It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jessie Ventura Speaks Out on CNN....I loves This Guy!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
He also said that every congressman would have to send someone from his or her family into wars they voted yes to. That alone may have stopped Iraq from ever going through, when you realize that none of the hijackers or terrorist were Iraqis.

The cost of these wars is well over $10,000 per household. If the government was honest and said it would be so costly, if every family in the U.S. had to physically cough that up, they would never support these wars without more thought.

In truth most all the people who want to act tough and all pro-war are people who are not lifting a finger towards it. The ones who have family on duty and the ones who actually go are MUCH more somber about the whole thing.

Now you also have the Vietnam Vets and WWII vets. Of course if you talk to someone who was on the actual frontlines they again are rather somber, and usually anti-war. Talk to the people who were in support roles, who are well taken care of behind the front lines and never face danger, they think everyone should have to serve because of their inconvenience, which they were well compensated for and never in danger during. Manufactured misery loves company, true misery does not.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dirtydog
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Lets see here did you or did you not call Jessie a douchebag.
Cant have it both ways, whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

I guess you should practice what you preach. Also should point out that my post does not reflect one way or another about the draft, be it pro or con. Reading comprehension is lacking on a lot of posts these days.

Oh one final thought here, I do have the right to insult some one if I so choose, its called freedom of speech.

[edit on 12/2/2009 by dirtydog]

I'm glad you can practice your rights to insult others for their opinions on the safety of our men and women. Now let's see you practice maturity. Don't insult others because they disagree with your opinions, it really shows how you handle debates...and right now, it's not looking too good. Thanks.

Bottom line: A draft to fight in a war against a country that poses no threat to us isn't the most logical idea. Just saying.

I think it's insane for Mr. Former Pro Wrestler to suggest such a plan but don't think I don't support him on other subjects. I'm really interested in seeing his show and see what he comes up with.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Bottom line: A draft to fight in a war against a country that poses no threat to us isn't the most logical idea. Just saying.

I think it's insane for Mr. Former Pro Wrestler to suggest such a plan but don't think I don't support him on other subjects. I'm really interested in seeing his show and see what he comes up with.

Are you really not understanding his reasoning behind that suggestion??

I don't want to type it all out again, so i'll quote myself from the last page...

Seems many people are missing the point of the war tax and the draft completely. Those things would make the public think twice, even three times, before blindly supporting an unnecessary war and letting our government do whatever while we sit on our @sses watching TV. It would take alot more than a little fear mongering and "what ifs" to get people to break out their own wallets, and allow their own children to be shipped off, instead of just blindly accepting it when our lawmakers are bribed to send our brave volunteer soldiers on multiple tours to die for corporate $$ interests. I see the reasoning very clearly, it's to prevent wars to secure the profits of a few filthy rich crooks. I also LOVE the idea of forcing lawmakers who vote for war, to send somebody in THEIR family.

You see, if you're against the wars, which you say you are, then you'll understand why that would be the best way to end it. Otherwise, not enough people give a crap to stop our out of control government and their corporate masters. What he is proposing, would END unecessary wars. Isn't that the goal?

Jesse made it very clear what he wanted to do, bring our troops home, and you called him a "douchebag" because you disagree with him, but just called out a poster for doing the same thing. Jesse believes those wars are wrong as well, and made that VERY clear. Think about it a little bit.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I like Him, i didnt however watch mondaynight raw (Because i dont watch that crap) but i did however hear what he said about John Cena, and what he said was the absolute truth, and its a truth ive known since Cena was fist in WWE, I also saw and was disgusted by the audience's reaction to the Truth he spoke, if you havnt seen that part, you really should, it really says a lot about so called wrestling and the fans of this socalled wrestling.

WWE and all those other 'wrest;ing' organizations on TV are all the same, its Brainwashing, Subliminal Messaging, and perversion. And get this, it works, because over 10,million people are sucked in by this crap. In my Opinion WWE (and others) Are a Conspiracy! And i Think Jesse should expose it for what it is, i think thats another reason why he was on WWE that night. Stupid people (like those in the audience) didnt realise it, but people w/ commonsense and brains could see the Truth behind Jesse's appearance and the words he spoke. I really do hope he runs for President, its what the world needs. And is it just me, or are all Wrestling fans a bunch of racist, sexist, brainwashed idiots these days?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyxquarra Xxxendra HoTTch
And is it just me, or are all Wrestling fans a bunch of racist, sexist, brainwashed idiots these days?

I haven't watched wrestling since i was kid, back when it was hulk hogan, andre the giant, jake the snake, etc. I remember jesse ventura always ripping on mean jean, lol. Hogan was a good role model, if i remember correctly, but it went down hill as time went on, like everything else.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Looking forward to more Jesse.

I wonder how Ted T is going to react to the MSM giving him heat for Jesse's openness?

How long before he is shut down?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
How long did Vietnam last with a draft? Let us not forget the two World Wars, Korea, intervention in the Philippines, South America, and other places. Conscription hasn't had much of a dampening effect on war in all honesty.

With that said, It is a long way from Mongols MC full patch to becoming Governor. If nothing else we know he is ambitious, and hard to scare. However, don't get a thrill up your leg over his supposed ethics. He was a known member of a criminal organization that has been linked to murder, gun running, extortion, drug running, and interstate theft of motorcycles.

Everyone has a past but he would really have to undergo a thorough grilling, regarding the Mongols, for me to be comfortable.

From Wikipedia

In 1973, Ventura was a full-patch member of the San Diego chapter of the Mongols, a one-percenter motorcycle gang and organized crime syndicate for nine months, and rose to the rank of Sergeant-at-Arms. His nickname by Mongol members was "Superman". Ventura has said on The Howard Stern Show in 2009 "once you're a Mongol, you're always a Mongol."[6][7]

Now, if he was really Sergeant-at-Arms that is disturbing. In many clubs the SAA is responsible for maintaining the security, and image of the club. He makes sure that others don't disrespect or threaten the club. If anyone does the SAA is responsible for ensuring that "justice" is served. They also ensure the supply of weapons for the club in case of a "war. "

Recent Mongol Exploits

For more information on the Mongols read Steve Queen's "Under and Alone."

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

I'm sure many of our founding fathers had shady pasts as well. I still support him, maybe even more so than ever. His life experiences are so wide ranging that he can relate to everybody. I'd rather his kind lead than a cokehead frat boy. He was likely very young when he was a Mongol back in 1973, and he obviously has a rebellious nature so it's not a big shock. I'm sure if he was a SAA, it was because he is who he is, a bad mofo. But it's also clear that he saw the err of that lifestyle, and redirected his strength and courage to become a navy SEAL. Undisciplined criminals and thugs don't make it through BUDS.

Maybe you're looking for somebody who fits the same idealistic, and completely fake moral mold that our current politicians pretend to fit, i don't know. But again, it only strengthens my support for the man to lead this country. A man who has walked in almost ALL of our shoes, and has personally kicked ass in so many different arenas. That's change i'm ready for. It seems like you're insinuating Ventura is a murderer, and while i don't doubt he's been in some fights, not EVERY biker is a murderer, or kills people, in fact very few do. I can say this from personal experience, having grown up right in the middle of the biker culture.

The article you linked is about recent Mongol expoits. Almost all gangs that have been around that long have evolved, and become more violent with the times.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

No.
The tremendous weight of the upper floors caused a cascading
collapse of the entire building. You should also know that the
WTC was built around 1968. It really wasn't built very well.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Have you heard that Al-Qaeda is waiting patiently for us to
rebuild the WTC so they can blow it up again will a small
nuclear bomb. We know that. That is why we are dragging our
feet rebuilding it.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Jesse Ventura would have a snowballs chance in Hell of getting elected president any more than Ross Perot or Ron Paul did. These people can't be controlled like our current and a lot of our past presidents were. IMHO

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I don't have anything invested in that explosives theory. I believe though the government knew it was coming based on the facts that there were documented high level warnings that were ignored, and that the administration was looking for justification to pursue aggressive policy in the middle east and se asia.

I don't doubt groups like AQ exist, nor that they fantasize about hitting us again. But i highly doubt they can obtain and maintain nuclear weapons. Either way, it's not a job for the regular military, it's a job for special forces to take them out, IMO. Surgically, with little to no civilian casualties. It can be done, but we're there to secure corporate interests, not to fight AQ. That's why they want the numbers of regular army, to act like security guards for contractors and such.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ch1ldofthe70s
Having Ventura as POTUS would be awesome. He would be the first no nonsense POTUS in decades. I get the impression his tactics would be parallel to FDR or Harry Truman when it comes to dealing with war. Could be what this nation needs. Hell I would vote for Ventura for POTUS myself.

Any ATSers up for starting a petition to send to ol Jessie showing support for him to run for POTUS?

[edit on 2-12-2009 by ch1ldofthe70s]

Count me in. The Body Ventura was always my fave wrestler back in the day, and he intrigued me during his political tenure.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by MikeNice81

I'm sure many of our founding fathers had shady pasts as well. I still support him, maybe even more so than ever. His life experiences are so wide ranging that he can relate to everybody. I'd rather his kind lead than a cokehead frat boy. He was likely very young when he was a Mongol back in 1973, and he obviously has a rebellious nature so it's not a big shock. I'm sure if he was a SAA, it was because he is who he is, a bad mofo. But it's also clear that he saw the err of that lifestyle, and redirected his strength and courage to become a navy SEAL. Undisciplined criminals and thugs don't make it through BUDS.

Maybe you're looking for somebody who fits the same idealistic, and completely fake moral mold that our current politicians pretend to fit, i don't know. But again, it only strengthens my support for the man to lead this country. A man who has walked in almost ALL of our shoes, and has personally kicked ass in so many different arenas. That's change i'm ready for. It seems like you're insinuating Ventura is a murderer, and while i don't doubt he's been in some fights, not EVERY biker is a murderer, or kills people, in fact very few do. I can say this from personal experience, having grown up right in the middle of the biker culture.

The article you linked is about recent Mongol expoits. Almost all gangs that have been around that long have evolved, and become more violent with the times.

I agree with what you are saying. Not all who walk certain paths are what they portend to be.

I also have had this experience (as I'm sure many here have had). I knew a couple of bikers from a chapter from Texas. He was an ex-girlfriends dad, and his friend was the SAA. They were pretty cool guys after getting to know them, and they had the same no-nonsense attitude as Ventura.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I am not implying that Ventura was a murderer. What I am saying is that he was a full patch member and a officer in the club. He had to have first had knowledge of what was occurring in and around the club. To become an officer in a one-percenter club and not engage in criminal activity is nearly impossible.

No matter how the club evolved over the years the Mongols have been known as one of the most violent "gangs" in all of America since their founding. Which happened to spark off a 17-year turf war with the Hells Angles. This Turf war was on going while Jesse Ventura was a full patch member.

Ventura became a hang around in '73 after returning from Vietnam as a SEAL. He was still a member of the US Navy when his association began. He went through the whole prospect phase, got his cut, and advanced to SAA during a bloody turf war with the Hells Angles. Believing he wasn't in any way aware of, or participating in, illegal activities is insane.

If you grew up in the culture tell me how many prospects you know that didn't do mule duty? How many SAAs do you know that haven't engaged in violence on behalf of the club? I can honestly say from what I've seen, stories I've heard from old timers (and independents), and what I've read in doing research, I would be surprised if you could honestly say one.

I'm not looking for some moral ideal. I know everybody has secrets, vices, and failures. I understand human nature. I believe a man without vice is a man not to be trusted. The vice he is hiding is probably worse than you can imagine.

I just believe that Jesse needs to come clean on the subject if he wants to be president. The same way people should have to come clean about earning their money through boot legging, cooperating with Nazis, renting out closed military bases, and so on and so forth.

In the end it all comes down to trading one set of criminals for another. It doesn't strengthen my desire to see him lead the country however. To me it is not a sign that he was walked the life most people have. There is a reason these clubs are called one percenters. They take pride in living outside of the society the other 99% of us consider civilized and humane. (I know the Hollister riot and response origin of the term.) Then he was a wrestler and an actor. Can you tell me how that is anything like the life 90% of Americans live?

I am ready for someone with he back bone to stand up and fight for the American people. However, I am not ready for a man who seems to be mostly testosterone and showman ship. He would have to answer a lot of tough questions for me to take him serious.

I must admit though, he is a better choice than Ted Nugent.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by divinetragedy79

I have been around a number of bikers and their associates. I am close with a guy that rode as an independent in the seventies. He rode with several clubs without ever taking colors. In fact he turned down the Angels and the Outlaws. He is one of the kindest and most generous people you will ever meet.

But, we need to avoid romanticizing these guys. A large percentage of bikers have an unhealthy apettite for booze, drugs, and violence. An even larger percentage are engaged in criminal activity. A lot of these guys feel shunned by society and have no problem striking back at it, stealing from it, and subverting social order.

That is why Jesse would have to answer some questions. I would want to know where he fell in the spectrum of bikers I've met and heard about.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by MikeNice81]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
larry king is a criminal...

Larry King Mugshot

[edit on 3-12-2009 by werk71]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dirtydog
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Lets see here did you or did you not call Jessie a douchebag.
Cant have it both ways, whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

I guess you should practice what you preach. Also should point out that my post does not reflect one way or another about the draft, be it pro or con. Reading comprehension is lacking on a lot of posts these days.

Oh one final thought here, I do have the right to insult some one if I so choose, its called freedom of speech.

I can't say it better than Kurt Vonnegut did...

"...profanity and obscenity entitle people who don't want unpleasant information to close their ears and eyes to you."
— Kurt Vonnegut (Hocus Pocus)

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
the guy is a complete moron....all these people speak on things that they don't have all the information on.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I thought the show was entertaining. I hope their investigative techniques evolve a bit for following shows. After the show Jessie was on streaming video answering web questions. I thought THAT section was AWESOME. Much better than the actual show because Jessie was answering just about any question. Conspiracies, economy, the current wars ongoing etc... I highly recommend viewing this extra feature after the next show.

For those that watched. Those young scientists they interviewed from HAARP were absolutely lying through their teeth. Stuttering, blinking like crazy, shifting eyes and avoiding eye contact. I loved the part when they asked them why the military was so heavily involved in the civilian 'research' project . The guy stuttered and backtracked for so long it became uncomfortable and funny.

The next show is on 911. Apparently there is going to be some very interesting questions posed. Jessie implicitly stated that we are duty bound as citizens to question the government. They work for us.

He also made a very interesting point about 911. There were WAY too many firsts that day. First time in history this .... and that...happened. Way too many firsts that day. Also said there is no way a plane hit the pentagon. No engines or aircraft debris, baggage, seats, etc.. The dozens of cameras filming the perimeter of the pentagon whose video of the incident have all been sequestered.

I will be watching the next show. It's pretty fun to see Jessie get in TPTB faces! I really like this guy. The streaming video Q&A after the show actually revealed Jessie is a well read smart guy.

Wednesdays at 10pm/E or 7pm/Pacific

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

i honestly do not think the north american union would be a bad idea... it could not make things worse then the already are honestly...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join