It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isn't it amazing how time goes by so fast.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Not sure if this is for everyone, but today i was just pondering how long its been since i watched football, while living here in uk. I gave up watching the epl(english premier league), in 2002. I still watch occasional champions league games.

But i was just thinking, man how quick time has gone by, it seems like only yesterday that i watched epl, like most all the time. But i was thinking today, man its been 7 and a half years, since i gave up caring for this league and watching it.

Do you guys have things like that and often ponder how quick time flies, after you gave up watching stuff or doing something.

Also about that time i gave up watching all tv. But its the football that resonates most with me.

Just amazing, how quickly it goes, and none of the memories that normal people have watching all those games. I have none of those memories, and none of those moments i shared in. Like if i watch footie today, i am like, who the feck is that player, lol.

Anyone else do this in there life, and i am sure this is right thread as its about perception of time, and how we relate to the world we are in, while time rushes by, lol.

Thoughts....

[edit on 12/1/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Clean the insides of septic tanks.

You´ll be amazed how slow time goes by.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by fockewulf190

lol.

Those with jobs should be grateful.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I work regular 12 hour nights and my wife works days . Our perception of time and how quickly/slowly it passes is completely different for the both of us .

For example . When i'm asleep and she is at work , time for me appears to pass quicker .

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by fockewulf190

Perhaps if it were your last act on Earth and you knew it , you would savour every moment ,& it would pass all too quickly .

Treat every moment as if it were your last is an expression that may be a bit cliqued , but there is a life changing substance to it.

Which for the life of me, i can`t remain aware of for more than a few minutes at a time ....... too many distractions vying for my attention.

========

========

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
That is exactly what I asked my friends and family some time ago. Weeks are pasing by as if they were only a few days long. Now must I confess that I watch more movies and two days of the week I am intensely occupied with some CAD-drawings. That will help to have a faster time perception.

But those are not the only reasons why it seems to me that years seem to go by faster and faster. I have an electronic clock on my desk and is radio-controlled. When I look at the seconds pass by I have the idea that they are a fraction faster as I can remember watching it when I was younger. It is a bit difficult to explain but watching seconds on a digital clock gives me the impression that the switching of the numbers was more 'relaxed' a few years ago.

Yeah I know,.......impossible.....but than again would we notice if all the atoms are vibrating just a little faster. And the Earth and everything in the universe is moving relatively and with the same proportion a lttle faster? I am not a physisist so I wouldn't know if that would make a difference anyway....just a thought.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Damn straight this is a good idea for a thread Andy. I can say forty five minutes on this computer seems like five. I came on last night around seven thirty. After messing around with my avatar for awhile, I checked a couple things on ATS, posted a thread, looked up, it was four thirty in the morning. This isn't just a good idea for a thread.It was right on the numbers for me. SnF

new topics

top topics

join