It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the baloney detection kit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
designed to help you wade through the amount of information and disinformation that we come into contact with.

some simple tools we could all use.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Ah, very nice video. It should be mandatory for users here to look at it. However, it could and probably would lead to half as many posts and too much of the common sense

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
"Think for yourself" or "Don't take anybody's word for anything" would be good places to start AND stop that video.

When he goes on to explain how we should formulate our opinions, he's just spewing his own personal beliefs at people, the patterns he has personally learned to see in reality, no different than anyone else.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Just sounds like your closed mind average material obsessed scientist. Good job there are scientists out there with open enough minds to innovate and try to progress the human race. If we all had the mind of the guy in this video we'd be still be naked in a cave.
Science in the beginning could not see atoms yet it did not stop J. Robert Oppenheimer trying to split it.
So the same can be said for the unexplained or spiritual side of being, just because you cannot see it or stick a pin in it doesn't mean its Baloney!

It's merely Undiscovered!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well I guess if the theory can be backed up by scientific data...we should all believe...scientists don't lie...oops, maybe not.

When we see that scientists have manipulated their data (global warming) who can you believe?

I choose to keep an open mind. But not so open my brains fall out.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Mankind's primitive science is at the present time is incapable of comprehending the cosmos. Our five senses don't even come close to that of dogs.

One arrogance and baloney sandwich on wheat....coming up!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Mankind's primitive science is at the present time is incapable of comprehending the cosmos. Our five senses don't even come close to that of dogs.

And you saying that science only acknowledges what is capable of being perceive by our "five senses"? So much for nuclear reactors and gamma ray observatories. I suppose they aren't real.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Originally posted by whaaa

And you saying that science only acknowledges what is capable of being perceive by our "five senses"? So much for nuclear reactors and gamma ray observatories. I suppose they aren't real.

No what I'm saying is that of course scientific instruments can detect much but it is always filtered by our senses and our limited conceptual perceptions. We can't see what we can't even conceive of.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It's a guide, you dont have to use it or follow it. I just find it helpfull sometimes when wading through some of the bunk out there. It gives you a few simple pointers at looking at the claims that we hear.

new topics

top topics

join