It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autralia's Parliament Defeats Global Warming Bill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
doesnt look like the gov wants to give up easily

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
Thumbs up!

Congratulations!

About damn time someone decided to stand up and not accept the con job of "cap and scam".

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Trigger82

You are correct and thanks!
I really appreciate the gesture and kind words!
I know the frustration.
You just helped with mine!

I mean well though. I do care.

Two things never change,
death and taxes......

Unless you are rich you should get most of them back every year anyway.
Most families I know get all theirs back plus more deductions for the children!
The tax thing is (probably) just a scare tactic.
Its like the health care debate, people would rather go bankrupt spending
hundreds of thousands than pay 30 or 40 dollars a month for universal care.
I agree with the notion that the gubmint cant run it but we already have medicare and social security! It works, albeit crappily.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

WOW! So we suddenly go from a straight-up revolt within Australia's Liberal Party, to THIS.

Well, let me ask again, how does everyone feel about this, and what does it mean to the larger picture at hand here?

If anything, I dare say that this should at least make the United States Congress think twice before passing any likewise legislation beyond that which occurred this summer in the Lower House.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

THIS IS AWESOME!!! Im so happy its been denied being put through. it would totally devastate our economy. Even my sister who is a tree hugging environmental greeny doesn't want this Emmisions trading SCHEME! ;-P

I'm so proud of her at this moment for finally seeing the light on this ETS subject.

I'm so glad that Tony Abbott got in as liberal leader. Sure i dont like him. But him doing this has made me happy and proud. So i'm starting too. I'm glad turnbull got taken down and Joe Hockey didn't get in because he was more for the ETS tan turnbull it turns out. I hope this means we dont sign a stupid frakin treaty in copenhagen ;-P

[edit on 2-12-2009 by DaRAGE]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Australian government is asking already highly taxed citizens to support their Cap and Trade bill when next door they have Indonesia, the world's 3rd largest producer of CO2 doing absolutely nothing about their emissions and the world doesn't even care.

Indonesia, the 3rd largest CO2 polluter

Indonesia's scorched and burning peat bogs being reclaimed for agriculture are the source. If the UN GW crowd won't do anything about the 3rd worst polluter, why even bother with CO2?

Who cares!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

If anything, I dare say that this should at least make the United States Congress think twice before passing any likewise legislation beyond that which occurred this summer in the Lower House.

Looks like you still have some honest government officials there in Australia, congrads.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

There! The true answers are the simplest ones. How can the simple awareness of the benefits of these truths provide incentive for the encouragement and application of these healing technologies enough?

I believe the answer provided is worthy of exposure and application. It even deserves to have a thread of its' own.

No consequencE..

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

It will pass third time in February next year, as I posted above this has nothing to do with individual or national interests, rather it was a strawman used to usurp power in the opposition ranks.

oh,

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I have to give you credit, with the extremely sparse populations in the western territories, that's actually a pretty damn good idea if it can get up off the ground.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Thanks for that 2nd youtube video on Australian droughts. I hope you know that droughts are a product of global COOLING. Yes, it's true, and it makes sense that since global temperatures have been plummeting for 10 years that many areas would have droughts.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

Yea that makes sense you would think global warming would produce higher than average rainfall, more heat = more evaporation = more moisture in the atmosphere = more rain. A no brainer really.

Good point.

The real data does suggest global cooling, so taxing carbon will probably just bring on an ice age that little bit quicker. If it did reduce carbon output that is.

Thats hilarious.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Toecutter.]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Cap & Trade is merely a way to levy a hidden tax on the poor, REGARDLESS of global warming which is not effected in the slightest even if CO2 emissions are as bad as they say for the environment.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck

CO2 cannot produce the kind of warming we are being warned about, nor can it even explain the rises of past decades. It's simple mathematics, and you can actually view these calcs here.

TheRedneck

Ya we will take your word for it Red. . .

While your math skills are obviously nothing to sneeze at the assertion that YOU were single-handedly able to disprove the carbon link in under 10,000 (if i am correct in assuming this is also your limit) characters none the less is either the height of arrogance or incredible simplicity.

The various holes in your logic have been pointed out and I am sure more could be found quite easily with anyone well versed in the field of research.

What I think your thread highlighted, as too does this thread is how incredibly easy it is to "assure" those of the "hoax" who have no interest in believing in any potential reality of an anthropogenic link.

While there is no 100% in favor, there is equally no 100% otherwise.

What there is is a massive campaign to sway the minds of the masses this way or that.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Yeah, those numbers add up differently depending on who is doing the adding.

But that's not what prompted me to reply. I already addressed your concerns in the other thread. What got me to hit the button was this:

What there is is a massive campaign to sway the minds of the masses this way or that.

On that statement, we can both agree.

TheRedneck

[edit on 12/2/2009 by TheRedneck]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I respectfully disagree with zaffarazz...

This will not get through at the third attempt...

Tony Abbott, for all that he lacks, has cleverly leapfrogged Kevin07's highbrow lingo(which the majority of Australia do not understand) with his simple to understand "...its a great big fat tax..."

No mention of Cap and Trade/ nothing about HotRock Technology or Geo sequestration from Tony...oh no...he's talking about hip pockets here...something a lot more people understand...

This is a dead duck....guaranteed!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join