How Many Days Until President Barack Obama Leaves Office?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Taking a page from the ever so artistic left I have affixed my 1-20-13 bumper sticker to the back of my Subaru wagon. This will state my clear intention that enough is enough!

Who know's what lies ahead for our current president. I'm just hoping he can keep both hands on the wheel and cross the finish line with some semblance of accomplishment.

Becker

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44

Taking a page from the ever so artistic left I have affixed my 1-20-13 bumper sticker to the back of my Subaru wagon. This will state my clear intention that enough is enough!

Who know's what lies ahead for our current president. I'm just hoping he can keep both hands on the wheel and cross the finish line with some semblance of accomplishment.

Becker

I take it that this means you support Obama?

I will respect that.

I will however disagree, the man has done nothing for this country, except screw it.

I am neither left-wing nor right-wing, I see things straight down the middle, looking at the outcome of our country with no slant nor leaning one direction, or another.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

www.spiegel.de...
Afghanistan's President Hamid Karzai is facing hard times. As his brother fights accusations that he's involved in the country's rampant drug trade, an increasing number of Afghans are disappointed by their government. Many are starting to think about potential presidential successors.

This is such a perfect example of unprepared misinformed no value leadership. The Afghan people we're told are inviting this, when in fact the substance of their government is totally unstable.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Ahmed Karzai, Brother of President and Reputed Opium Trader, Said to be on US Payroll
For eight years--and we're just hearing about it now?

NY Times By DEXTER FILKINS, MARK MAZZETTI and JAMES RISEN
Published: October 27, 2009:
: Brother of Afghan Leader Is Said to Be on C.I.A. Payroll

Ahmed Wali Karzai, the brother of the Afghan president and a suspected player in the country’s booming illegal opium trade, gets regular payments from the Central Intelligence Agency, and has for much of the past eight years, according to current and former American officials.

The agency pays Mr. Karzai for a variety of services, including helping to recruit an Afghan paramilitary force that operates at the C.I.A.’s direction in and around the southern city of Kandahar, Mr. Karzai’s home.

The financial ties and close working relationship between the intelligence agency and Mr. Karzai raise significant questions about America’s war strategy, which is currently under review at the White House.

The ties to Mr. Karzai have created deep divisions within the Obama administration. The critics say the ties complicate America’s increasingly tense relationship with President Hamid Karzai, who has struggled to build sustained popularity among Afghans and has long been portrayed by the Taliban as an American puppet. The C.I.A.’s practices also suggest that the United States is not doing everything in its power to stamp out the lucrative Afghan drug trade, a major source of revenue for the Taliban.

www.csmonitor.com...
MOSCOW - When the USSR ended its disastrous near decade-long occupation of Afghanistan – the last Soviet troops were extracted 20 years ago Sunday – war hero Gen. Makhmut Gareyev was left behind to advise the Kremlin's client regime on means of survival. He too fled three years later as waves of Islamist rebels, formerly armed by the US, hammered at the gates of Kabul.
"Nothing can be done in Afghanistan using military means," he says. "If the Americans go on with the policy they have now, it will be useless."

I'm going to jump up on this soap box just one more time and state, I needed a birth certificate, for a drivers license, for a passport, to enlist, and to register for clearances, NOT a record of live birth,
an actual Birth Certificate,
yet Bend-N-Bow Barry ? ? ? ? (or any other potus).

I still say look to this country to come into play big time.
www.cia.gov...
www.champress.net.../Article/view/49253

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

The Middle East has been rampant with drugs, for a very long time.

Taliban Build Multi-Million Dollar Insurgent Operation, Complicating U.S. Efforts

Hashish was invented there, opium comes from Asia for the most part.

The Afghanistan War, the Mujahideen and the Golden Crescent

Lord of the Golden Triangle Part 1

Lord of the Golden Triangle Part 2

Taliban Insurgency in Pakistan - 1

Taliban Insurgency in Pakistan - 2

The problem stems not from that country not doing anything, it stems from us looking past it to begin with and ignoring it when we had the chance.

The War on Drugs to me is a misnomer, because Law Enforcement does not belong in war.

As well as this the C.I.A. assists these drug warlords into getting into power to begin with.

Then is it any surprise that we have this crap infiltrated into our country?

Not to me it isn't, it is a part of their plan, using the Hegelian Dialectic.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Dialectic : Hegelian Dialectic

Hegelian dialectic, usually presented in a three-fold manner, was stated by Heinrich Moritz Chalybäus as comprising three dialectical stages of development: a thesis, giving rise to its reaction, an antithesis, which contradicts or negates the thesis, and the tension between the two being resolved by means of a synthesis.

Although this model is often named after Hegel, he himself never used that specific formulation.

Hegel ascribed that terminology to Kant.

Carrying on Kant's work, Fichte greatly elaborated on the synthesis model, and popularized it.

On the other hand, Hegel did use a three-valued logical model that is very similar to the antithesis model, but Hegel's most usual terms were: Abstract-Negative-Concrete.

Sometimes Hegel would use the terms, Immediate-Mediated-Concrete.

Hegel used these terms hundreds of times throughout his works.

The formula, Thesis-Antithesis-Synthesis, does not explain why the Thesis requires an Antithesis.

However, the formula, Abstract-Negative-Concrete, suggests a flaw in any initial thesis—it is too abstract and lacks the negative of trial, error and experience.

The same applies to the formula, Immediate-Mediated-Concrete.

For Hegel, the Concrete, the Synthesis, the Absolute, must always pass through the phase of the Negative, that is, Mediation.

This is the actual essence of what is popularly called Hegelian Dialectics.

To describe the activity of overcoming the negative, Hegel also often used the term Aufhebung, variously translated into English as "sublation" or "overcoming," to conceive of the working of the dialectic. Roughly, the term indicates preserving the useful portion of an idea, thing, society, etc., while moving beyond its limitations.

(Jacques Derrida's preferred French translation of the term was relever).

In the Logic, for instance, Hegel describes a dialectic of existence: first, existence must be posited as pure Being (Sein); but pure Being, upon examination, is found to be indistinguishable from Nothing (Nichts).

When it is realized that what is coming into being is, at the same time, also returning to nothing (in life, for example, one's living is also a dying), both Being and Nothing are united as Becoming.

As in the Socratic dialectic, Hegel claimed to proceed by making implicit contradictions explicit: each stage of the process is the product of contradictions inherent or implicit in the preceding stage.

For Hegel, the whole of history is one tremendous dialectic, major stages of which chart a progression from self-alienation as slavery to self-unification and realization as the rational, constitutional state of free and equal citizens.

The Hegelian dialectic cannot be mechanically applied for any chosen thesis.

Critics argue that the selection of any antithesis, other than the logical negation of the thesis, is subjective.

Then, if the logical negation is used as the antithesis, there is no rigorous way to derive a synthesis.

In practice, when an antithesis is selected to suit the user's subjective purpose, the resulting "contradictions" are rhetorical, not logical, and the resulting synthesis is not rigorously defensible against a multitude of other possible syntheses.

The problem with the Fichtean "Thesis-Antithesis-Synthesis" model is that it implies that contradictions or negations come from outside of things.

Hegel's point is that they are inherent in and internal to things.

This conception of dialectics derives ultimately from Heraclitus.

Hegel has outlined that the purpose of dialectics is "to study things in their own being and movement and thus to demonstrate the finitude of the partial categories of understanding"

One important dialectical principle for Hegel is the transition from quantity to quality, which he terms the Measure.

The measure is the qualitative quantum, the quantum is the existence of quantity.

"The identity between quantity and quality, which is found in Measure, is at first only implicit, and not yet explicitly realised.

In other words, these two categories, which unite in Measure, each claim an independent authority.

On the one hand, the quantitative features of existence may be altered, without affecting its quality.

On the other hand, this increase and diminution, immaterial though it be, has its limit, by exceeding which the quality suffers change.

[...] But if the quantity present in measure exceeds a certain limit, the quality corresponding to it is also put in abeyance.

This however is not a negation of quality altogether, but only of this definite quality, the place of which is at once occupied by another.

This process of measure, which appears alternately as a mere change in quantity, and then as a sudden revulsion of quantity into quality, may be envisaged under the figure of a nodal (knotted) line"

As an example, Hegel mentions the states of aggregation of water:

"Thus the temperature of water is, in the first place, a point of no consequence in respect of its liquidity: still with the increase or diminution of the temperature of the liquid water, there comes a point where this state of cohesion suffers a qualitative change, and the water is converted into steam or ice".

As other examples Hegel mentions the reaching of a point where a single additional grain makes a heap of wheat; or where the bald-tail is produced, if we continue plucking out single hairs.

Another important principle for Hegel is the negation of the negation, which he also terms Aufhebung (sublation): Something is only what it is in its relation to another, but by the negation of the negation this something incorporates the other into itself.

The dialectical movement involves two moments that negate each other, a somewhat and an another.

As a result of the negation of the negation, "something becomes an other; this other is itself somewhat; therefore it likewise becomes an other, and so on ad infinitum".

Something in its passage into other only joins with itself, it is self-related.

In becoming there are two moments: coming-to-be and ceasing-to-be: by sublation, i.e. negation of the negation, being passes over into nothing, it ceases to be, but something new shows up, is coming to be.

What is sublated (aufgehoben) on the one hand ceases to be and is put to an end, but on the other hand it is preserved and maintained.

In dialectics, a totality transform itself, it is self-related.

Hegelian Dialectic- Problem, Reaction, Solution explained 1/3

Hegelian Dialectic- Problem, Reaction, Solution explained 2/3

Hegelian Dialectic- Problem, Reaction, Solution explained 3/3

In other words, if the problem is so bad, you get rid of it, but before you can get rid of it, you create more of the problem to begin with, then find a solution, then use that synthesis to get rid of it.

If our Government wanted the drugs gone, they would have strengthened our position on it far tighter than it has ever been, strangling the sources, or strangling the potential for getting it into our country, one of the two, but no such luck, too many Senators and Congressmen want to look good fighting the fight, instead of actually fighting the fight, which is what politics is all about, only looking like you are solving the problem, thereby keeping a need for yourself in office.

Too much money is to be made, simulating the fight, then to actually win it.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Sorry, Obama, I was not impressed in the least by this speech.

President Obama on the Way Forward in Afghanistan and Pakistan

We have no reason to be in either country, nor Iraq for that matter, nor Iran when you find a false pretext to invade it.

We never had a reason to invade Iraq to begin with, knowing that was under our former "Commander-in-Chief" Bush, The Decider, you are fast approaching being called the Un-Precendenter.

I think I like that.

Un-Precendenter, Barack Obama to speak before Congress.

Has a nice ring to it.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I do not foresee President Barack Obama being re-elected for a Second Term, do you?

What are your thoughts on whether he will get re-elected and as well his first 200 + days in office?

I think it is way too soon to start speculating on whether or not he will be re-elected, but if I had to say yes or no as of right now, then I would say yes, I think he would. We need to keep in mind the utter shambles he got this country in, thanks to eight years of Bush and renegade Republican congressional spending and mismanagement of the economy.

As far as his first 200 plus days in office goes...I think there is some interesting events coming up that will define his 1st term one way or the other, which will ultimately determine if he is re-elected in 2012. Then again we saw Bush re-elected in 2004 pretty much because our country was going down the hole and it wasn't wise to switch leaders mid-course according to the voters. So that is another way Obama could be re-elected. Either way the next two years will define not only Obama, but our country in my humble opinion.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
not soon enough..... all his speeches are is the usual regurgitation (puking) of the same old play book of the 60's.....

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I do not foresee President Barack Obama being re-elected for a Second Term, do you?

Cheney 2012

Palin 2012

Jindal 2012

Yes....yes i do see him getting re-elected. Unless the GOP can offer the public someone actually worth listening to.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Snarf]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
I thought I would put this out there both as a humorous attempt at levity and as well as a reminder, the man will leave, eventually.

Yes I do. When I saw Americans re-electing Bush I thought immediately
'well, just shows anything is possible no matter how unexpected''.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I believe obama will last his whole term as POTUS
I doubt he would get elected again and don't think he cares
because he has his sites on a 'global' type office after he tries his best to bring America to it's knees

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Oh contraire yee King of Spartans! I am not what you have so blatently insinuated!

My only comment that may lead you to believe such blasphemy might have been my hopes he doesn't get us all wiped off the map before his little tour of the White House is over.

I've got a good mind to slap a "Foe" tag on you for your very hurtful words!

Becker

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Unfortunately, jkrog08, I agree to some extent, however from what I have seen so far, I am not going to hold my breath that he will finish out his first term.

Yes, he inherited Bush's problems, The Decider screwed us real good, but the Un-Precendenter is not doing much but give good speeches, with no action behind them.

You do know Obama's Secret Service codename is Renegade, right?

Not stating Bush was better than Obama, I think one screw the country, the other is hear to make it stick.

Bush got elected the first time because he stole the election via his daddy, the second time he stole it because he lied to us about W.M.D.'s in Iraq and September 11th being linked to Saddam Hussein.

I am just waiting to hear the false pretext Obama uses to get us mixed up in Iran and Venezuela.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilwolf
not soon enough..... all his speeches are is the usual regurgitation (puking) of the same old play book of the 60's.....

Hollow speeches, with no actual content, context, or intent are rather dull, huh?

I am tired of hearing nothing coming from the man.

I do not see why I bother listening to him, other than to spot the lack of substance.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

That is about the only way I see him getting re-elected.

If he is the lesser of two evils, as far as choices go.

And to me, having the lesser of two evil's is no choice at all.

Sorry, when you are forced between two choices, this means there is no real choice.

It means you can pick Candidate A, or Candidate B, when you might prefer Candidate C.

Yet, Candidate C never made it to the race, as a final choice.

I have always hated that saying, because to me, a lesser of two evil's, is still evil.

Danny Glover on Obama as the Lesser of Two Evils

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pmexplorer

I thought I would put this out there both as a humorous attempt at levity and as well as a reminder, the man will leave, eventually.

Yes I do. When I saw Americans re-electing Bush I thought immediately
'well, just shows anything is possible no matter how unexpected''.

Yes, but The Decider stole his first election, and lied to get the second one.

Daddy assisted the first, the false pretext of W.M.D. in Iraq, and September 11th being connected to Saddam Hussein got his re-election.

Let us hope there is no false-flag operation to get his second term.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm
I believe he will leave office within the next 31 days and resign his position of presidency.

We will see what happens, but the fact that he is going to give the green light for 34k more troops means he DOESN'T deserve the Nobel Peace Prize.

He's a liar, and a big one at that.

Well, some people have said that, and some believe he will go for a second term.

I just hope he leave peacefully from office when his first term is up.

Well... I think if things get better economically the guy will be in there for eight, I am NOT happy with him BTW.

But you see, I think all the character/personal attacks - from birther to commie will in fact better his chances for re election in three years.

Reason being;

people are becoming desensitized by the shear volume and scope of the political snipping. Combine this with the Red Baiting, abstract nature of the anti Obama campaign and you have a politician who will have had the kitchen sink bounced off his head countless times by next election. Stalin, Hitler, HOMO, MUSLIM, socialist, fascist, non citizen, bows to foreigners, does not salute, put his hand over his heart etc... busting the whole load too soon

Normally xenophobia is the most effective tool of the right, but this time, they've spent the entire clip in less then a year. The entire arsenal of character assassinating implements have been launched (less adulterer), so what next? Combo meals???
Even the combo's, mix and matchophobia have been spent too...

Should have saved some of the phobic rhetoric, pace themselves, wait until the next election, unleash (what has been presented in this last year) all at a time when it can be an effective,,, a @#%% hail of propaganda (and truth). Dick and Palin for the win!

The six or seven Obama threads daily;

This really represent burning thru the bullets. Mix in SO much garbage with pure concern and all you see is garbage after a while.

This is how I see it...I thought it was devastating at first, but if things turn around the guy will be teflon; purely as a result of the chaotic and seemingly random colleague of sub stories. People will not be able to distinguish between valid and propaganda, it will serve him well, just my Opinion

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Janky Red]

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Janky Red]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
Unfortunately, I believe obama will last his whole term as POTUS
I doubt he would get elected again and don't think he cares
because he has his sites on a 'global' type office after he tries his best to bring America to it's knees

Well, Obama can be either President of the United States of America, or he can go be the Secretary-General of the United Nations, not both.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Secretary-General of the United Nations

The Secretary-General of the United Nations, acronym UNSYG, is the head of the Secretariat, one of the principal organs of the United Nations.

The Secretary-General also acts as the de facto spokesperson and leader of the United Nations.

The current Secretary-General is Ban Ki-moon of South Korea, who took office on 1 January 2007. His first term will expire on 31 December 2011, and he will be eligible for reappointment.

This is technically the President of Earth, in a sense, and there's no way in Hell I want to see Obama achieve something like that.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Obama will be here for his whole term. I also think it's possible for him to be re-elected again in 2012. Remember we have just over 2 years, the media still has a strange hold over the majority of people who really don't have the best attention/memory span and a great deal fall head over heels for shiny shiny and very little substance. Obama was proof of that and his celebrity like status which was more important than actual policies. The media can make important things unimportant, and unimportant things the most pressing topic of the month if they so wish. In 2012 either republicans or democrats will win, that pretty much says it all when it comes to the voting public. They still haven't realised the trend over the decades....

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44

Oh contraire yee King of Spartans! I am not what you have so blatently insinuated!

My only comment that may lead you to believe such blasphemy might have been my hopes he doesn't get us all wiped off the map before his little tour of the White House is over.

I've got a good mind to slap a "Foe" tag on you for your very hurtful words!

Becker

Okay, well with what you put, it was not quite clear.

Since I cannot see the bumper sticker, and I am not a mind reader, it's not clear.

Don't go adding me to your foes list, I think you need to read this thread :

Obamaland : Cotton Candy, Gumdrops, and Rainbow Dreams, This is the Land of Collusion

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Well, I hope, Janky Red, you realize this is not an Obama trashing thread.

It is not, because I am commenting from the middle, being neither left-wing, nor right-wing.

I am driving around town daily seeing the houses foreclosed on, seeing cars for sale everywhere, watching people dumpster-dive to pay their bills, and all for what reason?

There was supposed to be some sort of alleged Stimulus Bill that was supposed to kick-start the economy, yet it was wasted giving to it to the robber-barrons, car industry, and keeping us embroiled in two wars we do not need.

See, that's the thing, war usually is the fastest way to kick a failing economy in the keister, yet where is that happening with all the fall out of N.A.F.T.A. still strangling our country.

If he truly wanted to do something to stimulate the economy, he would get N.A.F.T.A. repealed and make tax incentives for companies working within the boundaries of the country that needs it right now, the United States.

Where is all the alleged money for small businesses as well?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join