It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Unveils New War Strategy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

President Obama Unveils New War Strategy

news.sky.com

President Barack Obama has announced plans to send 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan.

President Obama sets out his new strategy for Afghanistan

The announcement came in a major policy speech to prime time audiences at West Point military academy in New York.

The troops - adding to 68,000 already there - would be deployed early next year to allow US forces to begin withdrawing at the end of the following year, bringing an end to "an era of war and suffering", Mr Obama said.

He said the US wanted to "bring this war to a successful conclusion" and "was not interested in figh
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
www.guardian.co.uk
www.guardian.co.uk
www1.voanews.com

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
well mr obama that was quite a speech there, where were the long distant looks to a never ending applause you've become quite the war munger, but you still got your deniability now you said it still all for 9/11 you can pin it all on mr bush and mr blair.
cant find the speech yet but for this 33 seconds worth. will put up when i can.
and a joke speech done on 11/12/2009 (12/11/2009)

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
1.48 didn't say born!

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
whhoopps
double

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
'
Get the #ing hell out of there now!
There is no good to come out of this all.

I am so tired of the left/right crap in this country thst results in the ssme ole samr ole.
Do I have to go nuts on D.C.?

I hope not, my daddy tried to put a stop to all this world domination #. I am sorry that he has to watch this crap unfold before his eyes. He thought he did something permanent in the 1940's to stop this crap.

I'm sorry, Pop, you were duped. You did your best, though.

I'm just sorry you lived to see this crap. The greatest generation, ever, now has to reaize, it's all a dream and illujsion.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Already 4 threads going on. Please do search before starting new threads.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by iwannaseethisshipgodown

I lasted less than a minute when he started talking about 911 for the reason to add more troops that did it for me. 911 was a con job on the people of this country.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
isnt this why i voted for the dumb #? because he promised to bring our troops home? wasnt that one of his points?

#ing puppet

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sgrrsh26

No that is not why (if you ever voted). and you are mistaken again. Deny Ignorance and visit the other threads listed above.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Yah i saw your post buddy, im not concerned what he sais now. Apparently you didnt watch the debates.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
2011 will arrive and there will have been hundreds more deaths and Afghanistan will still be as it is right now. A mess.

All for nothing. sad.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
thanks for posting the other threads december_rain will have a look when i get back from work.
but i cant find the full speech anywhere if anyone can find it and post it. i would appretiate it very much so i can show my dad what he's become.

one thing that gets me is why don't they burn the opium fields or bomb them out of sight. but i guess they wanna keep them going. this war is another vietnam, its not meant to be won just sustained.

look out iran your days are numbered too.

really need that speech if anyone can help.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by iwannaseethisshipgodown

Here I just created a thread. In it there is an article with full Obama speech pre-election and all his promises on Iraq and Afghanistan.

Obama: Promises on Afghanistan & Iraq

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

thanks december rain thats some good stuff, but i really want last nights speech in full. i keep looking but cant find it, knew i should of stuck a tape in and recorded it. oh well i can still 'hope' hey barrack.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Obama's War Strategy:

1 - send young americans to kill people in other countries
2 - make military contractors/special interests rich
3 - "possibly" listen to voters as reelection draws near

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Bush in blackface.

I feel sorry for the suckers who voted him in expecting 'change' and got screwed and feel incredibly sad for the suckers who still believe it.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
so how have the americans taken this news?
i british so we screwed all ready. we dont make our laws anymore.
but my friend is travelling to califoria for christmas so how close to the # do you think you are now? surly everyone is pissed at obama now?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwannaseethisshipgodown surly everyone is pissed at obama now?

You'd think so but no. The drones love him more than ever.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Private contractors employed by the Defense Department in Afghanistan will continue to outnumber the size of the American troop presence, even after President Obama sends 30,000 more soldiers to fight in the war, according to the military's most recent contractor count.

The latest figure on DOD contractors in the country is a whopping 104,100, a spokesman for U.S. Central Command tells TPM. That number, which is expected to grow, is already greater than the 98,000 U.S. troops that will be in the country after the new deployments.

tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com...

Just thought i'd add this
there's more private contractors than troops

thx

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
ModernAcademia yep sounds about right mate, its gonna be an absloute blood bath. merry christmas and a happy new year kids (cadets).

thisguyrighthere they cant love him anymore how can they, maybe they have to wait for it to fail first now. and he got the peace prize

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

ah ha good old youtube never lets you down. heres that dirty speech.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join