Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Will the Hadron Collider experiment open portals to another dimension

page: 1
1

log in

join

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hello I don't know if this is thw right place to put this thread but I read rumors that that the Hadron Collider experiment can open a portal to another dimension

Link:savvyinternetladies.com...

Just keep going down until you find the the Hadron Collider article




posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Apologies to moderators if I put this on the wrong section



posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal
 


I'm pretty sure I read a thread with this exact topic a week ago or so.

Back then, I noted that this happens to be the plot of the popular 1998 videogame Half Life. The original start of those rumors was probably tongue-in-cheek references.

At first glance, that doesn't really look like the most credible of sources that you've cited there.



posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Not sure opening another dimension would be useful but it would be cool if we could learn about worm holes and anti gravity through this research.



posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
"Christian scientists, researchers and others looking into end times, note that this project could easily be responsible for opening a huge door in the spiritual dimension resulting in an invasion by demons."

LOL, sorry had to laugh at that.


"It is certainly possible that God won’t be pleased by man once again attempting to play god."

Obviously God made us this way, but God doesn't judge only Karma does.



posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Anything can happen, including black holes, which is why this experiment is so foolish. If there's any possibility of black holes, then you must abandon it. You say, it won't create black holes(relying on Hawkins radiation is foolish because as soon as it catches a piece of matter, the rate of dissolve might be slower than the rate it sucks in another piece of matter, in which case, the end), well, in that case, they won't find the God particle either. The conditions for the "God particle," in my opinion, are way more extreme than for black holes.

Hopefully nothing happens, and that is I think what will happen, nothing. The energy of this collider is till a few order short of creating anything "peculiar."



posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shrukin89
"Christian scientists, researchers and others looking into end times, note that this project could easily be responsible for opening a huge door in the spiritual dimension resulting in an invasion by demons."


That smacks of Doom
Not the film mind (that was a virus)



posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VestanPants
 


I did not realize how similar the plots for Half Life 1 and Doom were. In Half Life, an experiment opens portals to an alien dimension, letting in a bunch of alien life, which you fight through, before finally going into the alien dimension to fight their leader. In Doom, it's the same thing, but with demons and hell instead of aliens and an alien dimension.

Anyway: coincidence, or deliberately recycled 10+ year old videogame plots, YOU DECIDE.



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
sort of. i heard it temporarily opens up higher dimensions in order to look for the higgs boson. Not how you think with a portal, but that the fabric of space-time is temporarily folded a bit



posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Ahhh. Whoda thunk back when this thread was started they'd pick the week beginning Dec. 17, 2012 to Dec. 21, 2012 to gin up the collider to the highest levels yet!

Yeah, they are calling it the FINAL test before a shutdown for "upgrades" in 2014,

Are they poking fun at us, at GOD? WHY????
What are your thoughts about the Hadron Collider being used at the most powerful settings YET to coincide with
planetary alignments and with the traditional date given for Mayan Calendar end date?



posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter
 


[citation needed]



posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
i hope something really amazing happens.

As mentioned by mdiinican concerning the game Half Life, errrr Whats New ? People walk around like zombies possessed by their precious iPhones anyway, just like the mad scientists in that game with those aliens hooked into their heads.

If everything goes to #, well at least all civil wars will stop; dead.



posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
The worrisome thing is i dont believe these idiots have any idea what might happen.Like a monkey with a wrench.A sidenote,before we tested the first atomlc bomb some scientists feared it may ignite the entire earth atmosphere.It didnt stop them though!



posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Speaking of CERN, the video game Half Life and Zombies, look what just came up in a film...

www.decayfilm.com...



posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
The worrisome thing is i dont believe these idiots have any idea what might happen.Like a monkey with a wrench.A sidenote,before we tested the first atomlc bomb some scientists feared it may ignite the entire earth atmosphere.It didnt stop them though!


Im with you on that, they dont know what could happen. I know we will always strive to understand the universe, but theres something about that piece of machinary that freaks me out, it truly does.



posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter
Ahhh. Whoda thunk back when this thread was started they'd pick the week beginning Dec. 17, 2012 to Dec. 21, 2012 to gin up the collider to the highest levels yet!

Yeah, they are calling it the FINAL test before a shutdown for "upgrades" in 2014,

Are they poking fun at us, at GOD? WHY????
What are your thoughts about the Hadron Collider being used at the most powerful settings YET to coincide with
planetary alignments and with the traditional date given for Mayan Calendar end date?


The power levels used in the LHC are nothing to worry about. Particles get smashed together in space all the time at levels way abiove what we are capable of. There is nothing to worry about whatsoever!






top topics



 
1

log in

join