It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldman Sachs Bankers Buy Guns To Defend Against "Populist Uprising"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I don't see them arming themselves... they wouldn't take the time to attend training classes or bother with concealed carry permits... not where their much to busy watching stock tickers...

Hiring a body guard is more their speed and with luck that big bouncer type they hire will be one of those disgruntled foreclosed upon former home owners looking for payback...

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ARNOMANNN

Buying guns? that is a joke right because with all the billion dollars they have stolen from the tax payer in the name of "stimulus" they have plenty to hired mercenaries, (I mean security forces) to protect themselves.

How Nobel, guns. . .
, we the regular people buy guns this fat rats get mercenaries for hire.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Goldman Sachs Party Ban: No Gatherings of 12 or More

www.cnbc.com...

Starting tomorrow, Goldman Sachs employees aren’t allowed to gather in groups of 12 or more outside the office.

Goldman, if you recall, canceled its holiday party for a second year in a row — banker soirees being seen as somewhat bad form at time when it seems everybody else is standing in the unemployment line.

But, those crafty bankers found a way around the party prohibition: They started organizing small "dinners," often paid for by executives.

Determined to uphold its image of doing “God’s work,” as Lloyd Blankfein puts it, Goldman cracked the Christmas whip, sending a voicemail to employees a few weeks ago, instructing them to have no more private parties.

So, 10 lords a leaping, nine ladies dancing=totally OK. But if you see 12 bankers — they'd better be banking!

No word on what the punishment is for excessive festiveness."

F-ing Banksters. They must be getting some serious death threats. HA HA

Comes with the territory when you're doing "God's Work."

And to the point about hiring Mercs for personal protection. Would you realy want to surround yourself by people that kill for the highest bidder?

How quickly it could all end for them, but they're going to Banker Heaven otherwise known Hell. Like attracts Like.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wylee

But what do you expect, some people lost everything they have due to the recession, many have nothing to lose.

I mean look at the unemployment rates, If you have lost your American dream and find yourself destitute, your family gone and alone, looking at this people that help cause the financial crisis reaping million dollars bonuses while you are homeless, I guess desperation, anger and madness can take over.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Sorry guys but Im going to have to call BS on this news story. Specifically because of this line:

(snip)banker who applied to the local police for a permit to buy a pistol.

I finished my CCDW class last weekend. That is the only thing I had to get a permit for. I own an DPMS AR-15, an Century Arms Yugo AK-47 with an underfold stock and a Glock 30. I did not once have to apply for a permit for any of these firearms. The only permit I had to apply for was the Conceald to Carry Deadly Weapons permit...

There are alot of myths out there about firearm sales and this is one of them. In fact, most people think that when you buy a firearm and the FFL dealer calls in your info to the ATF, they regiser your gun. In fact, they do not. The ATF only gets your personel info to do a back ground check and then tells the FFL holder to either proceed with the gun sales or cancle the transaction. This is part of our 2nd ammendment rights. The ATF only knows you applied to purchase the gun, not what gun you are buying or even if you actually bought the gun after they gave the FFL dealer the ok to purchase it.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Permitting laws vary from state to state and in some states town to town.

Where I am now I do not need a permit for anything but concealed carry.

Where I once lived I couldnt even check out pistols in shops without having a state issued permit.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I believe in New York you have to apply to local authorities.

From wiki;

May-issue
A may-issue jurisdiction, within the context of gun law, is one that requires a permit to carry a concealed handgun, and where the granting of such permits is partially at the discretion of local authorities (frequently the sheriff's department or police): the law typically states that a granting authority may issue a permit if various criteria are met. A jurisdiction that is de jure a may-issue region may de facto range anywhere from no-issue to shall-issue.[16]
U.S. states such as California and New York give wide latitude to the county authorities in issuing permits.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by wylee

But what do you expect, some people lost everything they have due to the recession, many have nothing to lose.

I mean look at the unemployment rates, If you have lost your American dream and find yourself destitute, your family gone and alone, looking at this people that help cause the financial crisis reaping million dollars bonuses while you are homeless, I guess desperation, anger and madness can take over.

I don't blame the people at all. I'm part of those "people," anyone outside the financial district is one of those people.

They've been talking abunch smack too. Telling everyone thy're doing "God's Work."

Frigin Machiavellian Punks.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by wylee]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I must admit, I did not know that. I stand corrected. I thought federal law governed all firearms since the are regulated by the ATF. I checked on the ATF web site and you are correct. Though I feel that this constitutes as stifling our second amendment rights.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Frankly when you think of the numbers of peoples lives they destroyed, a number thar runs well into the millions... the odds of one of them bankers having a run in with a malcontent, gets higher and higher with each passing day,,, As for me if one of those gun welding psycho's needs bus fare to wallstreet ... I'll kick in $20 bucks

[edit on 2-12-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
We should gift them a cheap high capacity mag that jams!
Any brands for suggestion?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I hope they plan on buying at least 300 million BULLETS.

I can't wait till the general public goes after these criminals.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
To me, this was an interesting and telling part of the link in the OP

...talk of Goldman and guns plays right into the way Wall- Streeters like to think of themselves. Even those who were bailed out believe they are tough, macho Clint Eastwoods of the financial frontier, protecting the fistful of dollars in one hand with the Glock in the other. The last thing they want is to be so reasonably paid that the peasants have no interest in lynching them.

This is very true. I have had numerous dealings with these types over the years and their swaggering arrogance would be embarassing if they lacked their 9-figure phantom wealth. Get a few of these types drunk on top-shelf-scotch at some overpriced trendy Manhattan wattering hole and the talk they spew would embarass a five-year-old in a sandbox with his Han Solo action figure. These guys don't only want to be seen as rich -- they want to be seen as tough guys and cowboys on every level, including in terms of firearms, prowess with the ladies, and physical survival ability.

Their overbloated egos and senses of over-confidence will be their undoing, however, because I have discovered that many are physical cowards.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Stifling is putting it lightly.

Though always an infringement some state permitting laws are more "tolerable" than others. CT for example requires you take a safety class. Where NYC requires you be a millionaire or politician or friend of a politician.

Of course you could just be a criminal and not bother with any of it. A reality the pro-permitting croud chooses to ignore in favor of their artificial sense of safety.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I have to agree with Derby here,

Big bankers don't need guns, they all ready have guards, all of them do.

This article is just meant to make the public feel like the Banisters are feeling the squeeze, and this could not be further from the truth.

No one in Goldman gives a crap about whats going on. They are all toasting to being even bigger to fail.

No matter how mad we get, pitchforks and all and they would just sit back and laugh as we burned their own building down, they would already have the insurance company on the line as we did it.

You want to make a banker scared, cut up your credit cards.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Izarith]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
It's not unheard of for the rich to go crazy. Look at the movie Scarface. All that coc aine & stress builds up, tears your body apart, paranoia increases as you start questioning your guards' loyalty. Installing cameras everywhere (sound familiar?)

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I would have thought that Executive Elites, GoldmanSachs brokers/dealers under contract with GS would opt for the high-tech gadgets called TASERS.

i guess i out guessed myself,
there is a primal man inside these Masters of the Universe

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ARNOMANNN

What's great about all of this is that if the average New Yorker wants a firearm for self defense they cant get one.

The wait is over a year for the serfs and there is like a 95% denail rate for the little people while the scum get them right away because their criminal activities have put them in "danger"

We need to hang all of them.

Bankers are the scum of the earth and its a matter of time before they just shoot people in the head and get away with it.

Imagine store owners have been killed waiting for permits and these banker lowlifes snap their fingers and my old department just blushes like a little girl and hands them over.

Any NYPD reading this, I got to tell you that when one of these idiots get drunk or high on coke and shoots you in the head you will have nobody to blame but yourselves.

By the way, they wont go to jail after they shoot you, they will just pin it on someone else.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by samhouston1886

I quite agree!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join