It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter to President Obama from Michael Moore

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by benoni

Its a bit harsh to label all Americans in this one cateory I hate the American Political agendas and them starting wars here there and everywhere and very soon they'll start the war to end all wars because simply they have to be the biggest and the best but thats just the way American Politics work and to be honest im from Australia and we are no better off with our political leaders but there is nothing wrong with the ordinary everyday civilians well most of them anyway

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'm sorry if you think that is what I said...
I am referring to The Military..not civilians..

For the record, I have no problems with the average American..you get good and bad in all cultures, including OZ.

Excuse my off topic post.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
I supported Obama and voted for him. If he says anything other than we are withdrawing due to lack of mission he has forever lost my vote and support. I will work hard to see him removed from office next election. Not saying a lot when its a voice of one but I believe I have the many on my side.

Join the club buddy. I regretted my vote many months ago. I voted for the ideals, not the man. More and more people are feeling like you every day; the one's who focus on issues, not the cult of personality.

Hell, if I knew then what I know now, I'd have voted for McCain. Wouldn't have made a bit of difference. Either one - 4 more years of Bush.

At least Moore has the balls to stick by his IDEALS. He's not a leftist who's going to abandon and forget about the war in Iraq (hmmmmmmm, THE WAR IN IRAQ. Yeah, that doesn't matter now to the media since Obama was elected), or the war in Afghanistan.

The maniacs who support Obama because he's Obama - like he's some g-damn one-man football team (who spouted anti war sentiment during the Presidential campaign) will be duped - but not the Moore types.

I disagree with Moore about everything, except the wars. I'm glad he wrote the letter. Time to bring them home. From Iraq and Afghanistan.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Manwin]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by KeeperOfGenisis

It may be harsh but it is the truth USA has been the most self centric egoistic country and so is the majority of the American population. You know why most of the people are calling to get out of Afghanistan it is because majority of these people(who are calling to pull out f Afghanistan immediately)are not worried about how you leave Afghanistan after destroying it but because it is affecting the economy, in the end it comes down to it. You are not worried whether they live or die. You do not care what the invasion did to other country as long as it's not affecting your pocket. That is selfishness, accept it!

They simply didn't care earlier what was happening because USA had money. But in 8 years the first leader looted the country and now there is very little to none so USA is worried it does not have money to spend on luxury and burgers. While not thinking how 8 years of rummaging a different country can be fixed in 8 months!

[edit on 1-12-2009 by December_Rain]

[edit on 1-12-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Moore is a straight-up dude. I don't see why so many people put him down.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

That is a good point December_Rain. I guess Moore and I both fell prey to an erroneous belief about this president's true intentions despite his words, even though Moore and I appear to have reached the same core conclusion from vastly different political belief structures. I understand your statement about denying ignorance, but we both tried. I did a gut level assessment of this president and tried to get an educated opinion on what his core beliefs and actions would be. I assume Moore did the same but with some personal access to him that few people have.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
His whole letter while well written was B.S. and I personally don't appreciate him labeling my point of view racist once again!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Im sorry but I read that letter and Michael Moore talks like a sheep on the subjects that is needed to be addressed. He even talked about Al Qaeda as if it were real. We all know that Al Qaeda is made up, and it was created by the CIA.

And to see you all agree?

I sense a seriously large percentage of counterintelligence. Im not stupid, I see you all agreeing with the email that liar Moore sent. I see who the real people are on ATS, I may have only registered recently, but I have been visiting/reading ATS for a VERY long time.

Its pathetic and sad to see people agree with that email, that email addresses nonsense, and as we hear on the radio, Obama ignored this silly letter.

LOL@Michael Moore writing to the President "as if" the President actually has the power to tell the military to stand down? LOL!

Presidents are puppets...people exploit them, then people like Michael Moore send them emails as if the information exploiting Presidential powers was never wrote in the first place.

That's like being a resident in hell and emailing Satan about how bad it is...DUHHH Satan is the one creating it! You cant solve problems by using the same methods or the same people. You cant email someone who has no power and who doesnt give a # about you.

Michael Moore is creating a mess by talking as if he thinks he knows something when he is actually talking in the same manner as a misinformed rifleman in the US Army.

[edit on 1/12/2009 by the_denv]

[edit on 1/12/2009 by the_denv]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I still dont get how obama lied....He said he was bulking up Afghanistan and withdrawing from Iraq...WHICH HES CURRENTLY DOING. Everyones just in a piss poor mood because they thought he was going to bring the government, and save the world, blah, blah, blah. And to the guy who calls US troops killer, and doesnt live in the US. Im glad you can sit at home and never have seen airplanes fly into your backyard and kill 3000 innocent people. But dont call me or anyone else in the military killers. Turns out not everyone in the military holds a gun, and those who do dont indiscriminantly murder innocent people.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Wow, I'm surprised mayor McCheese actually wrote a letter instead of trying to make a movie out of it. Thats scarry.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Chance321]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

next line

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I doubt Obama will look twice at this letter.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Yep beautifully said mate and im telling you from experience Australia is not too far behind the USA.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Any military person who speaks publicly on a subject before clearing it with the President should be subject to the UCMJ. It's simply inexcusable.

Also, I believe in what Thomas Jefferson said, "Commerce with all nations, alliance with none".

Once we're off the oil tit we'll be able to abandon the middle east altogether. Two things come out of the middle east: Oil and violence. We don't need either of them. Believe me, I've been there more times than I'd like to remember.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

I had a slight feeling that Michael Moore was capable of writing something intelligent. Its nice to know such a normally ridiculous man is capable of such intelligence. It really raises my hope for the "liberals" crowd.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthWanderer

I don't think anyone really thinks Obama would ever read a letter... he's the president now and only his opinion counts. Thats the way corporate management works of course.

The only letters that have ever mattered to Obama are the ones from his corporate donors. So of course he won't either read or respond to the letter. However, one of his "little people" may write something back to pretend Obama did read it.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Elect this man right here

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by baseball101

After all of our troops our saftely home and on our borders, we then cut off the money supply to all nations, that money can be used right here for rebuilding our infastructre to getting our kids a better eductation.

Why do you Americans always have to resort to ignorance? I understand wanting to better your country and everything, but just take a look at the OP's avatar. Do you really have to say things like " cut off the money to the rest of the world " when Americans have more than anough confort and are just plain weiners sometimes.
Feed those who are starving, improve your education, but look at those who are in a way worst place than you have ever been.
Besides you guys pride yourselves in being the world sole superpowwer, and that comes with responsibilities. Don't be ignorant.

Finally we tie in the price of wheat to the price of Oil, after all we are the worlds bread basket, so if America has to pay $80 for oil, then world has to pay $80 for a bushel of wheat. It all seems fair.

See what I mean by typical American ignorance? Boy, lets say you have been to Iraq, and Afghanistan. Have you learned anything? People starve, and you have the balls to say this. Ignorance ignorance.

We let the E.U/China/and Russia decide how things in the world will run because quite frankly we can produce and make everything we need right here in the USA we dont need them we can do it on our own.

AHAHAHAHAHAAHHA! Ok, expect to have the country go berserk because the wealth and obsession for confort they so des[erate NEED will no longer be. That can NEVER happen. Not in this world.
You can forget about having the largest military might, because you wouldn't sustain it. Then that would leave the country vulnerable to the rest of the world you pissed off, wouldn't it?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

If only your government had the balls to make this move.

It would be the best thing for all ... I would pay more for bread if it meant that the US fixed itself.

Fricken spot on post mate

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Redneck from Hell

bah!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join