It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Global Warming an excuse to relocate the population?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
So the thing is I was reading this Story By Wildcat where he suggested this is just an excuse for another removal of indigenous peoples...

I get angry when I think about global warming, or global burning, as I prefer to designate this world phenomenon. I get angry because I know the history of involuntary removals and relocations indigenous peoples throughout the United States and around the world have endured. So, when nearly a decade ago I began hearing the reports of what was beginning to manifest itself on the landscapes and seascapes of the circumpolar Arctic and banks of the Yukon River in Alaska, I got angry. Angry because I thought, Here we go again – another removal of indigenous peoples.

So what if hes right for a different reason. what if there is no global warming but now they have an excuse to relocate large numbers of the populace under the guise of it being in our own best interest? What if they needed an convent excuse to empty out Manhattan or London? seems to me this would work, wouldn't it?

[edit on 1-12-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
First, if you look at the other ice ages we have had in the history of Earth, it becomes quite obvious that global warming is not man-made.

Second, I don't think global warming is anything more than an easy way for governments to collect money for ridiculous projects. Anything and everything they can think of can be tied to the environment one way or another -- so the amount of money needed to combat said "global warming" is really endless and all-encompassing.

Third, they would never relocate people in areas affected by global warming. Unless, of course, you are referring to the possibility that coastlines in Florida (for example) may disappear in the next thirty years or so. Obviously, these people would need to be relocated. However, I can also assure you that they will not be provided an alternative living arrangement until their current property is completely submersed under water for quite some time.

Lastly, global warming affects everything. There are not enough places that remain unaffected to move people to -- plus, it would simply be passing the problem from one area to another if you buy into man-made global warming.

In short: Too many people to move, not enough places to move them.

join