It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem lies with us men!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Men who feel threatened by strong minded women are such a turn off.

I really admire those here - who can discuss this with an intelligent concept.

Women who think misandry is being "strong-minded" are such a turn off. I really admire women who understand that being strong minded, means thinking for herself, and not simply bashing men.

Shame there's so few of them.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doglord

Women who think misandry is being "strong-minded" are such a turn off. I really admire women who understand that being strong minded, means thinking for herself, and not simply bashing men.

Name the wars started by women. Go.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

You make me sad. But hey, hate is way more appealling that actual thought and being able to read. So I'm sure you'll achieve an audience.

Wow, that's a pot calling the china black. I just hope one day you feel confident enough in yourself to realize that "pride" is not shown by bashing others, and that "being a strong woman" doesn't involve hating men. Until then you'll never be more than a reaction to your own caricatured portrait of masculinity.

You pull to you the stupid angry guys.

I'll continue to woo the smart ones.

If you say so.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
At one point every human was a male and female during the growth period while still in the mothers womb. Everyone still has this duality about themselves. The old saying, "Know thy self" comes into play. Men are critical of themselves when it comes to looking for that female side of themselves. It's not a gay thing. It's more about emotions and letting the ego go. A man who cries is not weak. A man who loves is not weak. A man who is humbled is not weak. Men have been brainwashed in thinking certain attributes which are natural should be thrown to the waste side.

You either wake up and find oneself or forever be lost in the fog. Always searching for that something that is always missing.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by ViperFoxBat]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

You make me sad. But hey, hate is way more appealling that actual thought and being able to read. So I'm sure you'll achieve an audience.

Wow, that's a pot calling the china black. I just hope one day you feel confident enough in yourself to realize that "pride" is not shown by bashing others, and that "being a strong woman" doesn't involve hating men. Until then you'll never be more than a reaction to your own caricatured portrait of masculinity.

You pull to you the stupid angry guys.

I'll continue to woo the smart ones.

If you say so.

You do not understand what you read. You are so blinded by your point that you probably don't even care to read. I have consistenly defended men in this thread. From the assumptions that they aren't needed and from that they need to be LIKE YOU.

Not too worry. I know you still won't understand this. You have a mental scotoma - but I'll point it out anyways for the smarter men.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Doglord

I have not looked at any feminist website or anything to get my stats. I had a look at actual published statistics. From an 80% male department of the National Office of Statistics. The figures are not propoganda, they are fact.

Ok and lets look at infanticide, your example here, this makes up only a very very small % of overal crime. I think in the UK last year there were about a douzen cases in all. Yes most invloving women, single women, often in abusive relationships, or even with drub problems. However, infanticide as a % of overal crime is less than 0.001%. so if 80% of that 0.001% are women then again the numbers are too low the realy tarnish women.

As to your other comments about women manipulated men, well there have been some examples....some...very small number..in ancient Rome and Greece, such as the Cartheginian Wars and I guess you could count Homers Odyssey, which was more of a story than fact. So I don't believe you on that point. Anything you can add to evidence that, or was that just something you plucked at the time.

Also, I was not saying women are supperior or we are supperior to them. I just think, we men have not used our power collectively very good. I mean don't get me wrong, we have some fantastic feats under our belts. But, again, the facts speak for themselves. Men need to stop and think at times.

Genuinly dont mean to offend anyone here. Just think with every little change we can offer for the better and work towards something better than what we are today, then whats the issue.

And about that thing about mens hormones and what have you. Well yes there is more Eostrogen in food nowadays because of the synthetic fertalisers. Which is why you should eat Organic where possible. But the world population is still booming. Its a little crap, to use a 1950's film as an example of maleness , considering as an actor you are selected to play, look and sound a certain way. Like the women were as well. Men where picked to look manly and have a deep voice. Perhaps you could point to an actual scientific study, on a population of people larger than 10.

Using that as a basis of an argument is like comparing being male with Ben Afleck . Or basing modern scientific method on Toy Story 2.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Oh, and to those who say that I have lost my male identity I answer simple this. I have found my identity. Which is as follows:

Be a loving Father and Husband.
Look after those who may not be as fortunate as me.
Do things everyday that I enjoy: See friends, laugh, read a book, play the guitar, learn something new, take a photo of something amazing, go for a walk, play rugby.
Do something good for someone where ever possible: this is where my male body comes into play such as : Help an ederly person with some gardening, carry something heavy for someone, put up a shed, help build something.
Try not to judge people, there for the grace of god goes everyone.
Be a simple kind loving person.
Focus on joy and being happy.

To sum up my ethos:

Live my life with joy, and let my life bring joy to others.

I think I have a pretty clear idea of what it means to be male.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

[
You do not understand what you read. You are so blinded by your point that you probably don't even care to read. I have consistenly defended men in this thread.

And I'm sure you believe this. However you "defenses" where little more than variations on "they're men they can't help it" theme.
From your contention that most males are "toddlers the size of men" to your statement that "All your post proves is that men will put up with just about anything if it means that they might get a slice of the power. As a group, they are readily paid off for their submission in the price of legal control and ownership over other people." to you false contention that domestic violence is higher in homosexual relationships than in lesbian relationships, you have consistently used disinformation and outright lies to paint a picture in which women are inherently better.

According to you women mature faster, are more intelligent, less violent, and more accepting. None of which is actually true.
In the end your"defense comes down to "they can't help screwing the world up, they're men"
In the mean time you have tarred anyone who disagrees with you as a "misogynist" which is a favorite tactic of those whose arguments are built on sand.
Overall, your responses have painted a picture of a condescending misandrist who believes that women are naturally superior creatures that can not blame men for being lesser beings without the wisdom or moral clarity of women since that's the way they were made.

From the assumptions that they aren't needed and from that they need to be LIKE YOU.

Yes, because nothing is more dangerous than a man who thinks for himself eh?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You are distinctly not thinking for yourself. I wish you were. You are a prime example of a guy talking directly from his emotional ego base while trying to pretend authority and logic.

It is so cliché you might as well be a caricature.

oh, and thank you for giving an example of taking direct points and manipulating them to say something that they did not. I mean, at least you read them to find points that you could generalize to the point of misconstruing them.

I'm sure that the dumb weak minded people who never understood what I said to begin with will find that appealing.

[edit on 2009/12/2 by Aeons]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

In that you have eyes, and know that you'll be surfing and going to hooters. And you don't see that lens of assumption is demeaning.

Do you know the concept of sarcasm? Did you actually take that seriously?

I do. However, this sort of sarcasm has a noticeable reverse bias involved that I am responding too. The sarcasm invokes that the woman in comparison does the female equivalent of this. This is what I am responding too. The underlying assumption that your sarcasm is using.

Oh,
There was no assumption.
I was making the implication from experience.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
In the USA some of our men are led by our women too!!

You can't compare a women to a man.A man deals with problems through logic and reason.A women deals with problems through emotions and chance.

Now do you see??They are two different creatures.A majority of women would like to be men.In todays world women want men they can control.
They want an emotional man they can manipulate like a dog on a chain.
Our life spans are shorter do to the pressure of longer hours at our jobs.
The constant pressure of paying our bills and the constant nagging of our women have done this.

You see its the constant nagging that makes us drink more.I thought with todays technology a remote would be invented to mute them.I have my own conspiracy of this technology being held back by women.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

You are distinctly not thinking for yourself. I wish you were.

You mean you wish I was thinking what you want me to think.

You are a prime example of a guy talking directly from his emotional ego base while trying to pretend authority and logic.

Sure, because assuming that those who are sent to fight a war, are the same as those who started a war is "logical", despite all historical evidence to the contrary, is "logical"
Or in the way that defending men by characterizing them as overgrown children is "logical.
I guess that I could "defend" you in the same vein by simply saying "of course you can't be logical, women are emotional creatures" though Idoubt you would see that as much of a defense.

It is so cliché you might as well be a caricature.

Pot, china.

oh, and thank you for giving an example of taking direct points and manipulating them to say something that they did not. I mean, at least you read them to find points that you could generalize to the point of misconstruing them.

Uhuh. You wrote them honey, don't blame me if what you said was plain enough that even a dumb male like me could understand it.

I'm sure that the dumb weak minded people who never understood what I said to begin with will find that appealing.

You sure do love to call names. I wonder if thats because you haven't got a decent argument?
Nahhh.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Apparently the concept of men have been oppressed by women by women being violently disaffected from political, economic and societal power is very popular.

Wake up and smell the coffee. Women didn't set up the system that you think enslaved men to their families. They didn't have the power, politically, economically, socially, religiously or militarily to do so.

Even if your points about working hard are true, it essentially assumes that women did not work (incorrect), that family tending isn't work (incorrect), that women were better off being owned (vastly incorrect), the foundational assumption that this state of affairs was perpetuated BY women ONTO men is patently a lie. An obvious one at that.

In order to perpetuate this obvious lie, you appeal to the "women as manipulative vixens" psychological stereotype. Women as a group, secretly plotting behind the lines to warp men with their wiles to fight wars and work in bad circumstances.

Which really makes no sense whatsoever. The OBVIOUS reason these cultural governance motifs existed is that they were perpetuated by groups that DID have power and could back it up with violence and mite.

That would generally be groups of powerful men.

So if you are willing to embrace something that is such an obvious lie, it is because you have an agenda.

I appreciate that some people out are VERY adept at appealing to some men's hatred and anger and sexual issues, to turn their eyes away from the most obvious truths. Truly, astonishingly cunning.

That you have bought it hook, line, and sinker however and are that easily led is deeply disturbing.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

In that you have eyes, and know that you'll be surfing and going to hooters. And you don't see that lens of assumption is demeaning.

Do you know the concept of sarcasm? Did you actually take that seriously?

I do. However, this sort of sarcasm has a noticeable reverse bias involved that I am responding too. The sarcasm invokes that the woman in comparison does the female equivalent of this. This is what I am responding too. The underlying assumption that your sarcasm is using.

Oh,
There was no assumption.
I was making the implication from experience.

That experience is a very limited pool from which to draw upon. And if figures higher in your brain from being tied to strong emotions.

Having worked, and being at home - and I am paid well - NOTHING I have EVER done is as hard as being at home with children 24/7 with little back up and no breaks. I have nothing but lasting repect for the legions of stay-at-home Moms and Dads .....that are not surfing bon-bon eaters.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Bullies are Bullies - - no matter the gender.

Men tend to have very delicate egos.

"Bashing" - - I'd say that's up to debate if it is true bashing or delicate ego.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Ya think. I was a full time stay at home dad for 7 yrs. It wasn't a picnic. I had all sorts of grandiose plans. None of which came to fruition. Funny, the only people who looked askance at me were men. The gals knew what was up.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishing
In the USA some of our men are led by our women too!!

You can't compare a women to a man.

A man deals with problems through logic and reason.

A women deals with problems through emotions and chance.

I prefer Logic and Reasoning.

Emotions are what you share mostly with loved ones.

Chance? Not me. Prefer Logic and Reasoning.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I'll say it once again,
If everything in the world were 50/50 between men and women, in essence 'fair' then things would still be just as screwed up in this world. Maybe they would be screwed up in a different way, but they still would be a mess.

I'm reminded of the story where women in a tribe decided that they didn't want men around because they were too violent. They got what they wanted and for decades had an all woman society wherin they only had enough males for procreation and murdered the male babies when they were born. It was an actual tribe that existed. The women were not more enlightened, they simply murdered babies to create their ideal of peace.

I watch the 'abortion issue' with the same feelings. Nearly 50 million murders since the 70's just here in the states based on the rights of a woman to 'choose'.

That comes out to about one in six american women murdering a baby in the last 35 years or so.

Yes. Society has been male dominated throughout human history and society has a long way to go towards making things fair.
The problem is, when they get to be in charge, women tend to be much more destructive than men. They are just as bad but in different ways.

Yes. Society is male dominated.

Maybe it isn't hate that has created this situation as you would like people to believe. Maybe, it is the fact that given the chance, women are more dangerous to the species than men.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I haven't once claimed that the World would be better if men were instead oppressed by women. Nor that women are obviously better potential leaders.

Nor do I suggest that the whole world would become a utopia if men and women were equal in all ways.

It would sure have a greater potential though, if one half the population wasn't oppressed by the other half, and that half was mostly being paid off in vaginas to not buck the big boys.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizan
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Ya think. I was a full time stay at home dad for 7 yrs. It wasn't a picnic. I had all sorts of grandiose plans. None of which came to fruition. Funny, the only people who looked askance at me were men. The gals knew what was up.

I was a stay at home mom. Knowing you are responsible for both the physical care & raising the minds of children to find their place in this world is incredibly challenging. Not to mention all the other stuff that goes along with taking care of a home.

Getting up and going to work everyday is far easier.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join