can find sharply angled boulders on earth.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

I wouldn't call something 20' wide a mountain but it doesn't take a pyramid to produce an "almost" perfectly triangular shadow, just the right angle of lighting. Did you notice the other "almost" perfect triangle in the upper right?

But nature is pretty good at making "almost" pyramids. I wonder what kind of shadow these would cast with the sunlight hitting them just right.
hwy50climbing.com...
www.heritage-expeditions.com...
farm3.static.flickr.com...

Here's one on Mars!
images.astronet.ru...

[edit on 12/2/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks Phage, it's quite amazing that nature can come up with such regular formations, I would scarcely have thought it possible. Thanks for opening my eyes

MBF

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I wonder if the scale of the ruler is correct.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by MarrsAttax

I wouldn't call something 20' wide a mountain but it doesn't take a pyramid to produce an "almost" perfectly triangular shadow, just the right angle of lighting. Did you notice the other "almost" perfect triangle in the upper right?

But nature is pretty good at making "almost" pyramids. I wonder what kind of shadow these would cast with the sunlight hitting them just right.
hwy50climbing.com...
www.heritage-expeditions.com...

Here's one on Mars!
images.astronet.ru...

Wow!! In the last Flickr photo, not only did the photographer clearly capture a man made pyramid; but also (easily spotted by the trained eye) what appears to be flying mermaids of some sort.

I love this site

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Here we go again... Little to no evidence and tons of speculation. Waste of bandwidth but this is just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Very nice Phage, you never disappoint!

/Sarcasm on

All things pyramid must be made by someone!

/Sarcasm off

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I like the pics. But you also have to admit that although pyramid shaped rocks, boulders, or mountains are possible in nature, its not common. But why are we comparing this structure with ones on earth? Mars is in fact a different planet. Unless you've been there yourself and have studied its surface, you can't accurately say it's not a pyramid.

(Edit) Also if you bring up that last photo, I don't trust anything that comes from NASA, seeing as how they edit the majority of their photos before releasing them to the pubic.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by The_Truth818]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nathwa
As for me, well I think it looks like a pyramid, yet am open to the possibility of it being a mountain or what have you. I like most rational people are subject to a change of mind pending evidence. If someone can convince me that it is a mountain or at the very least not a pyramid then so be it.

While I appreciate your open-mindedness, since this photo is of a location on Mars, wouldn't it be most rational to assume that it is a natural formation rather than jumping to a Martian pyramid? I think that too many people jump straight to the fantastical before giving rational conclusions a try.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Truth818

You're right. I cannot prove it is not a tiny (eroded) pyramid.

So you think that's not a rock in the last image I posted?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join