It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jessie Ventura Speaks Out on CNN....I loves This Guy!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I enjoyed Ventura's show last night about HAARP. I liked how he just walked up to the gate and asked to come in! I never knew he was a Navy Seal. That raises my opinion of him a lot.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Ugh, I get it. The draft would make everyone against the wars. But really, starting up the draft to send kids to die in senseless wars wouldn't be the best idea to change minds.

I get it, very clever. Awesome. But in reality, it's a stupid idea.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

The mongols mc was formed by Nam vets in the late 60's, and like i said before, back then they were nowhere near as murderous as they are now. In the 50's and 60's, and even long before that it was common for young rebellious men to run with gangs and packs. But back then, they usually settled their differences with rumbles, not assassinations and murder like they do now. I told you i did not doubt he was involved in fights with rival gangmembers, and I'm well aware that prospects act as mules. But again, back then the drug trade wasn't the same as it is now, meth didn't even exist as it does today which was one of the things that led to the increase in brutality, IMO. Sure, they were probably involved in some drug trafficking, but our last 3 presidents have had pasts involving drug use. I doubt Ventura would shy away from any questions you would want to ask though, so if he does run in 2012 ask away. Your vote is yours to do with what you feel is best.

To me personally, it almost seems you're trying to discredit him, using the same tired political smear tactics that people are sick of. To say "in the end it all comes down to trading one set of criminals for another" or "the vice he is hiding is probably worse than you can imagine", based on his associations and actions 40 years ago while pretending to actually consider him, is dishonest and is smearing in my book. I can imagine much worse vices than fighting men who challenge you, or drug trafficking. It's obvious he's moved away from that lifestyle, unless you're saying his plan is to implement some secret 'mongol agenda'. In my book, anything not involving rape, murder, or violence against innocents can be forgiven after 40 years. To me, it seems he's ready to take a stand against the real criminals, who do hide worse vices than i can imagine, and are responsible for insane amounts of death, destruction, and theft...more than any mc could ever dream to achieve.

Check out this book...

books.google.com... =en&ei=YvQXS7rdHZKYtgfe6aHYAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=10&ved=0CCgQ6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Law enforcement investigators state that they were involved in "small-time" criminal activities, bar fights, small time drug dealing, and occasionally possession of a firearm. Also, some say he wasn't even a full fledged member, since he doesnt have any ink representing the club. His past is all laid out in that book, if you really want to know about it. It's pretty obvious he was not an assassin for the club since he ran with for a short time and while still enlisted, and his superiors weren't very concerned about it. It actually states directly that he didn't personally break any laws because he was still in the military and would have to face both military and civilian justice. If you're seriously concerned about his past, read the sample of the book on that link.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Ugh, I get it. The draft would make everyone against the wars. But really, starting up the draft to send kids to die in senseless wars wouldn't be the best idea to change minds.

Um, kids are being sent to die in senseless wars now. Sure, they signed up, but they did so with the intent to defend this country, not play security guard in hell to make ensure a few CEO's get their billions. Our government has been highjacked by them, and americans are FAR too selfish to care as long as it isn't their kids being sent to die, or their money (directly) being used to pay for it. You seem to be one of those selfish individuals, let somebody else's kid die, who signed up and took an oath to defend you. We enable those crooks with our apathy, and the ONLY way that would change, would be if they wanted to send mine and your kids to die for the CEO's. I guarantee that people would take up arms against the crooks if that ever happened, but right now it's too easy to say "they signed up, they knew what they were getting into". Which isn't really true, they're too young and fresh out of government run school to question the government.

It was more of a point he was trying to make, than an actual policy he would implement if he were president, because NO kids would be sent of to die in senseless wars, IMO.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Trust me, I really do understand. It really is easy for most Americans to live their lives and not worry about what our soldiers are doing in the Middle East. If the draft began once again, then we'd worry not just because we might be sent right over there, but because our friends and loved ones are being forced over to Afghanistan to kill or to die. Right now it's a volunteer force. Do they know what they sign up for? Yes, they do. It's kind of like when you sign up to be a police officer, you know the risk. A soldier knows the risks. I just wish they weren't stuck in a two wars based on lies right now, but they are. And a draft would only make things worse IMO.

Vietnam destroyed the Democratic Party, and right now I think Afghanistan might do the same for today's Party. Iraq destroyed Republicans, now let Afghanistan destroy Democrats. (I could be wrong though)

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Do they know what they sign up for? Yes, they do. It's kind of like when you sign up to be a police officer, you know the risk. A soldier knows the risks.

Did you make well thought out decisions when you were 18? IMO, 21 should be the legal age to join the service, not 18. Like i said, they don't really know what they are signing up for, even if they say they do. They're freaking kids. Also like i said, i don't believe the draft or war tax are policies jesse would implement if he were president. It was a point he was making.

About the varied wars destroying the dems and republicans, they are the same thing. That's the trick. They all work together to implement these policies, and pretend to disagree with each other along the way, so when the people are angry about the failure, they vote for the other party, but the same people effectively retain power behind the scenes.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

When I ran the annealing furnaces at a major tool factory we had to keep steel in the ovens for 14 hours to soften plier parts about as big around as my little finger. How long did those tower fires last anyway? Have you ever tried to MELT steel with kerosene? Burning jet fuel does not reach the same temperature in the open that it does in an operating jet engine where it is being force fed compressed air to energize it. For the steel to soften, something else had to be going on there. Other than furniture and plastic cubicles burning of course, because they do not melt steel either.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Haha
Jesse is effing brilliant.
He speaks the truth. There is no faffing about. He is a real threat to the 'Bilderbergers' if he runs for President.

Go Jesse, if he runs for President, everybody should vote for this man.

Definitely something about this guy, he's got a lot of power to make some change. It's refreshing to have Jesse out there fighting all the BS we're meant to believe.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by IrnBruFiend]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Anyone have a link to the video of the show?
Can't seem to find one yet.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by xEphon]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Thank you for the link to that book. I had not seen that in my searches. It doesn't completely assuage my concerns, however it does make me think of things differently.

I do not mean to directly "smear" Mr. Ventura. I simply mean to say that people should exercise caution less they fall into the cult of personality. The Mongols may not have been what they are now. That does not change the fact that they were engaged in illegal activity and a turf war that cost lives. If Jesse managed to keep his activities to bar fights and such I have no problem with it. If he was trafficking hard core drugs (coke, '___', etc...), guns, or people, I would be less likely to vote for him.

Everybody should check the background of the candidates a lot more closely. If we knew their history we might keep some of the worst out of office. We might not have drunken murderers held up as saints upon there death.

My statement about a man without vice was not intended as a hit at Ventura. It was more a general statement about people in general. The exact statement was...

I'm not looking for some moral ideal. I know everybody has secrets, vices, and failures. I understand human nature. I believe a man without vice is a man not to be trusted. The vice he is hiding is probably worse than you can imagine.

In other words I don't trust people who say they are without sin or blemish. Everyone is dirty in some way. If they aren't there is something simmering or lurking that I don't want to see manifested.

You did give me another perspective however, and I will keep it in mind if the need for it arises.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by MikeNice81]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81
If he managed to keep it to bar fights and such I have no problem with it. If he was trafficking hard core drugs (coke, '___', etc...), guns, or people, I would be less likely to vote for him.

Well, in the book it clearly states "he was very careful not to get mixed up with the law, even in small ways" and he himself states "i didn't break the law when i was a biker". I don't think he's a liar, the book goes on to say "as is typical of jesse ventura's entire career, there is alot of bluster about his biker days, but underneath it, there was a strong foundation of caution and good sense". It also goes on to say that he only rode with them for a couple months after he was discharged, but looked around him and realized it was a dead end lifestyle, and went back to minnesota to go to college. That's not the path of a hardcore criminal at all. It also says what i stated before, that it was a good thing he got out when he did, because in the following years things heated up and they got much more violent and actually started killing each other.

I'm glad though that you're open to perspective change.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

It doesn't strengthen my desire to see him lead the country however. To me it is not a sign that he was walked the life most people have. There is a reason these clubs are called one percenters.

Just wanted to come back to this part of your post. I see it as he has even (briefly) walked in the shoes of a one percent minority, among so many other shoes. When he left the biker lifestyle and went to college, he joined the football team, and also took theater classes. Of course later he became a pro wrestler/ announcer, then a professional actor, then a governor, etc. So, he was an elite soldier, briefly a rebel, an athlete, an artist, a politician who actually cares about the people, and now he surfs. Who can't find something in common with the man? Unlike the rest of our politicians, he's not some ivy league elitist born with a silver spoon in his mouth, able to be bullied by lobbyists and special interests. If anybody has the sack to stand up to them and do what's right, it's Ventura, IMO.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ARNOMANNN

Living in MN I watched his antics up close and personal. He never lied, (as far as I know), and he ended with a ballanced budjet. He was a damn good govenor. As a fellow member of the Independace Party, I'd vote for him in a moment. What you see is what you get. He's blunt and somtimes what he says is a bit off color. But I have never known an elected guy (or gal) who has done more good just by being there. With Ventura you know your getting the best. (as always, forgive spelling)

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Good governor. A moon bat that the crazies on this website would like. One of the retarded 9/11 Troofers. Was in the UDT before it became the SEALs and he passed BUDs. He was never involved in combat.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by eikmun
He was never involved in combat.

Are SEALs, or UDTs as they were in the 70's, able to disclose and speak about their missions after the fact? Seems to me, if he did see combat, he wouldn't be able to confirm or deny it. I don't think you truly have any idea what he did while he was in the service, nor should you unless you have the clearance. As for the members of ATS likeing "moon bats", seems you're a member here yourself, judging by your membership here.

Here's a good example of UDTs missions back then being highly classified....

Martin, who was a chief warrant officer at the time of the mission, was recognized for his courage, bold leadership and loyal devotion to duty during Operation Thunderhead in 1972.

The details of the once highly classified mission of Operation Thunderhead only came to light in recent years, prompting the presentation of awards to those involved. The plan was to rescue two American prisoners of war who were attempting to escape a North Vietnamese prison in Hanoi and flee to the coast along a nearby river. Martin was a member of Alpha Platoon, part of an Underwater Demolition Team (UDT) SEAL element that was charged with the mission.
www.navy.mil...

Ventura was awarded a National Defense Service Medal and a Vietnam Service Medal. Any combat he would have seen is probably classified, like the mission example above. Whether he saw combat or not, he served with honor.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

How long did Vietnam last with a draft? Let us not forget the two World Wars, Korea, intervention in the Philippines, South America, and other places. Conscription hasn't had much of a dampening effect on war in all honesty.

As much as I appreciated Jesse's reasoning, this is a very good point. Maybe people don't truly care until it hits REALLY close to home. The US armed forces as of today don't even get above 1 million, while the total population is in the hundreds of millions.

So that's not even 1/100, not hard to find 80 people unrelated to that 1 who has to serve to vote YES to the war, or war-monger representatives/status quo.

In fact I bet "they" know a good estimate of the ratio they need, in a democracy. The ratio of active servicemembers to total population, in order to keep the majority from caring. It really is otherwise stupid to have people serving 5th and 6th tours of duty. Maybe this magic number has something to do with that? Once you involve about 10%, their families could get more outspoken and it could snowball, but keep a very small % truly involved in the wars, and there is never enough media attention. Quite sadly, "democracy at it's finest"

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurotachi
reply to post by RRokkyy

i honestly do not think the north american union would be a bad idea... it could not make things worse then the already are honestly...

I'm sorry I mentioned it.

Have a nice day.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
It's hard not to respect the guy, at least for his accomplishments. Let's see how he handles the 911 conspiracies in his next show. I suspect he will be very skeptical about it, but maybe not.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It's too bad He wouldn't go to coppenhagen. I think it would be a hoot to see him there!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join