It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Security Cam" filmed the biggest disc from "Krasne Brezno in Czech Republic"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I looked at the object many times under different levels of zoom. I think that it fairly well flows with the prevailing wind.

I'd guess that it is a material object of some sort that is adrift on the wind. The only thing that really gives me pause is the appearance that it moves in an arc toward the camera and then away. That could still happen with an object drifting in the wind, and the appearance of an arc-like motion could be accentuated by the time-lapse, however when it breaks it down into frames at the end of the video, it still appears to me that it moves in an arc.

Interesting!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I don't know about this one.
It reminds me of a past thread.
White UFO filmed in HD

The video had music, and was clearly tampered with after the fact.
That cut the credibility down quite a bit for me.
Why would one put music to a UFO tape, it's EVIDENCE, you don't tamper with evidence.
Even though, despite the presentation of the video, I can't prove it isn't genuine.

And I must say, I'm not fully convinced it's a cloud.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

We don't really know what the time lapse rate for either video is so comparing the apparent speeds is kind of pointless but it does appear that the I video posted is faster than the one in the OP, judging by the movement of the Sun.

The rates at which clouds change their shape is extremely variable and depends entirely on the atmospheric conditions. Some clouds can hold shape for tens of minutes (hours in the case of lenticularus) some form and completely disappear in a few minutes.

The effect of wind on clouds also depends on a variety of factors. The type of cloud and the amount of windshear for example. There is no particular reason for a stable cloud in a stable wind layer to be "dissolved" no matter how strong the wind is.

The video I posted was a direct response to a statement about clouds not moving in different directions. The video demonstrates quite clearly that this does occur.

BTW, I don't recall saying this is a cloud either. The video is of such low quality that it's impossible to identify the object as anything. I've been merely commenting on the behavior of clouds, something I'm pretty well versed in and I don't see anything that rules a cloud out.

[edit on 12/1/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

[edit on 12/1/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

You forgot to edit again to add info about the foos and Germany.

Actually, is there ever any reason to edit your post at all because it doesn't change in what the hell you are talking about.

Actually, you should just type out your best nonsense on word or notepad and save it onto your desktop so it is readily available so you can copy and paste it onto every response to every single thread you add to. It would save you so much time. Think about it. How many posts have you put on ATS and the amount of time it take you to type them throughout the years.

Now that I've thought about it, I think you are already doing that.

As far as the OP, Cool looking video. Looks like a cloud was my original reaction. Hell, at least we have maybe a authentic video to look at anyway.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
the time lapse makes it a little hard to analyze
but the path at which the object travels is very different from the path that the could and wind are moving;
and it is too big to be an airplane....

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

That effect can be done by adding a semi transparent layer of the source video over the added CGI
I use it myself quite often.

Not sure what this is though, there's not really enough of it to see whats going on. Its moving twice as fast as the clouds.

One thing worth noting is the so called security video is not time coded. theres no digits indicating the time and date on the screen. It might not be real security footage. Also how many security cams do you know that point into the sky? Most are covering an entrance to the building they are supposed to be protecting. This is starting to look dodgy to me ..

[edit on 1-12-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I am pretty sure it is just a cloud.

A) It may only be an illusion that it is going faster than the other clouds because it is closer to the camera. Two objects going the same speed viewed from different distances creates the illusion that the closer one is going faster than the further one.

Ex: Create a peace sign with two of your fingers and place them in front of you so that one finger is behind the other. Move them from left to right, or right to left, and the finger closer to you will seem to be moving faster.

B) It's not exactly going in an opposite direction like some claim. It is almost going in the same direction. Even if you look at the last few frames of the video the object appears to change to the same direction as the rest of the clouds.

Even then, clouds can go different directions at different altitudes:

Look at 0:42 in the video:

I'm pretty sure that if you slowed the video down to normal speed that the UFO would be sitting in the sky just as long as the clouds, and more people would have seen it and maybe filmed it.

This wouldn't be the first time a cloud looked like a UFO to people.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well, the thread got on the topic of clouds. I know what you were responding too, but the way in which you replied appeared as though you were attempting to conclusively identify this object. My mistake.

None the less, this is an interesting bit of phenomenon. I figured this object had to have been moving at a naturally slower pace. So if this was something artificial, it was moving extremely slow, and it was pretty big. If not artificial that leaves natural object, likely a rare form of cloud with unusual density and movement, or an attempted hoax.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
Its moving twice as fast as the clouds.

That's exactly the point isn't it? Around twice as fast as a cloud ain't fast - the point is it's time lapse and this "disc" would be moving slower than hell in normal viewing.

That said, I think we'd have a major report of a large disc moving relatively slow over that area.

I haven't seen a word about it. The notion that it's time lapsed kinda tells the tale all by itself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join