It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter to President Obama from Michael Moore

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Sure it is logical because it is based on fantasy. There is something called "Global Economy". and there is an example of a country like North Korea which has isolated itself from the entire world.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

hahaha...oh! but you see the Shock and Awe live telecast was not promoted by the "world" it was promoted by USA. You cannot dump your problems on other..nice try though

Edit to add: you should infact feel "grateful" for other countries who are still helping with whatever they can even after all the lies has been exposed. It's better you don't say that again or other countries will laugh their asses off and remove whatever they are doing even now.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by December_Rain]

[edit on 1-12-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

North Korea hardly has the means to support even basic necessities for themselves though, such as food.

We live in very different places. In time Americans will live much simpler lives like a lot of the world, fortunately we have the means to prevent the population from starving to death.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by baseball101

I know a thing or two about war, I fought there in Afghan and Iraq. I say its time to come home, The world hates America, so we pull our troops out of every country from Germany to S.Korea, The Middle East to the Balklands, Africa to Asia, we bring them all home.

After all of our troops our saftely home and on our borders, we then cut off the money supply to all nations, that money can be used right here for rebuilding our infastructre to getting our kids a better eductation.

Finally we tie in the price of wheat to the price of Oil, after all we are the worlds bread basket, so if America has to pay $80 for oil, then world has to pay $80 for a bushel of wheat. It all seems fair.

We let the E.U/China/and Russia decide how things in the world will run because quite frankly we can produce and make everything we need right here in the USA we dont need them we can do it on our own.

Its time to return to a simplier time while moving forward.

I like your idea, but I have one question about cutting off the money supply to other nations.
Where does this money come from? Severing ties and paying off the debt to China would be pretty much impossible as the bill is in the trillions now.

As far as wheat is concerned the US only produces 10% of the world wheat.
www.ers.usda.gov...

I agree 100% that we need to take a step back to simpler times and become a country that produces rather than just a country that consumes.
Think about this for a minute.

China is a producing nation and the largest money loaning nation to the US yet the majority of the people live in poverty as least comapred by western standards.

The US is a consuming, borrowing nation and a high percentage of people live like kings compared to people in China.

Do you think that perhaps China is getting sick and tired of the US sucking on its money teet?

Someone has to pay for the extravagances that we enjoy on a daily basis.
Thinkgs that we may not see as an extravagance but people in other nations certainly would. The USA "Land of the Free".. Not as free as we were lead to believe obviously.

But I do like your utopian ideology.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I personal hate the two faced basted know as Michael Moore. With that out of the way.

I find this rather mad and funny. I can't but help remember how Obama wanted to call back the troops during his campaign.

Or was that Hillery I get them confused so easily.

any who this is all rather mad and funny and I will wait to see in around 3 hours how this all unfolds.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Moore got to the point as always. And as much as I hate to say it, I cant think of anyone better to do what he does. Unfortunately like most of us his plea will fall on deaf ears I bet. People in politics can only hear those whose wallets shout the loudest.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I think Moore is delusional.. One of the few things Obama was actually clear about was that he wanted to step up the war in Afghanistan. And Michael just realized that he messed up, and now wants to blame Obama rather than the fact that he helped Obama get elected.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
lol

if he take out american troops he will buy contractos to kill innocent people there so really ... it wont change, no matter what he does ... he is a killer, as every american president ... well, to kill your own people u must be some retarded or something

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
On subjects like this I ask myself a few questions:

What is the mission objectives?

What are the REAL mission objectives?

What are we willing to commit / lose in order to achieve these objectives?

What is the exit strategy?

When very few people talk to me about these matters without being able to answer these questions for themselves, I add one more question:

When in doubt - follow the money trail. Who stands to gain the most as a result of this action?

It works for me.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It's kinda funny really.

This isn't the first liberal to start whining about the hope and change they voted for.

Hell look at the banner, the liberal "Congress wants to kill your favorite web site" Is this the hope and change you asked for? lol

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Volton]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Guess what, I've got news for everybody....

MM is part of the group of talking heads that "debate" each other while nothing ever changes, and 'policy' continues as is.

He is an entertainer, as are all of them. Their job is to entertain you and keep you thinking something is actually being done about the problems of the world...

... while the true criminals in the White House send more and more of our sons and daughters to their deaths.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

I mainly lurk around here but I came out of hiding to say that's one of the best posts I've ever read on here.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Too late. Michael Moore is already known for his childish antics, rants and raves, and immoral behavior. I won't ever read a single word from him.

He's a big douche bag, nothing more.

Honestly I'm surprised to have not seen him do a "Leave Britney Alone" You Tube stye video yet, but I'm keeping my eyes out for it.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
What was that anti-capitalism movie Michael Moore came out with?

Boy - Obama moving to increase troops in afghanistan would really make Moore look like an ass!

Looks like Obama is already aligned with Lobbiest Central and the Central Bank (funding all wars - both sides) and continues the political stance on selling America out from under us all to China and whoever else wants a piece of bankrupting our once "ELITE" nation.

What a joke!

All I have to say is - hello my fellow commrads! Guess we will have to get rid of the blue on our flag!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Looks like it's official,

30,000 troops to be sent to Afghanistan.

Let the never ending war continue.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

I couldn't agree with you more!!!

But, of course...this will never happen.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

well, the second half of his letter was pretty much crap, but the first half, I can agree with here. Then again, I'm still waiting with baited breath on all of the supposed 'good things' he's done to actually show themselves. Come on now, we knew he wasn't going to hold up in office, even with his 53% landslide victory.

By the way, as someone from Chicago, I have this open letter to MM's open letter.

Dear Moore,

We spent so much time getting that corrupt bozo out of our town, don't put words in our mouth saying we want him to come home. The further that guy stays from our city, the happier we'll be.

Signed,
Everyone in Chicago

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'll admit, the letter was well-written, and I agree with pretty much everything he wrote. However, if Michael Moore gets an interview or even a reply from Obama while Charlie Sheen doesn't, it means, in my mind and regardless of opinions of either man, that there's something fishy going on. There was once a time when I thought that Moore would never get on the MSM, and then I saw that long interview with Sanjay Gupta on CNN.

It will be interesting to see if anything develops from this letter.

[edit on 12/1/2009 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nepafogo

Thats fine but we are the biggest exporter of food around the world.... It would work... Also we as a people would have to tighten the belts you dont need the 50 incher for Xmas

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Do we even have 30,000 extra troops?

Aren't they all off fighting all the other stupid wars that the US is engaged in?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join