It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter to President Obama from Michael Moore

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
30,000 troops won't make one bit of difference here,the point is Big Oil and the Military/Industrial Complex wants Afghanistan's natural resources we are talking about natural gas and oil,guys we are not going anywhere in Central Asia as Sir.Halford Mackinder said:Who rules East Europe commands the Heartland Who rules The Heartland commands the World-Island Who rules the World-Island commands the world

[edit on 063131p://2926 by mike dangerously]

[edit on 063131p://2926 by mike dangerously]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Yes...hes a polarising figure 'ole MM is!!

Personally, i respect the guy ...he's stood up to Bush,US health care..even Charlton Heston and the Gun Crowd...and now Obama..quite a list!!

Say what you want...at least he isnt afraid to say it as he sees it...

And if it makes people think..then all the better.

But i still cant get my head around someone who wants to send 34,000 more killers to Afghanistan to slaughter poor innocent civilian afghans..."...to end the War".....

And then....he gets the Nobel Peace Prize......

This world is stuffed...........

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I supported Obama and voted for him. If he says anything other than we are withdrawing due to lack of mission he has forever lost my vote and support. I will work hard to see him removed from office next election. Not saying a lot when its a voice of one but I believe I have the many on my side.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Although I wholeheartedly disagree with 'General' Moore, I will say this to his credit: He is consistent and stands by what he believes. It's been quite a confusing political journey for me to follow since February to try to understand how war is okay now that Mr. Obama is our president.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Your statement on foreign policy is exactly the same as Ron Paul's.
It's common sense for the 21st century, but the elite don't think like normal people, they are greedy and power hungry.

Obama is fulfilling his election time promise's on Afghanistan, but have the troop levels dropped down in Iraq, like he promised? I thought he was going to shift the combat brigades.

Obama is not the star everybody thought he would be, the honeymoon is really over now. Funny thing is he will now be attacked by the far left and right, even Bush never had to worry about both of those.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
You know it really disappoints me when I see what could have been a great letter totally flop with a comment like this.

"You would still be the victim of their incessant venom on hate radio and television because no matter what you do, you can't change the one thing about yourself that sends them over the edge."

Talk about a dividing shot. If MM cant keep it civil then he needs to shad up just like the right.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
That is a truly great letter no matter what Micheal Moore has done in the past this letter is inspirational.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by benoni

This world is stuffed...........

I wholeheartdly agree with you there mate and its the USA who's leading the way

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Great speech "O". Now go fight your war. Lost my vote. Will pray for the troops to have success and loose few.

When New Horizon's snaps closeups of Pluto on 14 July 2015 we will still be fighting this war that has no achievable mission or goal. Wonder what the post 911 American troop death count will be on that day.

X

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Well, Michael Moore finally came down from the Obama cloud, in a free fall without a chute.

A few month ago while watching Link TV, I saw his talking about his new documentary and talking about obama and to my great disgust, he shed tears of joy at the fact that Obama had been elected and talked about his like he was the US savior, the one to end all wars and the likes... while I was watching this, thinking as I was clenching my fists... Michael, you FOOL

Michael's bubble has burst, I am just glad he woke up and I hope that the next tears who comes rolling down his cheeks will be tears of regrets for urging the population to go vote (a free documentary he made available for download)

Either way, either it was Obama or McCain to hold office, both of those choices was in itself a catch 22 for both of them wanted to send more troops abroad.

Michael was just too blinded with hope to see that ugly truth.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I do not like Michael Moore. A few months ago, he was quoted as saying Obama was a super-hero for sacking the President of GM. It's his own fault for "believing the lies."

But, I agree with the substance of his letter. I still do not understand why Obama is not pulling out our troops. I did not vote for him. I never bought the he is different and a visionary and all that other made up garbage. He is just an ambitious politician who climbed out of the Chicago machine.

The one thing from the letter that is so true is that this will now become his war and it didn't have to be that way.

If anyone wonders why sites like this flourish and have so many readers, just read this thread.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Its funny looking back at one of my responses on a previous post about Obama which is starting to become true. I feel at end we will all look back and feel deceived by a big lie.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

But i still cant get my head around someone who wants to send 34,000 more killers to Afghanistan to slaughter poor innocent civilian afghans..."...to end the War"

Although I don't agree with sending more troops to Afghanistan. I resent you calling our troops killers. They are patriotic people who serve in our military, your neighbors, their sons and daughters. They are putting their lives on the line so you can sit nice and safe in your house and call them killers.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

Obama is fulfilling his election time promise's on Afghanistan, but have the troop levels dropped down in Iraq, like he promised? I thought he was going to shift the combat brigades.

Obama is not the star everybody thought he would be, the honeymoon is really over now. Funny thing is he will now be attacked by the far left and right, even Bush never had to worry about both of those.

Thank you for bringing this point up, I have just replied to a similar post couple of days ago. But since you are unaware of it, I'll say it again.

Iraq Marks Withdrawal of U.S. Troops From Cities

Iraqi Forces Assume Control Over Cities From US Troops

Iraqi leaders welcome U.S. troop withdrawal plan

Obama's promises on Iraq from a Fact checking website:

No. 125: Direct military leaders to end war in Iraq - Done
No. 126: Begin removing combat brigades from Iraq - In The Works
No. 127: Encourage political accommodation in Iraq- Not Yet Started
No. 128: Launch robust diplomatic effort with Iraq and its neighbors - - In The Works
No. 129: Form international group to help Iraq refugees Not Yet Started
No. 130: Provide at least $2 billion for services to Iraqi refugees Not Yet Started
No. 131: Present Iraq status-of-forces agreement to Congress for approval Not Yet Started
No. 132: No permanent bases in Iraq Not Yet Started
No. 161: End the abuse of supplemental budgets for war - In The Works

Source: www.politifact.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sibilance
I do not like Michael Moore. A few months ago, he was quoted as saying Obama was a super-hero for sacking the President of GM. It's his own fault for "believing the lies."

I still do not understand why Obama is not pulling out our troops.

The one thing from the letter that is so true is that this will now become his war and it didn't have to be that way.

If anyone wonders why sites like this flourish and have so many readers, just read this thread.

I think you may have missed the reply to a equivalent question on the first page of this thread itself. Here is the link. Deny Ignorance

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Just found this vid straight from US soldiers

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
My thoughts are that Obama said he was going to shift the war over to Afghanistan before he even became president...

Why the HELL does everybody think he was going to withdraw everything/try to end all wars?

People hear what they want, thats why.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I feel Moore's pain. The man put all of his eggs in one basket like so many of us hopeful Americans desperately searching for change, likewise, did. And now its turning out to be nothing but a sham, politics as usual. Nothing but opposames, two political parties with the same damn agenda, this whole ordeal leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, such a rude awakening to say the least. One things for sure though, its evident that the president no matter from what political persuasion he may come from is only merely always the paid off mouthpiece for the corporate thugs who get us into these blood soaked debacles.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Those people in the vid are homegrown heros in MHO.
I now am frimly convinced our President is a full fledged idiot. How could he commit our fellow Americans to this insanity?
Whats the matter? Someone trying to steal all those poppys?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Sorry wabbit if I offended your sensibilities....

BUT

You can dress your precious soldiers up in their uniforms, stick little coloured badges on their lapels etc but it changes nothing...they are there to kill....and certainly not to protect you or I....
They chose the career path of soldier..why should I appreciate what they do in Afghanistan, killing women and children??
Afghanistan has not attacked the US(where i do not reside incidentally..)...the US invaded them...

The average local Afghani wants you OUT...youve killed too many innocent civilians for them to have any endearment towards you(the US).

Surely you would agree theres nothing patriotic about killing poor civilians...nothing???

See...we can all feel resentment wabbit....

[edit on 1-12-2009 by benoni]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join