It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to send 30,000 troops to Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Obama has decided to send 30,000 Soldiers to Afghanistan and Democrats aren't the happiest with this latest decision.

Dec. 1 (Bloomberg) -- President Barack Obama’s plan to send 30,000 more U.S. troops to Afghanistan is being greeted with skepticism or outright opposition by Democrats and support from Republicans in Congress.

No ‘Clear Purpose’

“Greatly increasing our troop presence is not the right way to go,” Feingold told reporters in Washington, saying there didn’t appear to be a “clear purpose” for the troop buildup.

Source

This is perhaps the most unpopular choice our President has made yet. What do you think about this deployment of troops to a country that serves no threat to the United States?

Honestly, it's not surprising but sure is upsetting. There is no purpose for this. I can't say what hasn't been said already by many, especially on this website. I'll just say it's time to bring our men and women back home from that country.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

[edit on 1-12-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I think its time to really stock up on non-perishables, over the next couple of days. Those sworn to the constitution will be moving out next week. I've been told something is planned shortly, its time to be prepared.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Already a thread going here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Obama is the new war president. By anouncung that he's going to send another 30,000 troops, it proves that his strings are pulled by the same masters of Bush.

top topics

join