It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intel: Chips in brains will control computers by 2020

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Intel: Chips in brains will control computers by 2020

www.computerworld.com

By the year 2020, you won't need a keyboard and mouse to control your computer, say Intel Corp. researchers. Instead, users will open documents and surf the Web using nothing more than their brain waves.

Scientists at Intel's research lab in Pittsburgh are working to find ways to read and harness human brain waves so they can be used to operate computers, television sets and cell phones. The brain waves would be harnessed with Intel-developed sensors implanted in people's brains.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Wow, so we'll really be controlled by the government

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Meh, I hope it doesn't allow the chip to hijack us.

That's a risk the people of the future will have to take should they wish to have such convenience at their fingers... or should we say minds?

Even if these chips have a firewall and antivirus, there will still be ways found to infect the host, just as even having a computer bristling with antivirus and antispyware software will not stop a small percentage of infections.

Governments will definitely try find a way to control people at the press of a button... Work harder, be happier, be celibate, any way to control the direction of society. Companies will find ways to insert messages into the minds of people.

I know this technology is designed to replace the mouse and keyboard but there will come a time where chips may be used to utilize brain power, effectively turning people into computers, and that is when the real dangers will come.

People will be easily controlled that time, because their minds will not be their own anymore.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day

These chips better have firewall and antivrius lol.

Don`t forget a pop-up blocker .

I could do without advertising being beamed into my head - those insidious radio `jingles` that i leave the house in the morning humming ,are bad enough .

The use of the pre motor cortex interfacing with implants to control artificial limbs, or to re establishing a connection with non functioning limbs look like a real prospect.

Sci-fi , made more real every day .

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I don't like this idea

I will stick to God's old way. he know better.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
That would be neat. I always wanted to draw something sweet with my mind instead of using a mouse.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The estimated dates on all of these data's are made up. We'll probably get to the stage of advancement in technology that they are talking about not in 2020, but most likely 2011.

Just like how they were saying NASA will find bacteria on the moon most likely in 2015, and it turned out to be 2009.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
CIA will be able to read your mind because this thing reads your mind.

new topics

top topics

join