It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo? I filmed in Kent UK 6pm today 01/12/09

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Ufo? I filmed in Kent UK 6pm today 01/12/09

Ufo? I filmed today 1/12/09 Kent UK Saw this bright light moving in the sky on its own against the wind grabbed my camcorder(sony dcr with 40x optical zoom) and started filming .Unfortunately forgot I had night shot on so the zoom just blurs it out.The time I realized I had left it on the object had disappeared. My first thought was Chinese lantern and maybe it was, but this object was on its own very very bright yellow not orange and traveling against the the northern breeze we have today.It was in Whitstable kent , did anybody else see it at 6pm today 1/12/09

[edit on 1-12-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
when was this? yesterday you filmed it? because today is the 1st and right now its 2:17 in KY

Is your cam a HC-52? It seems like it was you should have the nightshot off and bring up Manual Focus to full and adjust the contrast next, this is just what i have learned from messing with mine at night filming the moon and planes.

The object appears to be fairly low though not sure what it is

[edit on 1-12-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I can't see any movement in the video other than a white spot, which looks like the moon or possibly a satelight!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf 

its most definitely not the moon, my cam is 40X zoom as well and i can get a awesome shot of the moon with it

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
good find, regardless of what it is.

at the very least, if it's a fake, you didn't add cheesy dialogue and creepy music.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
when was this? yesterday you filmed it? because today is the 1st and right now its 2:17 in KY

Is your cam a HC-52? It seems like it was you should have the nightshot off and bring up Manual Focus to full and adjust the contrast next, this is just what i have learned from messing with mine at night filming the moon and planes.

I am in the UK its the 1st December here.It happened so fast saw the light grabbed the camcorder realised zoom was blurring because I had left it on night shot (where I was messing around with an infrared screw on filter lens a while back)too late.The wind is light here today but I am sure it was a northerly wind because of the way the clouds were moving.The object was heading north.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

What model is the cam?

Best at night if yours is a newer HC-52 or 62 with the lcd touchscreen is to manually adjust the focus to max and have the contrast pulled up for adjustment while shooting it makes a lot better picture. You don't get the halo/orb glow around the object, maybe that will help for further shooting, and sorry about the UK - KY thing doing 20 things at once lol

S&F for sharing the experience

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
good find, regardless of what it is.

at the very least, if it's a fake, you didn't add cheesy dialogue and creepy music.

I can assure you its not a fake.It was some distance away,close enought to know it was not a plane or helicopter but not sure 100% it was not a lantern.And when I first spotted it that was my first thought but it was very bright and more of a yellow to white light than the orange lights that other lanterns I have seen you tube vids look like.More than likely was one though.I could not be that lucky.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Was it a clear night? did you notice if the moon was visible when you saw that light.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

What model is the cam?

Best at night if yours is a newer HC-52 or 62 with the lcd touchscreen is to manually adjust the focus to max and have the contrast pulled up for adjustment while shooting it makes a lot better picture. You don't get the halo/orb glow around the object, maybe that will help for further shooting, and sorry about the UK - KY thing doing 20 things at once lol

S&F for sharing the experience

Its a sonyDCR-SR36 40 Optical zoom.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

nice cam, the same should apply to it at night time for a better picture

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I've been seeing a similar object here in Florida. I see them all the time though in my hometown (Birmingham, England). It was in the sky and moving very slowly and subtlely last Friday night and it's since disappeared. Possibly a UFO orb. Keep your eyes to the skies mates!

herm

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by remymartin
Was it a clear night? did you notice if the moon was visible when you saw that light.

I think the moon is full today as saw it poke through the thinnish clouds we have today so not that clear and this object was not that high I would say about 1000 feet give or take. By the way I may be wrong with the wind its very light and clouds seem to be moving both ways at different levels.So could have been going with the wind after all.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
umm...
This is what i see:
A light in the sky that does not really appear to be moving. Looking at the haze around the light im going to say it was overcast so it could be anything

I do not see:
Anything special

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

its just out of focus and contrast a common thing with sony cams at night you have to manually adjust for a better picture

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

Even if that was in HD it would still not show anything worth while. How would focus change a stationary light through overcast?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

it would get rid of the orb/haze around the object for better viewing on what it is, at night my sony does the same thing just as if you were shooting the moon with everything on auto, it would have a huge orb/haze around it. Using the manual focus and contrast adjustments allow for the object to be seen as is. I can do a comparison video tonight if you would like?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

reply to post by zaiger

it would get rid of the orb/haze around the object for better viewing on what it is, at night my sony does the same thing just as if you were shooting the moon with everything on auto, it would have a huge orb/haze around it. Using the manual focus and contrast adjustments allow for the object to be seen as is. I can do a comparison video tonight if you would like?

I think the main reason it blurred was because the night shot function was on. I have filmed the ISS and the moon successfully before(check out the videos on my youtube channel www.youtube.com... ). Thanks for your advice though it is appreciated.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
umm...
This is what i see:
A light in the sky that does not really appear to be moving. Looking at the haze around the light im going to say it was overcast so it could be anything

I do not see:
Anything special

It was moving you can tell as i pan down twice you see a different area ,first in the middle of the road then above a house.I was standing using the door of my car to lean the camera on( you can hear the engine running)

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
heres the moon on auto focus and then the moon on manual focus, auto at night usually has the appearance on most objects as the first picture does, which is easily fixed by preplanned adjustments for night

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/145527c766da.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d1f55a06e61.jpg[/atsimg]

btw great moonshots you have with the telescope

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join