It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say NO to the United Nations Environmental Program. (Copenhagen treaty)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Otherwise known as the "New Enviornmental Order"

The purpose of the paper, put together after an unpublicized day-long session in Switzerland by some of the world's top environmental bureaucrats: to argue for a new and unprecedented effort to move environmental concerns to "the center of political and economic decision-making" around the world — and perhaps not coincidentally, expand the influence and reach of UNEP at the tables of world power, as a rule-maker and potential supervisor of the New Environmental Order.

As UNEP's four-year strategy more circumspectly puts it: "Mobilizing sufficient finance to meet environmental challenges, including climate change, extends well beyond global mechanisms negotiated under conventions. It will require efforts at local, national and global levels to engage with Governments and the private sector to achieve the necessary additional investment and financial flows."

www.foxnews.com...

Mobilize sufficient finance? Engage with governments to achieve the necessary additional investment and financial flows?
Sounds a lot like taxing to me.

Simple as this, "NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION".

Not only is this against the constitution, it's also based on a foundation of lies, what bugs me most is that the climategate scandal is exploding with news, evidence of corruption, datamanipulation and basically throws "Human made climate change" out the window, and yet our "representatives" are steaming ahead to the copenhagen meeting ready to gain more power based on a lie, a hoax.

We've even had accounts of scientists who opposed the human made global warming theory have their families or themselves and reputations threatened.

Soon says some scientists became staunch advocates for their position that global warming was occurring, and that they they dug in and started refusing to publish papers with contradictory viewpoints. "I read a paper on increasing heat in the ocean and asked the scientist in France for the backup data," Soon says. "She told me she did not distribute data to people who didn't agree with her conclusions."

Soon says he has been victimized by other "ugly" personal attacks from leading scientists in the global warming world when he has simply raised questions, as any scientific colleague would, about the veracity of the data. "Seeing all of this controversy in the news is no different than dealing with them in person," he said. "There's a lot of personal ugliness."

Taylor, who is also outspoken in his questioning of climate change theory, says he too has encountered ugliness from global warming enthusiasts, including "e-mail stalking" and "people making thinly veiled threats to physically harm me and my family." He said his opponents at public forums have refused to shake his hand or even acknowledge his presence.

www.foxnews.com...

Scientists at the University of East Anglia have admitted throwing away much of the raw temperature data on which their predictions of global warming are based.

www.foxnews.com...

There are too many sleepers, America should be angry right now and oppose this treaty.
It seems they are too busy worrying about what Tiger Woods has or hasnt said, and who crashed the white houses party.

This should be making you all furious...
I know it is for me.

Don't get me wrong, I support environmentalism but I do not and will never support the new world order and violating out rights.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BlubberyConspiracy

I have a feeling if Obama signs this Copenhagen treaty, and it is structured in a way that it is basically a UN Tax, then that will be the final straw that breaks the camels back.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

Well, considering that half of Obama's campaigns were based on this lie, I'm pretty confident that he will sign the treaty.

At least then we will learn who's best interest is in this administration.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by BlubberyConspiracy]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Here's a pdf for the document from fox news.

Here's the four year strategy. link

Posted these in the other thread then noticed this one was first. Posted them here so people can read them.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BlubberyConspiracy

If I were him, I would think twice before I did it. Americans will flip their lids if we have to start paying another tax. But you are probably right. He will probably sign it, but I wouldn't want to be him after people like Glenn Beck tells everyone the details of what that means.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
Here's a pdf for the document from fox news.

Here's the four year strategy. link

Posted these in the other thread then noticed this one was first. Posted them here so people can read them.

Thanks for that

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

I skimmed through those documents and they sound all peachy and wonderfully pleasant. Maybe we are over reacting a tad and they aren't really a bunch of eco-Nazi's who will rule over our lives.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Thanks for that .

You're welcome

I skimmed through those documents and they sound all peachy and wonderfully pleasant. Maybe we are over reacting a tad and they aren't really a bunch of eco-Nazi's who will rule over our lives.

This is not about ecology. It's about controlling the economy.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

I know but they sounded real sweet and helpful. They didn't say they were going to take our money. They are just going to stand by us and gently guide us to a more eco-friendly existence.

Can you point out anywhere in those documents where they say they are going to force us to do anything or where UNEP or the UN has any power over how we treat the environment.

From what I read, I could stand in my backyard burning a 55 gallon drum of oil 24/7/365 and UNEP couldn't do a damn thing about it other than roast marshmallows with me, whine in my ear about what I am doing to the environment, and ask me to take a class on better ways to create a marshmallow roasting fire.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I don't think any treaty is going to get signed in Copenhagen. Even if it does the treaty still has to pass the Senate, and I think the house. So there really isn't anything to worry about.

The other thing about it is that I think they are just going to get an outline together because China and India aren't with the whole AGW thing. So they are pretty much going to Copenhagen to stroke their ego's while most of the world is laughing at them.

I think Obama is only going to say, "America is going to reduce emissions to X by X, blah blah blah". Then the EPA will try to backdoor the Cap and Tax regulations because the bill won't pass, then the EPA will be taken to court and the courts will find the EPA doesn't have the authority to implement taxes.

There really isn't anything to worry about, Yet. Not only that but by this time next year the fraud of AGW will be fully exposed.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Yeah ooooh nooo, moral authority... Something to scare every egocentric, paranoid, antisocial american outthere.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by JustAThought]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I say no to the copenhagen treaty, not that that'll do any good on account of the fact the polititions dont give a damn what the people think, which makes me furious, what makes me even angrier is that people themselves dont care, as long as they dont have to feel guilty about the environment and as long as they have their favourite TV show they dont give a damn.

In australia our prime minister has not even addressed what is involved in the copenhagen treaty since april, its no wonder people dont care.
They barely know anything about what is happening.

Most people think an emmissons tax will be benificial, that somehow taxing people will help the environment.
Its insane.

new topics

top topics

join