It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why UFOlogy is a joke to the mainstream

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Another point about abductions...they alll seem to be reciting a script. All thier stories will have elements they say word for word....I ain't lying...read a lot of them and see this. They will of course change the stories a bit to make it their own....but they is no denying the fact thier stories pretty will contain...lines or paragraphs word for word of other abductees.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Another point about abductions...they alll seem to be reciting a script. All thier stories will have elements they say word for word....I ain't lying...read a lot of them and see this. They will of course change the stories a bit to make it their own....but they is no denying the fact thier stories pretty will contain...lines or paragraphs word for word of other abductees.

Scripted by the FBI perhaps.
Walton was briefed to be sure.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
we laugh and consider UFOlogy a joke... only it isn't. we're just incapable of admitting that we're scared. that's probably the same reason why it took such a long time for those scientists to acknowledge that it was alien bacteria in those martian rocks. and this fear is contributing to the slow pace of mankind's attempt to reach for the stars. yea, i'll admit it for those other people who are too scared to face their own fears. we're afraid that we are not alone, and not knowing what might be out there is making us more afraid. so we laugh...

It all boils down to fear, and turning it into comedy, so that you can laugh instead of cry—which is how Colbert describes the lesson of the Sermon on the Mount:

Not living in fear is a great gift, because certainly these days we do it so much. And do you know what I like about comedy? You can’t laugh and be afraid at the same time—of anything. If you’re laughing, I defy you to be afraid.

Laugh when you're afraid

i think the above quote sums it up pretty well.

[edit on 12.1.09 by toreishi]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

Wha I would like to know is...what could anyone possibly be afraid of. I know that we are not alone in the universe...it's my own personal belief. I just highly doubt they are here. I find it pretty stupid to fear the unknown... if you don't know what something is why fear it. I am more curious than anything.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Wha I would like to know is...what could anyone possibly be afraid of. I know that we are not alone in the universe...it's my own personal belief. I just highly doubt they are here. I find it pretty stupid to fear the unknown... if you don't know what something is why fear it. I am more curious than anything.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
fear is a survival instinct, more so when you're talking about your entire race.
curiousity is well and good, we'd still be huddled inside old, dark, musty caves if no one was curious about the world outside. but i'm looking forward to the day when the world will have to acknowledge intelligent extraterrestrial life; i just hope that when we do meet them, it'll be in space. and i think that if there are indeed alien races out there and if they are observing us, they would prefer it that way too.

[edit on 12.1.09 by toreishi]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
we laugh and consider UFOlogy a joke... only it isn't.

Toreshi, I'd agree with you there - so would Mikhail Gorbachev.

"The phenomenon of UFOs does exist, and it must be treated seriously."

Mikhail Gorbachev,
Premiere of the Soviet Union.
Interview as reported in 'Soviet Youth',May 4th,1990.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think certain people like making wisecracks and rolling their eyes about the UFO subject -I also think others enjoy pouring scorn and derision onto it - the one thing they both have in common is that they never want to address specific incidents.

There are some unexplained cases out there (about 30 per cent) which leave cynics and debunkers with one hell of a lot of explaining to do.
Here are just some of them.

The Lakenheath Incident (1956)

The Coyne Incident

The Tehran Incident

The RB-47 Incident

The Portage County Incident

The Alaska Flight 1628 Incident

The Exeter Puzzle Incident

The Colares Incident

The Washington Merry go round

The Chiles-Whitted Incident

The Redmond Oregon Incident

The Gosford Incident

The Westhall UFO Incident

The Bariloche UFO Incident

The B-29 UFO Encounter (1952)

The Ellsworth AFB Incident (1953)

The Bethune case (1951)

The West Lothian Incident (1979)

Maybe you're right about it being an insecurity issue with these people (or a defense mechanism) - either way,the UFO subject is a very real one and the evidence speaks for itself.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I hate repeating this, i say it alot. But there is absolute NO evidence that ufo's are extra-terrestrial in origin and i dislike lumping ufo's and aliens together. Seemingly intelligently controlled ufo's exist imo, that can maneuver and reach speeds that surpass anything we have now( atleast known about technology) There is also no evidence they are terrestrial in origin, but we do know that humans exist aswell as black projects. Is it not logical then to first assume that these ufo's are terrestrial in origin before extra-terrestrial? We can't even prove alien life exists, nevermind an intelligent alien race. Course the sheer scale of the universe is all in favor of intelligent life out there(and against them finding our little planet, nevermind finding it in the insignificant amount of time humans have been here) But we still can't say with absolute certainty.

And i don't put any merit in the ancient stories as some sort of proof of alien visitation. Imposing a modern mindset, ufo's/aliens and all on to the ancient writings of a superstitious peoples is not something i look at as evidence.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join