It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS label all Global Warming threads as HOAX

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I just wanted to see where everyone is at.

I do believe it is a hoax. Climate change happens all the time. We for 30 years have seen so much thanks to satelites that we now think we know everything. I also trust governments to do what is good for the people as much as I trust Bernie Madoff in paying everyone back. So how can I trust their intentions?

And yes a little self gratification never hurt.

[edit on 12/1/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Climate Change is another totally different matter.

agreed completely.

if your main issue is tax and control.
my advice is don't pay the tax, and do whatever makes you feel not 'controlled'.

beware 'absolute FACT'

anger and fear will come from all angles, 'mainstream' and 'alternative'

enjoy yourself. you will be dead soon.

everything is ok.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ivycutler

Our cap and tax will not be something you can avoid.

Electrical bill will triple.

Home gas bill will double.

Vehicle fuel increases.

Everything price increase.

Have you noticed that no visible, like income taxes, have gone up in the last ten years?

I wonder WHO was going to SEE that and mention it first. Star for you.

But hidden taxes have sky rocketed.

Tax and Control.

[edit on 12/1/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

i've noticed that everything gets more expensive all the time.
for whatever reason, that's just what they do, isn't it?

apparently the weathers got weird too...

my point is.... i'm not sure...

you can avoid anything if you REALLY want to.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
hmm i think the jury is still out no?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by onlylonely

Are you being funny?

No, according to the Global Warming agenda, the jury has been out since they instituted their plans.

Just follow the money. Who will benefit?

Watch a couple of videos on YouTube and return and give me your view than.

Hell, watch this one-

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I totally agree that it all, especially manmade, should be labeled a HOAX!

There's no need for data whatsoever. That's just not necessary. Here's why.

^There used to be MILES of ICE above much of the planet's surface.^
The polar ICE caps of Mars, yep ice caps, have melted somewhat in concert with Earth's and temperature increased! Numerous other planetary bodies and their satellites have experienced warming too.

Under no circumstances is it man made, that is, unless big Gov is holding something back from us?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
When I first started researching "everything" NWO, I stumbled upon this text radio interview that confirmed my gut telling me that global warming wasn't all manmade, it is a conspiracy. I have saved this in my favorites for 2 years and was waiting for the right time to put the link for everyone to read, the time is now.

This interview took place June 20th, 1997 on the Jim Quinn Show. He, at the time, was the top talk show radio host in Pittsburg, PA. He still has a show, called, The War Room with Quinn and Rose.

Here is the text interview with John Whitley, Editor of the New World Order Intelligence Update. Of course, I can't find that website, not there anymore for John Whitley. But remember, this was 1997, so, they are not winning. I also read somewhere that the NWO was suppose to take place in 2000. Humm, little behind aren't they? It is a short read, but the gist of it here, is the man made global warming hoax.
www.apfn.org...

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Mark them all a hoax!

I have done too much research in this to form a educated opinion based on science and fact.

Universities, Preschools, 1-12 grade schools, nursing homes, retirement homes, all msm should be required to go through re-education process concerning the topic.

Hoax=$=Control Hoax Hoax Hoax Hoax Hoax Hoax Hoax Hoax Hoax Hoax

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
You can bet that the Scientific community won't give up on perpetuating the "manmade global warming" myth, not just yet.

What is and has always been obvious about the GW hoax is that it was and is designed to create a "Green Economy" — a global economy that promotes eco-friendly technology and jobs, and that destroys obsolete technology and jobs.

Essentially, the GW hoax has been used to ram the idea of a Green Economy down our throats.

Beyond that, individuals and organizations and whole governments have already invested billions upon billions of dollars in creating the Green Economy. They're not going to abandon their investments without a fight, and they'll pay their whores within the Scientific community to construct another edifice of lies to keep the GW hoax alive.

You know, just this morning I heard a spokesperson for some ecology-minded organization doing her best to defuse the Climategate controversy. Her entire argument was based on the Green Economy, that the Green Economy was too valuable a concept to simply abandon.

Every time the interviewers tried to steer her back on topic — that being, do you think Climategate has irreparably damaged the credibility of global warming advocates? — all this spokesperson could do was sputter about the virtues of a Green Economy.

Which tells me where her head was... It's on the money.

As I've said for the last 10 years, if you follow the money, if you look at who stands to profit from the lies, then you'll also find those behind the hoax.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I gotta go with Oz here.
We dont know enough yet either way.
Heres what we know so far:

Global warming is the increase in the average temperature of the Earth's near-surface air and oceans since the mid-20th century and its projected continuation. Global surface temperature increased 0.74 ± 0.18 °C (1.33 ± 0.32 °F) between the start and the end of the 20th century. [A] The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) concludes that most of the observed temperature increase since the middle of the 20th century was caused by increasing concentrations of greenhouse gases resulting from human activity such as fossil fuel burning and deforestation.[1] The IPCC also concludes that variations in natural phenomena such as solar radiation and volcanoes produced most of the warming from pre-industrial times to 1950 and had a small cooling effect afterward.[2][3] These basic conclusions have been endorsed by more than 40 scientific societies and academies of science,[B] including all of the national academies of science of the major industrialized countries.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...
Please look at the charts also!
To think our pollution has no effect on our world is naive, at best.
To think it may, strikes me as somewhat hopefull actually.
At least it is a grown up attitude to say well what if,
instead of steadfastly denying it beause its a little colder here or warmer there. It makes it kinda weird everywhere!

The term “global warming” is commonly used to refer to surface air temperature changes that are a response to increasing atmospheric greenhouse gas (GHG) concentrations. However, the warming is not expected to be uniform over the globe, nor is it expected to be the same during all seasons of the year.

www.gfdl.noaa.gov...
www.gfdl.noaa.gov.../climate/highlights/index.html#patterns
www.epa.gov...
Doesnt mean its just all a hoax!
Besides I spent alot of time reareching those threads!

As long as an asteroid dont take us out before we destroy ourselves anyway, its all good!

Recent observations of warming support the theory that greenhouse gases are warming the world. Over the last century, the planet has experienced the largest increase in surface temperature in 1,300 years. The average surface temperature of the Earth rose 0.6 to 0.9 degrees Celsius (1.08°F to 1.62°F) between 1906 and 2006, and the rate of temperature increase nearly doubled in the last 50 years. Worldwide measurements of sea level show a rise of about 0.17 meters (0.56 feet) during the twentieth century. The world’s glaciers have steadily receded, and Arctic sea ice extent has steadily shrunk by 2.7 percent per decade since 1978.

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...
chemistry.beloit.edu...
Nope, nothing going on, keep moving........
oh, and be very afraid of the tax boogeyman!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

The very same thing can be said about big oil also!
Many more billions have been poured in to perpetuating this myth that
we have no other choice!
It has dictated our entire foreign policy and domestic energy policy
for decades now, yet record oil profits dont seem to faze us at all!
It has been the cause of most of our wars lately also!
I know its so much better to bury our heads in the increasingly deeper sands though. That way we can live guilt free.
Then we can go back to freting about terror boogeymen and taxes!

High gas prices may have cinched American consumers’ wallets in 2007, but they loaded the coffers of the big five oil companies: BP, Chevron, Conoco Phillips, ExxonMobil, and Shell. ExxonMobil, after record high profits in 2005 and 2006, smashed the record for highest profits ever made by a public U.S. company—previously held by Exxon—by posting a net profit of $40.6 billion in 2007.

www.americanprogress.org...
Theres your conspiracy!
And its dictated by big oil!

[edit on 1-12-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Oh no!!!
You were not supposed to read those emails that were leaked.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Yes, we know the dogmatic position of the Scientific community on this subject. We also know that these same academies and organizations and prominent figures in the Science community have participated in a campaign of terror against any of their colleagues who chose to question the scientific dogma.

We know that Al Gore's "science" was largely fabricated, yet he received an Academy Award and a Nobel Prize. We know that his infamous "hockey stick" graph was more than merely inaccurate, it was outright misleading; yet, this charlatan's documentary is required viewing in many schools now!

We know that the Earth has experienced extreme warming and cooling trends in its natural history, some within the memory of Homo sapiens. We have survived ice ages, and we have survived global warming repeatedly in the past. Our species evolved during a rare temperate lull in the planet's normally extreme climates.

The one thing we don't know is how to change the climate. We can't "repair" it because we simply don't have the intelligence to understand what drives it in the first place. We think we know that the Earth could "repair itself" in as little as 5 years, if we just stopped polluting it.

Well, again, that's Science feeding us a line of speculation. Fact is, they don't know what drives the climate, they don't know if the Earth can repair itself, and most importantly, they don't know if the Earth is even broken.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 12/1/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
The very same thing can be said about big oil also!
Many more billions have been poured in to perpetuating this myth that
we have no other choice!

Precisely. But, knowing this, are we supposed overthrow one myth with another?

Frankly, I'm sick of our oil-based economy, but I'm also sick of these prostitutes in the Scientific community who sell themselves to the highest bidder.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
As usual, I have to side with S Dog and Oz on this one. No, don't label it all a hoax, let it live... let it suffer...

Strangely enough, I was just reminiscing with a friend about an email I received a short time back. It was an old cartoon of an old man and a little girl sitting on a bench talking. The little girl asked what the number tattooed on the old man's arm was for. He proceeded to tell her about the Holocaust and all the terrible things he went through because of religious intolerance. At the end, the little girl asks "So you kept it to remind you of the dangers of religious intolerance?" The old man answered, "No, my dear. I kept it to remind you."

In the 1970s there was a similar attempt to stave off the ice age. It failed to create a following. Today, most people do not remember the political pressure that was exerted during this period. I do. But I am not enough. The official story on that era has been swept under the rug, and all that is left is some crazy old redneck trying to convince others of what happened.

No, this time we keep it in plain view, this time we make sure the hoax is exposed fully and completely, too bright to hide, to numerous to sweep away. This time we will let the next generation remember, lest they forget and history repeats itself.

Keep the hoax alive, and keep calling the hoaxers on it. Keep the pressure on. Never let us forget what was tried in the first decade of the 21st century!

Long live the truth!

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

You said our pollution are you talking about air pollution such as cf cs and of course smog.If so i agree we should continue to reduce emissions. That was the point of catalytic converters on cars take harmful carbon monoxide and change it to carbon dioxide. Or are you talking about co2 a harmless gas heres my favorite part to prove that co2 was a green house gas they created an environment where 90 % of the gas was co2 and discovered that it could trap heat.

The problem is even oxygen at those concentrations will trap heat all most any gas will.Thats why gas makes a great insulator. Now back to reality do you know how much co2 is in the atmosphere? The answer approximately 0.04% do you really think thats effecting the environment?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
In the 1970s there was a similar attempt to stave off the ice age. It failed to create a following.

Oh, hell, bro, every generation has its doomsday brainwashing. In the 1960s, we were terrified of nuclear war and the spread of communism; in the 70s there was the threat of overpopulation and the new ice age; in the 80s we simply had to have SDI "Star Wars" technology to protect us; and the 90s brought us the horror of international terrorism.

My God, our leaders keep us in a perpetual state of anxiety and fear because it's always easier to control fearful people. They use promises of security and BINGO, the frightened masses comply. When there is nothing to fear, they create something scary as hell to frighten the masses.

Ronald Reagan even outed the strategy before an assembly of the United Nations in the 1980s, when he suggested that we would all unite as a global population if we just faced a global threat.

Well, that was laughed off in the media, but you see what came afterwards — International Terrorism: OMG, It's A Global Threat!! Asteroid Impact: OMG, It's A Global Threat! Global Warming: OMG, It's A Global Threat!

What we have seen for the last 30 years is nothing short of a campaign of FEAR designed to facilitate the creation of a global union and a global government. That's what all of these hysterical doomsday scenarios are designed to do — scare the bejeezus out of the masses so that they go running to the security of their government.

I mean, Ronald Reagan talked about the possible benefits of an alien invasion of Earth, how it would bring all the world's people together as one. But our modern architects of fear weren't so ambitious as to manufacture an alien invasion — much more easy to build a propaganda campaign around a completely natural phenomenon such as global warming.

Which is what they did. And now it's coming unraveled.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

No thats not right, respectfully.
They like to confuse the numbers that way.
CO2 concentrations have went from 280ppm to 380ppm in the space of
just a blink of an eye in geological terms.
This is not only just my opinion being spouted with no proof...
Comparing this fast of change to millions of years it is clear something is happening.
Thanks

Carbon dioxide (CO2) concentrations in the atmosphere increased from approximately 280 parts per million (ppm) in pre-industrial times to 382 ppm in 2006 according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) Earth Systems Research Laboratory, a 36 percent increase.

www.epa.gov...

There is good evidence that the level of atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) today is more than 25% higher than at any time in the past 420,000 years. The recent increase in atmospheric CO2 has occurred since the beginning of the “industrial” era (defined as since 1750) and most of that increase has occurred over the past 50 years.

co2.cms.udel.edu...
According to this chart by the NOAA the level has increased 10 PPM
in just 5 years! Incredible. Yet the denial continues.
www.esrl.noaa.gov...
Oh well, maybe this and maybe that...meanwhile.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Fair enough, just so we do not end up with a new Global Governance after the Copenhagen Treaty meeting.

I listened to the radio show on this topic, when is this treaty going to be signed, does anyone know?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join