It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new pill that alters men fertility. AKA Genocidacil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
'The pill' for him: Scientists find a hormonal on-and-off switch for male fertility

SOURCE

"This study provides a new opportunity to identify how androgens control sperm production, which could provide new insight for the development of new treatments for male infertility and perhaps new male contraceptives," said Michelle Welsh, Ph.D., co-author of the study, from the Centre for Reproductive Biology at The Queen's Medical Research Institute in Edinburgh, UK.

To make this discovery, Welsh and colleagues performed studies in two groups of mice. The first group of mice was normal, but the second group of mice was missing a gene from the peritubular myoid cells in the testis. This gene that was missing codes for the androgen hormone receptor, and when missing, sperm production was significantly decreased when compared to the normal group. The result was infertility.

"Although 'the pill' arguably has been liberating for women since its development in the 1960s, a similar birth control drug for men has been elusive," said Gerald Weissmann, M.D., Editor-in-Chief of The FASEB Journal. "Not only does this research pinpoint androgenic hormones and their cellular receptors as prime targets for the development of new birth control drugs, but it promises to speed the development of new agents to boost sperm production."

More information: Michelle Welsh, Philippa T. K. Saunders, Nina Atanassova, Richard M. Sharpe, and Lee B. Smith Androgen action via testicular peritubular myoid cells is essential for male fertility. FASEB J. 2009 23: 4218-4230. doi:10.1096/fj.09-138347

Source: Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology

Found this article originally on www.blacklistednews.com

I'm sure that it will only be a matter of time before this finds its way into all of our water supplies. From that point, we can all rest easy with knowledge that our superiors will grace us with the expensive antidote medicine as they see fit.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I can't wait for this pill to be commercially accessible. I am a father of multiple kids, I am macho and fertile as a thousand of horny demons.

Stop denigrating valuable research.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
I can't wait for this pill to be commercially accessible. I am a father of multiple kids, I am macho and fertile as a thousand of horny demons.

I understand your .. problem?. However, this kind of science/technology has tremendously dangerous possibilities, especially when considering how much medicine is excreted through urine and continues to contaminate existing water supplies.

I can ignore the nwo exploit of this, temporarily.

However, please correct me if you know more about the topic, but, is it not theoretically possible that this new medicine(s) can be taken by large populations and end up as tamiflu and aspirin chemicals do in our water?

This kind of experimentation with nature has potential to mess up the balances of our bodies in devastating ways. If it is not tested correctly, monitored, maintained, ect. - we may all experience fluctuations in our fertility with the potential case of losing all fertility for good.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Perhaps the research is good, but the fact that Obama's Health Tzar still poses for photos in front of a book he co-wrote on forcibly controlling fertility is not.

He wanted a single world-wide authority to have control of all food supplies and every individual's fertility.

One method he postulated was putting an anti-fertility substance in the water.
(On condition it did not damage the fertility of livestock.)

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I was just wondering . . .
Is "macho" a euphemism for not being able to keep one's fly done up?

Perhaps you should just give the guy a hand instead.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

My fly is fine. I also have experience in search and rescue missions, where you have to revive frost-bitten people and in certain cases pack them up in body bags. If you have advice as to how to handle death of close friends that you witness, I'm all ears.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Kailassa can you be more specific about the book you mentioned? I'd like to compile those specific excerpts with this thread and potentially write a more formal article about the connections in the future. If not, no worries, I should be able to find it.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I'm in this boat as well. Then I could cancel my appointment for next week.

On the "conspiracy" side, I'm sure this "NWO" has experimented with much worse than giving the men the opportunity to have an "on"/"off" switch.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by patmac

The book you are looking for is Ecoscience co-authored by John Holdren. Use the search function here on ATS and you will find more than enough info.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
when womens oral contraceptives were created...did they put those in the water to stop people from reproducing? no! and we know this because the world's population is around 7 billion. so i really dont see too much reason to be worried. this is fantastic! finally there could be a male contraceptive! thats double protection for people who are young or dont want children. this could help prevent so many unwanted pregnancies. it gives guys a way to be even more responsible with safe sex. for now, only the women have several types of birth control available...men have limited options. if this became available it gives men more choices.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Maybe I read it too fast, but I'm not getting the water thing. Did you worry about that with female oral contraceptives too? I guess I'm confused.

It would be a good thing to have this choice for men. I, for one, wouldn't trust a man to remember to take it...the men in my life have been quite forgetful about things like pills, even those saving their lives in some cases, so...

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by devilishlyangelic23

It's not safe sex. Can't protect anyone from STDs.

However, as a female who takes the pill on a regular basis, this could be a great help. I cannot take many herbs, such as fennel and wild yam, for my other conditions or needs while I am taking the pill. However, with an allergy to both latex and spermicide, this seems like it could be a good option.

But I know how responsible I am, and I know how responsible my partner is about taking medications, and I somehow feel more safe continuing to take mine at 11pm each night.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Yeaaaaa, that's cool and all but...

I'd rather keep everything flowing as it should.
I Guarantee one of the side effects of this "Pill" will be E-D.
Mark my words men, mark my words...

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I think the "water supply"fears are based on the fact that estrogen has been found in municipal water supplies as a result of the fact that water filtration doesn't remove all chemicals from treated waste water that's recycled as drinking water.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

My fly is fine. I also have experience in search and rescue missions, where you have to revive frost-bitten people and in certain cases pack them up in body bags. If you have advice as to how to handle death of close friends that you witness, I'm all ears.

I was replying to this statement of yours, "I am a father of multiple kids, I am macho and fertile as a thousand of horny demons."
I sympathise with your terrible experience, but I'm struggling to understand how that experience relates to being horny and fertile.

If it's unrelated and you really want such advice, I can give you the benefit of my experience in the matter.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdl79
reply to post by patmac

The book you are looking for is Ecoscience co-authored by John Holdren. Use the search function here on ATS and you will find more than enough info.

Thanks, jdl79.
That is the book I was referring too.

Ecoscience, Population, Resources and Environment

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Is this somehow worse than it's direct female equivalent?

I don't really understand the outcry.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jdl79

It's a theoretical book, not an advocacy book. It discusses all the possible ways of dealing with overpopulation. it ranges the gamut from completely voluntary measures, to the draconian psycho stuff you're looking at. It's a presentation of hte options and an analysis of each.

Maybe you should read a book before you talk about it?

new topics

top topics

join