It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you REGRET learning?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Over the last 6+ months, I find myself reading more articles on ATS and learning more and more about things going on in the world, how certain topics I was taught in school weren't exactly right and that 9/11 isn't as open and shut of a case as I thought it was.

Going forward, I find I am not as naive as I used to be which causes me to think about things I never would ever have thought twice about. Vaccines that may hurt more people then it "saves"..... We may have learned fiber optics/technologies from the Roswell crash.... FEMA camps...

Is there something that you have learned on ATS that you wish you wouldn't have or am I the only one finding that "ignorance is bliss"?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I am not sure i learned it here. But knowing satanism is real and pagans are just a cult who do not like others. No wonder the ptb do what they do.

On a plus note i see why christianity is the best religion on earth by far, as its the only one that sees human as being same as another human.

But knowing that there really is a percentage of people that actually like doing evil, makes me feel weird about others. Just knowing that people have no empathy for others, is a strange one, and all you people that lived in a christian society are lucky and you do not know it.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I can see what you mean. It's amazing the amount of posts on here that relate to hating others and why it is ok given a certain set of circumstances. Hate is hate and unless we find a way to respect each other, we will be stuck in this "battle of the beliefs" and TPTB/NWO will continue to thrive.

Thanks for the post!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I regret learning the truth about some aspects of religion. I always had an idea a few years in highschool. The agnostics and atheists always assumed I was always on their side, and the others would think me blasphemous. When I learned the truth, last year in my Freshman term of college I was a bit floored. Though, I kept my composure. I still believe in Christ and the true God for everyone. I have thrown away the concept of hell. I used to, before knowing the truth, incorporate Theravada Buddhist beliefs in my Christian beliefs just because it felt right. Know, I do a mixture of things...it's complicated. I meditate and attempt to realize the moment. I attempt to connect with the all incorporating God. I try to treat everyone with love and as if they were myself...because in the end...they are me and I them. I have, for the longest time, believed in reincarnation...even before knowing the truth. I was a pretty out their thinker as a kid...heck, I am still a kid by most peoples standards. I believe I am on a proper and healthy spiritual path now, but I am still surprised about the things I have learned.

Aliens, Time travelers, Extra Dimensionals...whatever they are, I have had an interest in them form a very early age (around 7 or so when they showed the fake alien Autopsy on fox, scared the hell out of me by the way). I would always gather information. I would even go so far as to make claims in class that the gods and heroes of old were possibly such entities, even before I heard of Erich von Däniken. When I found out some truths...nay, some extra information about these beings in the last year or so I was quite surprised. There are just too many theories to go over about these beings.

The NWO, oh how I wish that this entity was non real. I regretted learning of such. I found out about a year ago that 9/11 was a fraud and everything just begin to fall into place. If there is one thing I regret, I regret learning that such an organization exists. Though, I am thankful that I know. However...learning that Alex Jones, David Icke, and Ron Paul were tools was quite the upset. Not because I trusted them, but because I can not get any of the other people who claim to be "awake" to believe me. The Powers that be have a controlled opposition in which they spread disinfo.

I probably didn't really answer your question. Sorry for the ramblings.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

That is one of my top 5 favorite responses I have ever read on ATS!

The truths regarding religion is probably the one that I wish I could "unlearn" followed by the NWO.

Not far behind it is the facts relating to 9/11. Talk about a soul crusher..

The flags and stars are much appreciated!

Editted to fix splling

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Roadblockx]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

I regret learning nurolinguistit programing, meta theory, body language and micro cues because now I find myself manipulating other people instead of just going with the flow.

I have become an expert Texas Holdem player but.........

I have entered the dark side of knowledge.

I was much happier being ignorant.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I honestly can't say I regret learning anything here or even in life. That sounds so cliche and like the 'right' PC open-minded sanctimonious answer but I don't know what else to say since that is the truth.

I'm one of those types who really would prefer the truth no matter how hard it is to swallow. Even threads that brought things to my attention that literally made me sob in my computer chair. It would be nice to get some of the images out of my memory but at least knowing about the subjects led me to getting involved.

Some things even made me feel hopeless but I just try to look at the silver lining. As in, my original method of action/preparation was adjusted once I realized my previous plan was a dead end doomed to failure.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I also don't regret anything!

Second Line

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I regret learning the woman I've always loved married someone else that's about it.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I have no problem with what I have learned per se, there is value whether it is fact or fiction. What I have a problem is the way we are taught, having to conform to a certain way of thinking or doing things. An example, my mother taught me a whole new way to do simple arithmatic and it worked for me. The teacher frowned upon this, you had to do it the way he teached it or it wasn't official and you were flunked. I did poorly the official way but was a whiz doing it my way. Needless to say that was one of my first experiences into starting to question the system. Basically you have to do it there way or no way. I learned that if I answer things their way I get rewarded but if I find answers my way even if they work better than their way, its baaad! I have spent years unlearning and deprogramming myself as to what the establishment says I should do. As I result I was labeled a rebel at times, but I survived. There are two quotes by Mark Twain "The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education" and "Don't let schooling interfere with your education".

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I must say I am impressed. With you being such an active member on ATS, I could have sworn there was something, some topic that your life would have been better off without learning. Some topic that challenged something you always thought to be a solid fact in which to build all other beliefs from only to have that fact become false. I too believe in knowing the truth but only on the subjects that I feel will affect my life or I need to know. I don't need to know more then I can handle. Kudos to you for your honesty.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Alfer
I have no problem with what I have learned per se, there is value whether it is fact or fiction. What I have a problem is the way we are taught, having to conform to a certain way of thinking or doing things. An example, my mother taught me a whole new way to do simple arithmatic and it worked for me. The teacher frowned upon this, you had to do it the way he teached it or it wasn't official and you were flunked. I did poorly the official way but was a whiz doing it my way. Needless to say that was one of my first experiences into starting to question the system. Basically you have to do it there way or no way. I learned that if I answer things their way I get rewarded but if I find answers my way even if they work better than their way, its baaad! I have spent years unlearning and deprogramming myself as to what the establishment says I should do. As I result I was labeled a rebel at times, but I survived. There are two quotes by Mark Twain "The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education" and "Don't let schooling interfere with your education".

You would be able to add to this thread without a doubt!

Is it ok to teach kids lies?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I actually regret learning from this place how closed minded some people who claim to be open minded are. Its mind boggling the amount of dribble, rhetoric, beliefs, etc that some ppl follow. This is not a personal attack against anyone on this site, just an over view of my opinion.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beach Bum
I regret learning the woman I've always loved married someone else that's about it.

Ouch..... Maybe the guy will turn out to be an alien and she will come running back to you once she finds out...
Sorry to hear it bro.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
That the cast of Snow Buddies got wiped out by parvo twice.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

True. I was overally niave to think that any forum would be full of people wanting to discuss topics and ideas in a healthy, educated and respected manner. Talk about shock! At times, ATS is just shy of high noon with little regard to any kind of respect. Guess that is every where but should be less likely on a site that is about "defying ignorance".

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
That the cast of Snow Buddies got wiped out by parvo twice.

I should probably send you a U2U for an explanation so that I don't look overly foolish for not knowing what/who that is.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I think I am like you. I prefer to know all - the good and the bad. Knowledge is power, even if that knowledge leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

I have experienced horrible things in my life - been witness to horrible things happening to others. And has horrible as those things were, I still learned from them and grew (or so I hope) and have used them to even help others in similar situations.

I have also "learned" of some of the worst things in life here at ATS, but im still glad I learned about it. Id hate to live in a box void of knowing what is happening in this world - good or bad.

Again, ALL knowledge is power

[edit on December 1st 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I don't regret learning anything here. Its been a really good experience.

Everything that I learnt here has shattered all my beliefs since childhood. I remember a few days back there was a thread started on ATS - "I wish God was real". It really made me nostalgic.

On the bright side, I am not afraid of dark anymore. Ever since I can remember, I was afraid of dark and always used to start praying to God in dark. Not anymore....so a biggggg THANK YOU to ATS.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I wish I had never learned that most people don't know anything.
They don't know the difference between "knowing" and "feeling."

You can't "feel" the truth!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join