It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many Days Until President Barack Obama Leaves Office?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I thought I would put this out there both as a humorous attempt at levity and as well as a reminder, the man will leave, eventually.

I do not foresee President Barack Obama being re-elected for a Second Term, do you?

What are your thoughts on whether he will get re-elected and as well his first 200 + days in office?

I cannot say with any sense of accomplishment that I have seen anything malicious coming from him towards our country, but at the same time I'm not impressed with anything he has done whatsoever because to me he has only given a lot of speeches, pissed off the nation, and humiliated our country to the international community.

Obama Speeches

This thread has nothing to do with his ethnicity, nothing to do with the scandal surrounding his birth certificate, and certainly nothing to do with his political party.

I am a registered Independent, I could care less now about the "Birther Movement", and color is just that, color, to me, it is the flesh on the outside, but that is not what makes a man, it is instead his character, not his color that defines a man.

I do not see that Obama has much more than keep making more and more speeches.

Meanwhile, our economy is crumbling, still, and the jobless, homeless, and vehicle less are on the rise.

If you want some insight into how the President gains far too much power, I suggest this book :

The Cult of the Presidency: America's Dangerous Devotion to Executive Power

Amazon Review : The Bush years have given rise to fears of a resurgent Imperial Presidency.

Those fears are justified, but the problem cannot be solved simply by bringing a new administration to power.

In his provocative new book, The Cult of the Presidency, Gene Healy argues that the fault lies not in our leaders but in ourselves.

When our scholars lionize presidents who break free from constitutional restraints, when our columnists and talking heads repeatedly call upon the "commander in chief " to dream great dreams and seek the power to achieve them--when voters look to the president for salvation from all problems great and small--should we really be surprised that the presidency has burst its constitutional bonds and grown powerful enough to threaten American liberty?

The Cult of the Presidency takes a step back from the ongoing red team/blue team combat and shows that, at bottom, conservatives and liberals agree on the boundless nature of presidential responsibility.

For both camps, it is the president's job to grow the economy, teach our children well, provide seamless protection from terrorist threats, and rescue Americans from spiritual malaise.

Very few Americans seem to think it odd, says Healy, "when presidential candidates talk as if they're running for a job that's a combination of guardian angel, shaman, and supreme warlord of the earth."

Healy takes aim at that unconfined conception of presidential responsibility, identifying it as the source of much of our political woe and some of the gravest threats to our liberties.

If the public expects the president to heal everything that ails us, the president is going to demand--or seize--the power necessary to handle that responsibility.

Interweaving historical scholarship, legal analysis, and trenchant cultural commentary, The Cult of the Presidency traces America's decades-long drift from the Framers' vision for the presidency: a constitutionally constrained chief magistrate charged with faithful execution of the laws.

Restoring that vision will require a Congress and a Court willing to check executive power, but Healy emphasizes that there is no simple legislative or judicial "fix" to the problems of the presidency.

Unless Americans change what we ask of the office--no longer demanding what we should not want and cannot have--we'll get what, in a sense, we deserve.

This timer below was not created with any animosity, nor untoward thoughts, other than hopefully the man will leave Oval Office, intact.

Without totally screwing up our country.

Days Until Obama Leave Office

[edit on 1-12-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Speech without action equals nothing, and that is what I am seeing with Obama.

Hope cannot be given, it must rise within you first, oratory skills mean nothing when someone is starving, hands gestures mean nothing when someone has no roof over their head, looking good on camera means nothing to someone who has no job to pay the cable bill.

How to Grassroot a Viable Presidential Candidate Part 1

Change cannot happen, unless the Federal Reserve is held accountable for their actions, change will not happen unless the politicians stop stealing our money, change will never come to pass unless the citizens stop bitching, whining, and complaining and actually enter the political arena.

How to Grassroot a Viable Presidential Candidate Part 2

While a President should inspire by his words, his actions must also meet those words.

Somewhere in the middle, and the empty and vacillating speeches fall short of action.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I have myself temporarily on BSA -- Birther self-arrest -- so I think you're safe for a while.

Okay, well, I'm going to take your well-written thread kinda literally and make a prediction:

I just did some addition on my calculator, and have arrived at the figure: 473 days until President Obama leaves office. In spite of some of my personal misgivings regarding President Obama, I believe that at this point, it would/will represent a terrible time of severe detriment to the United States if he is removed from office.

I will still remain hopeful that he can move things in a positive direction for the nation.

I have to go now, because my inner birther is punching the walls of my restraint.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I appreciate the reply, I do, whether you are a "birther", or not.

That's a low prediction of days though, because there are 365 days in a year.

He has only been in office I believe it is 232 days.

Do you forget he has four years?

365 + 365 + 365 + 133 = 1228 days - 81 days = 1147

Somewhere my math is off, because the countdown timer in the original post said 1147 days.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I believe he will leave office within the next 31 days and resign his position of presidency.

We will see what happens, but the fact that he is going to give the green light for 34k more troops means he DOESN'T deserve the Nobel Peace Prize.

He's a liar, and a big one at that.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm
I believe he will leave office within the next 31 days and resign his position of presidency.

We will see what happens, but the fact that he is going to give the green light for 34k more troops means he DOESN'T deserve the Nobel Peace Prize.

He's a liar, and a big one at that.

Well, some people have said that, and some believe he will go for a second term.

I just hope he leave peacefully from office when his first term is up.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
He will stay his full term....Who knows what will happen or what the world will look like...Maybe something like this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef85c07e5665

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
try this Again

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef85c07e5665.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ARNOMANNN

I sure hope not.

Let's leave the mushrooms in the dark, and feed them the proverbial crap.

Instead of them growing over any country.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Nope, your math was just fine, SKL. I was just indulging in taking the OP question literally, and it is my guess -- based upon secret insider intel that doesn't exist -- that a year and two months might be the date.

Although my first post to your thread (and this one) is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, there is a part of me that obsessively looks for patterns and tries to identify them. I truly hope I'm wrong.

There was a time when I wanted President Obama out of office, but no longer. I now believe it's the best thing for the nation if he at least finishes his current term.

Fortunately for each and every one of us, we are all allowed to grow into our own shoes. Politicians perhaps have to utilize a hurry-up offense in order to mature politically, and sometimes I think people are just coming into their own where they might actually be in danger of doing some good, when they are voted out.

Well, we'll see. As to your OP, I can't disagree with your opinions of the way things appear thus far. There's no doubt in my mind that Obama was elected into a big pile of crap, and at possibly one of the most pivotal times in American History. We'll see. Hopefully the POTUS will surprise us and really shine. I don't mind hoping for that.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I'll be honest, when Obama was running for president, I did not have a single clue who he was. Never heard or seen him before. I still often wonder where he popped up from. The whole time I've been hearing his "yes we can" nonsense, I've been saying, "o no you cant, haven't & probably won't"! I am so tired of seeing him on t.v.. I wonder if he just likes to see himself & hear himself speak. But, in answer to your question, I don't believe he will be in office long at all. This is all just my own opinion of course.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

Although my first post to your thread (and this one) is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, there is a part of me that obsessively looks for patterns and tries to identify them. I truly hope I'm wrong.

Fortunately for each and every one of us, we are all allowed to grow into our own shoes. Politicians perhaps have to utilize a hurry-up offense in order to mature politically, and sometimes I think people are just coming into their own where they might actually be in danger of doing some good, when they are voted out.

That's good, I had a feeling you might have been a little facetious.

I look for patterns as well, and mine tell me that we will be at war here in America, soon.

I hope I'm wrong as well because I see all the indicators of war on the horizon.

People dumpster diving just to pay their car payment or mortgage.

Copper being stolen because of the need for money as well as it's price has skyrocketed.

House's being foreclosed on faster than the banks can seize them.

The list is endless.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
I'll be honest, when Obama was running for president, I did not have a single clue who he was. Never heard or seen him before. I still often wonder where he popped up from. The whole time I've been hearing his "yes we can" nonsense, I've been saying, "o no you cant, haven't & probably won't"! I am so tired of seeing him on t.v.. I wonder if he just likes to see himself & hear himself speak. But, in answer to your question, I don't believe he will be in office long at all. This is all just my own opinion of course.

I had never heard of Obama before he ran for office and that's troubling.

Of course, I'm sure a lot of people share your opinion, feel free to share it.

I've never been impressed with him.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electricneo

How many days til the retard birthers leave ATS?
That is the question.

Was that really necessary?

Thanks for posting.

I know I'm not a "birther" but I know something's up.

Even if Obama started the rumor himself.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The skill level of delivering a speech is a developed art. Mr Obama has mastered the use of the teleprompter. The un-natural left to right reading eye movement was so obvious tonight I sat amazed. He was disconnected from the content of the words he was speaking. The mastery of vocal modulation, effect pausing and stressed adjectives, combined with hand and head movements garnered him an A+.

Unfortunately the decisions to:

Escalate war to end war has gotten him an (F-.)

To come from the position that this is "hard" on him and not mentioning how hard it will be on our citizen soliders as he returns to a pampered white house aslo gets him another (F-)

Grasping with a slippery hand at the same false excuses used by his predecessor and attempting to re-use them to gain resolve from a weary and restless populace.(F-)
www.ostroyreport.com...

Attempting the impossible by entering between tribal opium producers and conflicting Karzi government controlled opium producers while supposedly introducing "new" agricultural revenue streams into Afghanistan WITH the permission and acceptance of unrelated Pakistan. (F-)
www.presstv.com...

The dipping of his toe into the waters briefly addressing the economy and jobless rate was obligatory at best, and abstract at making a connection to heal a nation through a military engagement.
Our youth have the options of millions of jobs leaving the country and increased unemployment or serving in the military as a private sector job replacement.
www.militaryindustrialcomplex.com...

I do not feel led by this man, and no I'm not anti obama,
I'm pro substance and experience.
I have the feeling that at any moment he can hold up a finger and say "wait here a minute I'll be right back" and disappear into another room, and return saying, "I'm sorry I asked my manager and I'm told that's the best we can do for you today".

[edit on 1-12-2009 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
He will be impeached and maybe tried for treason early in 2011.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

I wont say impossible, but I'll go with improbable. The idea of his ranking replacements isnt worth a fart in a wind storm until you reach senate level so I dont know if thats good or bad. Unless we're allowed to actually start digging up the bones of old presidents and having them hold office, it just doesnt look good, no matter how much beer you drink.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Well said, HappilyEverAfter.

Those are my sentiments exactly, the man can give good speeches, but in the end they are hollow words filled with no content, context, or viable intent, except self-serving.

He is not considering the nations best interests in my opinion.

Our soldiers have been overseas in the Middle East for far too long.

There is absolutely no reason for them to be there any longer.

If he were serious about change, he would have pulled us out of Iraq by now.

As well we would not be involved in Afghanistan, it is a lost cause, and this is left over from the Reagan era with Operation Cyclone.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Operation Cyclone

Operation Cyclone was the code name for the United States Central Intelligence Agency program to arm the Afghan mujahideen during the Soviet war in Afghanistan, 1979 to 1989.

Operation Cyclone was one of the longest and most expensive covert CIA operations ever undertaken; funding began with $20–30 million per year in 1980 and rose to $630 million per year in 1987.

Operation Cyclone Over - Battle against Terrorist Ends - Mumbai Terror

Operation Cyclone is referenced in its entirety in this book :

Ghost Wars: The Secret History of the CIA, Afghanistan, and bin Laden, from the Soviet Invasion to September 10, 2001

Conversations with History: Steve Coll

Amazon Review :

Steve Coll's Ghost Wars: The Secret History of the CIA, Afghanistan, and Bin Laden, from the Soviet Invasion to September 10, 2001 offers revealing details of the CIA's involvement in the evolution of the Taliban and Al Qaeda in the years before the September 11 attacks.

From the beginning, Coll shows how the CIA's on-again, off-again engagement with Afghanistan after the end of the Soviet war left officials at Langley with inadequate resources and intelligence to appreciate the emerging power of the Taliban.

He also demonstrates how Afghanistan became a deadly playing field for international politics where Soviet, Pakistani, and U.S. agents armed and trained a succession of warring factions.

At the same time, the book, though opinionated, is not solely a critique of the agency.

Coll balances accounts of CIA failures with the success stories, like the capture of Mir Amal Kasi.

Coll, managing editor for the Washington Post, covered Afghanistan from 1989 to 1992.

He demonstrates unprecedented access to records of White House meetings and to formerly classified material, and his command of Saudi, Pakistani, and Afghani politics is impressive.

He also provides a seeming insider's perspective on personalities like George Tenet, William Casey, and anti-terrorism czar, Richard Clarke ("who seemed to wield enormous power precisely because hardly anyone knew who he was or what exactly he did for a living").

Coll manages to weave his research into a narrative that sometimes has the feel of a Tom Clancy novel yet never crosses into excess.

While comprehensive, Coll's book may be hard going for those looking for a direct account of the events leading to the 9-11 attacks.

The CIA's 1998 engagement with bin Laden as a target for capture begins a full two-thirds of the way into Ghost Wars, only after a lengthy march through developments during the Carter, Reagan, and early Clinton Presidencies.

But this is not a critique of Coll's efforts; just a warning that some stamina is required to keep up.

Ghost Wars is a complex study of intelligence operations and an invaluable resource for those seeking a nuanced understanding of how a small band of extremists rose to inflict incalculable damage on American soil.

--Patrick O'Kelley

Charlie Wilson's War

Anyone who know history as well as has seen Charlie Wilson's War knows we have already thrown way too much money at Afghanistan.

Amazon Review :

Political movies about backroom negotiations need not be dry or heavy-handed, as Charlie Wilson's War delightfully proves.

Based on the true story of playboy congressman Wilson's efforts to fund Afghanistan's defense against the Soviet invasion of the 1980s, the film is borne along on breezy attitude and a peppery script by West Wing scribe Aaron Sorkin.

Wilson, played by Tom Hanks (who also produced), is the perfect hero for this kind of tale, because there's nothing perfect or heroic about him: He's a highball-swilling, fanny-pinching gadabout who becomes radicalized on the issue of helping the Afghans against their mighty aggressor.

He has help in the form of a right-wing Texas anti-Communist (Julia Roberts) with a genius for raising money, and a sardonic CIA operative (Philip Seymour Hoffman, stealing the show) who lacks all the social skills Wilson has in abundance.

Sorkin's syncopated speech is just the ticket for director Mike Nichols, who understands exactly how to keep this kind of political comedy popping (the complicated story comes in at a hair over 90 minutes, amazingly).

Some scoundrels are on the right side of the angels, and the movie's Charlie Wilson is one of them.

--Robert Horton

How much money are we going to let be thrown to the wind?

Quote from : Wikipedia : Funding :Operation Cyclone

Funding

The U.S. offered two packages of economic assistance and military sales to support Pakistan's role in the war against the Soviet troops in Afghanistan.

The first six-year assistance package (1981–87) amounted to US$3.2 billion, equally divided between economic assistance and military sales.

The U.S. also sold 40 F-16 aircraft to Pakistan during 1983–87 at a cost of $1.2 billion outside the assistance package.

The second six-year assistance package (1987–93) amounted to $4.2 billion.

Out of this, $2.28 billion were allocated for economic assistance in the form of grants or loan that carried the interest rate of 2–3 per cent.

The rest of the allocation ($1.74 billion) was in the form of credit for military purchases.

Sale of non-U.S. arms to Pakistan for destination to Afghanistan was facilitated by Israel.

Somewhere between $3–$20 billion in U.S. funds were funneled into the country to train and equip Afghan resistance groups with weapons, including Stinger man-portable air-defense systems.

The program funding was increased yearly due to lobbying by prominent U.S. politicians and government officials, such as Charles Wilson, Gordon Humphrey, Fred Ikle, and William Casey.

Under the Reagan administration, U.S. support for the Afghan mujahideen evolved into a centerpiece of U.S. foreign policy, called the Reagan Doctrine, in which the U.S. provided military and other support to anti-communist resistance movements in Afghanistan, Angola, Nicaragua, and elsewhere.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
He will be impeached and maybe tried for treason early in 2011.

Well considering Bill Clinton did not get thrown out for MonicaGate, and Bush did not get thrown out for lying us into Iraq to begin with, I do not see an Presidential impeachment coming.

It might be a nice break in the day though, because so far, we're screwed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join