It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Renewable energy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
First off, i do not want to discuss whether Climate Change is occuring as a result of mans use of Fossil fuels or not, there are plenty of other threads to deal with that endless question.

What i would like to discuss with fellow members is renewable energy and its positive/negative effects on the World, Humantiy, the ecosystem (as in the animal/plant kingdom).

I for one am all for the different types of renewable energy such as Solar/Wind. It can make a country more energy independnt, thus lowering the need for Oil and Gas from politically unstable countires/regions i.e Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Venezula, Russia.As a result less toxins will be spewed into the air that can harm humans, cause illnesses ie Cancer, Asthma and Birth defects.

Other advantages i can see is the decrease in the destruction of the natural habitats of Wildlife, such as in the Amazon for Bio-Oils, and the drilling and transporting of Oil in general which has led to many disasters for the Worlds eco-systems.

What do people think? Is renewable energy simply the way forward to make Humans more resourceful and less wasteful? Is it simply the right way for all the Planets inhabitants?

Are there any drawbacks? i.e economic damage, Third World countries failure to grow as a result, damage to Habitats due to Hydro/Electric or other projects.

Regards

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Like I said in numerous other threads, I wish the patents on alternative energy sources would be released.

Their have been 100's if not THOUSAND's of patents declared Top Secret on National Security grounds.

Their is no energy shortage and their all kinds of alternative energy sources that we are not allowed to have.

For deniers of this, explain to me how vehicles 50 years ago were able to get better gas mileage than today. Especially when back than, they were made wholly from steel.

Yes, alternative energy and pollution controls are necessary.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Like I said in numerous other threads, I wish the patents on alternative energy sources would be released.

Their have been 100's if not THOUSAND's of patents declared Top Secret on National Security grounds.

Their is no energy shortage and their all kinds of alternative energy sources that we are not allowed to have.

For deniers of this, explain to me how vehicles 50 years ago were able to get better gas mileage than today. Especially when back than, they were made wholly from steel.

Yes, alternative energy and pollution controls are necessary.

I beg to differ on one single point .
We are quite rapidly depleting our sources of natural/fossil fuels .

We have the technology to run our cars /industry on alternative fuels and have done for at least 35-40 years .

The powers that be have been buying up/ stealing new ideas for alternative fuels for years in an attempt to keep them on top when the natural resources eventually run out .

Respects

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
What would you say is the most effective renewable energy avaliable at the moment? Wind power is being pushed quite heavily in the U.K.www.businessgreen.com...

I would think surrounded by water, that tidal energy would be a good bet to augment this drive.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Peruvianmonk]

top topics

join