It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Taser Death by the Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This happened locally where I live so I thought I would post. Forgive me if it has already been posted or is in the wrong forum.

www.newschannel9.com...

A Cleveland man dies after being shocked by a taser, and his family wants to know why.. Edward Buckner had known hard times. He had just lost his job, his house and he had fallen into a depression. But while trying to get help, the unimaginable happened. "I told him bye, i loved him and that was the last time i talked to him," Alice Buckner says. The last time she spoke to her husband Eddie was the day after Thanksgiving. He was being released from Erlanger, and taken back to Moccasin Bend mental health facility, a place he'd only been for just one day, after his family noticed a change in his behavior. "He just started, at times he'd talk normal and at times it was like he was confused," Alice Buckner says. A rise in blood pressure sent Eddie Buckner to Erlanger for several days. When it was time to leave, his wife says he told her he just wanted to go home. "He simply did not want to go back to Moccasin bend," Buckner says. "He didn't want to go the first time." Police say while they were trying to put Buckner in the van, he got combative with Erlanger and Hamilton County corrections officers. They wound up shocking him with a Taser. Once they subdued him, officers then loaded the 53-year-old into the van. But when they got to Moccasin Bend, Buckner was unresponsive. Officers drove him back to Erlanger. He was pronounced dead. "Y'all have to show me a camera, show my husband standing up there fighting with them before I believe them," Buckner says, fighting back tears.

This has got to stop. There have been numerous deaths involving tasers and the police. From what I know it has always been "Set phasers from stun to kill," not "Set tasers from stun to kill." I thought this was suppose to replace potential deaths by gunshots...

This man had just gotten out of the hospital, was in a wheel chair, and weak from dehydration. The hospital staff states he had fallen out of the wheel chair...that is suppose to be a combative state ?!?!? Yeah, right. There were a total of 6 police officers and mental health officials involved in this incident. 6 men cannot pick up a weakened man and put him back in the van??? He needs to be tasered at least 3 times because he won't get off of the ground??? I'm not buying it. This is a case of excessive force plain and simple.

I hope that the Chattanooga Police Department finally gets what they deserve. For those of you that don't know the police are extremely corrupt here and in the outlying areas. There have have been numerous incidents and scandals in the last 5 years involving "officers of the law," although I am having a hard time calling them that anymore.

At this point I don't even care. I hope people will start fighting back against this corruption soon.

I will keep this thread updated. Autopsy results are supposed to be revealed tonight or tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
We should put a special thread together with a post about every taser death we can find out about.

Tasers kill, and instead of replacing gun use they are replacing negotiation.

I expect that, on the whole, more people are dying now police have tasers.

join