It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you REGRET learning?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I also learnt a lot of people I look upto in my immediate circle are morons despite their large bank accounts.

And I regret learning this to a certain extent because I could have been the one to have such an account had I not been on this site. oh well....

[edit on 1-12-2009 by fynshine]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

Probably the only thing I could do without was seeing just how far humanity could stoop. I've lived a VERY sheltered life and was one of those types who really thought the world was a happy, safe place for the most part. Since ATS focuses on the alternative, it also focuses on the darker side of humanity. I've read some terrible acts of depravity and cruelty on here that have broken my heart (and is what I mention above of wanting to get the images out of my head). A lot of it seemed gratuitous and posted for shock value which would piss me off. Some threads even seem to be a competition for 'how low can we go' in terms of nasty material.

But at the same time, it makes me more aware and even more safe and proactive. Living in a bubble can be dangerous so as hard as some of those stories were to hear, it has its benefits in the long run.

[edit on 12/1/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
What a great post by the OP!!
great thing to ponder, i am going to take a moment and figure it out. First thing that came to my mind was this:

"Would i have been happier "asleep" as opposed to "awake" if nothing happens?"

I cant get this thought out of my head.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Thanks for the support man. Maybe he will be bad for her but I won't stand in the way. It just wouldn't be right. Of course maybe he is an alien and she will wise up and run.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I apoligize to the OP. You're probably right my last posting on this thread could fit in where you suggested. Thanks for that suggestion, but I'll have to leave it here as that would be called cross-posting. Now I'll attempt to answer your original question as intended.

I have no regrets learning anything here on ATS. Yes I have read some horrendously ridiculous posts, I may even be be guilty of that myself, but there have been some very good threads that where very enjoyable to come across. Good or bad they all have value, even if its just to reflect what a bad post is versus a good post is. So in short I don't regret anything, I'm here to seek knowledge and truth no matter how upsetting or enlightening is is.

[edit on 12/1/2009 by The Alfer]

[edit on 12/1/2009 by The Alfer]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx
reply to post by stereovoyaged

True. I was overally niave to think that any forum would be full of people wanting to discuss topics and ideas in a healthy, educated and respected manner. Talk about shock! At times, ATS is just shy of high noon with little regard to any kind of respect. Guess that is every where but should be less likely on a site that is about "defying ignorance".

Agreed, this site has turned into(or always have been, not sure, i'm still fairly new here) a place of political strife, religious banter(which I myself are guilty of engaging in), people who will argue for the sake of arguing and some nutjobs
Silly me thinking this would be a conspiracy website. Then people say it has grown to be a much more diverse place with even broader topics than consp theories, I ask, is that a good thing??

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
Then people say it has grown to be a much more diverse place with even broader topics than consp theories, I ask, is that a good thing??

Freedom of expression is always a good thing regardless of the topic.

Even with all the conservative, right wing, trailer trash, knuckle dragging yahoos spreading hate and lies, Palin worship etc. They have as much right to express themselves as the limp wristed, Birkenstock wearing, stinkin hippies on the left coast.

Throw in some certifiable insane spoon benders and you got yourself one
entertaining website.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Oh.....and I regret knowing the world will not end in 2012. It would have been sooo much better if it had ended.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by fynshine
I also learnt a lot of people I look upto in my immediate circle are morons despite their large bank accounts.

And I regret learning this to a certain extent because I could have been the one to have such an account had I not been on this site. oh well....

[edit on 1-12-2009 by fynshine]

Thats something i would not worry about. What did you really miss out on.

Today i was just pondering about these things too, but if you never had money why worry about it.

Also remember people the people in the occult think and say that you only know what your supposed to know, and anything you do not know, your not meant to at this moment, if that makes sense.

So what ever you know, is what your supposed to know, whether its good for you, who knows.

[edit on 12/1/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Another one....I regret learning Money does not exist. There is no such thing as money. What the hell did I waste the past few years for...!!! gaahhhhh...LOL

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I regret nothing that I have learned. I only regret that I was so ignorant for so long and that so many others still are and will continue to be, some by choice. It is this mass of ignorance that weakens the body of humanity and prevents us from usurping authority from those who profit by our ignorance.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Also remember people the people in the occult think and say that you only know what your supposed to know, and anything you do not know, your not meant to at this moment, if that makes sense.

[edit on 12/1/2009 by andy1033]

On a serious note, I agree with this 100%...you'll know when its the right time.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I don't regret anything but the truths that hurt the most are realizing we all are modern slaves and never really asked if we wanted to be a part of any government. It hurts being a part of the country that murdered the Native Americans. It hurts thinking about all the wrong that could be fixed if things were done without corruption.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I can't say I really regret learning anything, as reading this site (and many others) teaches me more and more every day. I started reading rense.com several years ago it's still the first site I go to each day.

I guess if I do regret anything, it's that we'll (probably) never know all of the truths behind the PTB. Also, it seems like the more I learn, the less I know.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by scrybe
Also, it seems like the more I learn, the less I know.

Thats is so true, and remember one persons truth is not exactly your truth. As i said earlier, if your meant to know and understand you will, and if not, you will not get it. thats the thing about the occult, hidden knowledge.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Great topic.

I regret learning about the holocaust in WW2.

There is only one thing in this world that scares me, and that is mans ability to hate his fellow man.

I can live with the idea of nature in one form or another being dangerous and potentially deadly. I know that theres nothing I can do if the planet is hit by an asteroid or some gamma ray burst. I understand that accidents happen even in the safest conditions. All of those things I can accept.

But the idea that an educated normal person can coldly decree someone else is less worthy than an animal, and have them slaughtered under industrial factory conditions....thats scary.

As it happens I've educated myself as best as I can about the subject in the vain hopes that if I see such a thing coming again I may be able to do something about it, or at least preserve my family's wellbeing if we are the ones deemed "unworthy"

I could quite happily have lived my life not knowing such things though.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

What the United States is doing in the Middle East isn't too far from industrialized killing. I'm not talking about the common soldier on the ground, and most of the military brass. I'm talking about the people at the top who are controlling them, putting the plans into action from which they will profit.
It's not a war on terror, or for liberation, or for our freedoms. It's a war for natural resources. We had Bin Laden in our grasp a few months after 9/11 and we let him go.....

Ah there I go again, ranting off. This type of information is a burden.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I don't regret any of what I've learned here but I do think that the saddest thing here is that we have some truly gifted and intelligent members here of whom a small percentage, although very intelligent, are also blind with hatred.

I had no idea that individuals who are as 'openminded and intelligent' could be so angry and twisted by some of their beliefs.

It's sad.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Thats the world we live in. Our lifes are shaped in todays world and we are stamped on from a great height by people for no reason.

Hate plays an important part in life, there is nothing wrong with it persay, if you can find ways to norish it, and use it.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
I don't regret any of what I've learned here but I do think that the saddest thing here is that we have some truly gifted and intelligent members here of whom a small percentage, although very intelligent, are also blind with hatred.

I had no idea that individuals who are as 'openminded and intelligent' could be so angry and twisted by some of their beliefs.

It's sad.

I have only been a member for 2 days and have already been witness to this .

Very well put

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join