It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jessie Ventura Speaks Out on CNN....I loves This Guy!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
He said something once that he could not get on the ballot for each state, anyone know what that's about?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Bring back the draft? Start a war tax? Excuse me?

This guy is not a kook, he's a douchebag

Did you not understand the context in which he said it? His point was get a bigger out cry from the people against the war.
The average citizen isn't affected enough by this war to bring about a true rising up that needs to be done in hopes to get our troops home. I though he made himself quite clear that if people are hurt enough financially by the tax and fear being drafted themselves maybe then we will be moved to fill the streets in protest like they did over Vietnam.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by calstorm]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
this guy seems too good to be true

lets hope

lets see his show .. it should be good!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
He's asking the questions which are on a lot of Americans lips and has a legitimate enough background to have been in a variety of places and not put up with crap.

He's a god-damn sexual tyrannosaurus; just like me.

-m0r

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Truth to power beeyotches!! Go Jesse, kick 'em where it hurts - the facts.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I wish someone would convince Jesse to run for President. I'd vote for him in a heartbeat, and I'm sure millions of other Americans would too. This country is on fire for someone like him. He would definitely bring some (or at least try) REAL CHANGE.

I'm sure the grass roots would catch on fire if he seriously considered it. He would be able to raise some serious cash too; running not as a Dem or Repub, but as an Independent. We took our chance with George Bush, and Barack Obama - giving Jesse a try sure as hell wouldn't hurt.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I am all for a Draft, simply because it's necessary (Unfortunately), but I agree with the rest of what you stated. I used to respect Ventura, but he has truly gone off the deep end lately.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

Did you not understand the context in which he said it? His point was get a bigger out cry from the people against the war.
The average citizen isn't affected enough by this war to bring about a true rising up that needs to be done in hopes to get our troops home. I though he made himself quite clear that if people are hurt enough financially by the tax and fear being drafted themselves maybe then we will be moved to fill the streets in protest like they did over Vietnam.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by calstorm]

I would point out the very bulletins to you of why we need to fight OEF, but if you are a so called "Truther", then there is absolutely no hope of doing such.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
He is pushing his new TV show, i am sorry but he us an *** just trying to make money. If he really believed what he said would he be on the WWE last pimping his show?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

You have to learn to think non-linearly... by instituting a war tax and draft, it will make people at home feel the pain of the war in a direct way, which will cause the people at home to get angrier, and to do it more quickly, causing them to take more action to hold the government responsible.

You heard that Jesse is against all the war, but if there is going to be one, he is right in the fact that the whole country should feel the pressure, thereby limiting the duration of the war.

I do believe he is just thinking about the poor military people who signed up for the military as a way to have a job, and they end up getting sent off to war after war after war... he does have a point in that... plus, I do not think he was suggesting that as the PRIMARY thing that should be done, but only IF the congress and president are going to get the USA into wars, it shouldn't be just a small group of volunteers who go and fight it, lest the population just sit back and rest at ease...business as usual.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by drock905

he's still gotta get out there and let people know that the show is on. as if the network would let him NOT promote it. if you were to look up more of what he really believes you would see that your post is ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
i love this guy

the wrestler in him will always shine through

he is a great public speaker , hes intelligent, fast thinking, and knows how to keep you entertained and interested

when he 1st spoke about the draft in the 1st video he caught me off guard, then pulled right through to make a terrific point, while still being against the war

he is a genius, with his public speaking skills and todays political climate, i could honestly see him beating obama in the next election if he did the right campaign

Ventura for president

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
hehe too bad he didnt pick Larry King up and body slam him. might knock some sense into him.. or not.

Good to see people speaking out more and more, Lets see how far he goes with his show. I hope this isnt another disinfo agent capitalizing on the rising dissent being expressed by the general populace. Hope he doesnt turn into Alex Jones.

Time will tell i suppose.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

That's kind of scary in my opinion. The average WWE fan is not exactly the most independent, rational thinking member of society that's for sure.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ARNOMANNN

larry king had never heard of a conspiracy regarding 9/11?

and i agree with someone else here..he looked VERY uncomfortable talking about these things..no wonder..ive found out just how controlled these media corporations really are recently..in my case the bbc...i always liked larry king though as a presenter...but he MUST be lying about not knowing whats dubious about the official 9/11 theory...

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ch1ldofthe70s
Having Ventura as POTUS would be awesome. He would be the first no nonsense POTUS in decades. I get the impression his tactics would be parallel to FDR or Harry Truman when it comes to dealing with war. Could be what this nation needs. Hell I would vote for Ventura for POTUS myself.

Any ATSers up for starting a petition to send to ol Jessie showing support for him to run for POTUS?

[edit on 2-12-2009 by ch1ldofthe70s]

I'd be in.
This is a guy who knows what combat and military service is all about.
Someone who would never ask anyone to do something he wouldnt be willing to do himself. Also someone who makes WAY WAY too much sense with all the other issues at hand. All that and he has no fear of anyone and cant be bought.

This is leadership I could respect.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JackWestJr

Hi mate,try tru tv.com for the show. I think its going to be on there.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manwin
I wish someone would convince Jesse to run for President. I'd vote for him in a heartbeat, and I'm sure millions of other Americans would too. This country is on fire for someone like him. He would definitely bring some (or at least try) REAL CHANGE.

I'm sure the grass roots would catch on fire if he seriously considered it. He would be able to raise some serious cash too; running not as a Dem or Repub, but as an Independent. We took our chance with George Bush, and Barack Obama - giving Jesse a try sure as hell wouldn't hurt.

I am reminded of President Camacho from Idiocracy...

Maybe a little action and honesty is needed...a little passion...

\

This would be a change..!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy
Jesse Ventura is for the NAU:North American Union of the US , Canada and Mexico.

So what? We're already the United States of Mexico. No offense to any Mexicans out there, but maybe if their country wasn't such a crap hole, then they would return to it. Again, I mean no offense because I know they are here to get a better life.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Liars will compel, dazzle you and tell you everything you wish to hear.

Honest people will say what you don't want to hear.

And I don't want a draft.

I'll spare this man a cookie

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join