It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing Surveilance via Sprint

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Sprint has opened the doors to the Government for geo-location services. Normally I wouldn't really have an issue with this. But.. According to this site so far 8 million people were tracked in one year.

How is it that 8 million people on the Sprint network managed to get a warrant or be flagged as a person of interest to the point of getting geo-tracked? I have doubts anyway that there was any due process here:

From above linked site:

One of the things, like with our GPS tool. We turned it on the web interface for law enforcement about one year ago last month, and we just passed 8 million requests. So there is no way on earth my team could have handled 8 million requests from law enforcement, just for GPS alone.

How much man-power would monitoring the locations of 8 million people (on sprint alone) take for one year? Could this instead of pattern checking for the sake of prediction?

(edit, typo correction)

[edit on 1-12-2009 by lordtyp0]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Based on some sloppy math and conjecture, Below is a potential scenario:
Verizon has 89 Million people
ATT has 82.7 Mil 13.23

Since 8 Mil is 16% of Sprints 50 Million subs. If the other two big providers were doing similar there could have been around 35 Million people Geolocated in the last year by law-enforcement. Since the US population is around 304 Mil.. Thats a striking per centage of potential people tracked

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voice of The Church
Voice of The Church

Not sure I follow what you are saying

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The Law Enforcing Eagle.
www.eff.org...

Intercepting the Intercepting Eagle:
files.cloudprivacy.net...
Mirrored on: