It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem lies with us men!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

You provided a list of reasons why women are/should be better managers than men in the workplace. Ok, I don't disagree with the idea. But is that what you want men to learn from women? More nurturing?

I specifically asked for a list of the skills we men should be learning from women, not reasons why women could/should/would be better managers. Because I do not disagree with that at all - i work with many female managers who are very good at their jobs.

Conversely I work with many women managers who are rubbish at their job, as well as men.

Again I still stand by my idea that women/men, whatever the gender, shouldn't have their ratios increased simply because it's uneven. Making them 50/50 is not a guarantee of a successful business model.

Choosing the right *person* for the job is paramount. And if that means all women or all men, then so be it.

x24

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Dear lord, your working off statistics which you "found in 5mins", don't you know that statistics are extremely unrelyable:

Who were they questioning?
What questions did they ask?
Did they ask every female and male on the face of the planet or just a select few?
Did they select people from poor or rich backgrounds?
Were the questions interchangeable answers?
Who processed the information?
Did the person who process the information have an agenda?
Was the report scientific and funded by the internation science board?(or whoever funds the big projects)

Your proof is unrelable and therefore you have no arguement, until you get an answer from every single male and female on the planet and take into account every single persons option and answer.

And so your complete arguement falls throught, please be careful before starting a topic where you have ZERO proof of ANYTHING.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kilas

I watched Michael Vick make a comeback. I am an animal lover and I support his comeback. Why? I wondered myself...

There is nothing as moving as when a man of strength shows tenderness, compassion. The more powerful your fellow the more remarkable and stirring to the rest of us is the transformation. Or as when someone who was a terrible person has an epiphany of sorts and turns around from bad to good. We love redemption and new beginnings. We have a capacity to forgive at least the truly sorry.
I guess it is because we naturally expect compassion from women, but we inwardly fear a strong man. Compassion in a tough guy package is unexpected. It is good what Vic is doing with children now on behalf of animals. I applaud him for that.
It is akin to the lion laying down with the lamb. The lion doesn't hurt him even though very well he could. This in a nutshell is a lesson for life.
The greatest strength is shown by what you do NOT do..even though you can.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by rusethorcain]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This thread is filled with ignorance (mainly the OP).

If you do not see the difference and qualities both males and females bring to the world, you are truly blind.

I can argue it is MEN that brought us to this point in life.

Something as big as "turning the tables" would have unforeseen consequences. It is IMPOSSIBLE to say if women were more powerful financially and physically if the world would be better or not.

If you think it is already politically correct out there, just wait!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I know I am going to get slaughtered. Ready for attacks and people making fun or telling me I am wrong but I will feel better to get this off my chest...

I cry all the time. I look at a tree and cry, a bird and cry. "Soon, you too will be gone. But for these foolish men, and if it were up to me...you would always live, grow strong and fly"

Do you know why Do-Do birds are extinct? Because they were friendly, sociable animals and walked right up to the men that slaughtered them, down to the very last one. Like the great apes. Like the rain forest.

And the men trod on like programmed machines, killing, warring, and tearing it all down as if each great thing is a conquest to be beaten back in order to show their power over it and their awesome strength. That's great. You are tough. We get it.
There is a sad embarrassing element of truth to the redneck saying...if you can't shoot it or screw it - paint it. This is exactly what we do.
Women comfort the rejected, mend the injured and bear more young to be sent to war to die, then they cry for the dead and bear more young to be sent to war to die.
Sensitivity and empathy need cultivation. Teaching our sons to be hard, tough fearless and never cry.... is shooting ourselves in the foot.
You end up with men who are hard, tough, fearless and never cry...with lots of dead, dying and injured creatures all around them.

I hate what has been done to this planet and our world, and I live in a state of perpetual sadness for what might have been.
I don't blame male of our species entirely of course, but let us give credit where credit is due.

Fortunately, this paradigm is shifting.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by rusethorcain]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join