It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I did a ouija board the other night

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
A person I knew had a go once, and after that bad luck started happening to him, he felt like something was watching him all the time, following.
One day at the local pub after closing[he worked there], a glass of beer that was on one end of the bar slid across to the other and smashed itself onto the floor in front of him.
Another time while watching tv, a video player on top misteriously started leaking water and running down the tv's screen, tasting it was salty. after pulling the video apart it was completly dry.
Another was when snakes started appearing from a hole in the floorboards and sliding across the room and back down the hole.
(even though later after pulling the sheeting off the walls there was found a large 6' snake curled up behind the sheeting).
yes, he was terrified, and put these experiences down to using that board and the bad luck that follows him.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Interesting post. My daughters played with a board one afternoon in 1988 as teens during a school break. They tried to contact the spirit of my mother and all they got was a big mess when a bowl of popcorn arose by itself on a coffee table several feet away and flipped over.

Shall we say as they freaked out and cleaned up the mess the game ended very quickly.

The boards are something not to be messed with by the average person and the issue of sorcery is addressed in the Bible.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by airforce47

So why is it that there is absolutely NO PROOF AT ALL of these wild claims that always arise when someone partakes in a ouija board session. Nothing at all, not a jot, just people sat round with fingers on a glass and playing spot the spook. I mean this game has been with us for a long time now, it's even sold in Toys R Us yet there is no supporting evidence of anything supernatural about them - which begs the question, why?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Now, my friend went absoloutly white and you could see that he was freaked out... we then asked how she died and the spirit spelled out. CAR... my friend became even more freaked out. Then we asked what kind of Car it was that she died in and it proceeded to spell out, RELIANT ROBIN... It was at this point that my friend told me that his Auntie was dead, her name was Kym, that she died in a car accident and what car was she in??? You guessed it she was in a Reliant Robin..........

[edit on 2-12-2009 by xiphoid]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xiphoid

I can understand this as I had a similar experience 35 odd years ago.

My mates and I were fooling around with the seance thing and I still remember to this day the shock I got when the glass spelled out the following message:

"Peter (*name of person*) calls"

I was the only one in the room who knew the person mentioned. She was staying at my house (15 minutes away) and this totally freaked me out. It was 3am & I raced home to see if she was ok - which she was, fortunately. But to those who say that this is all baloney, I can assure you it is not.

I will never forget this experience and I have and never will have muck around with seances and ouija boards agian and advise everyone else to do likewise.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Well this takes me back. Ive messed w/ the O-Board a few times and nothing bad ever happened when i did this w/ friends. But when i was 18 in a half, i got hooked by it and did it alone until i was 20. I messed w/ it every day for 2 whole years and durin that time, it only seemed like a few weeks and not 2 years, very peculiar right? But then nearing th end of the second year, things happened, weird crazy Sh# Crap that i cant begin to explain. Weird dreams&Nightmares, i actually saw a spectre, and was by far the most hideous thing i had seen. I would explain what it looked like but thats a different story. Afterward i stayed off the board for a max of 3 days, but i was back to it again. I wanted to learn what the spectre i saw really was. Well, i saw some creepy messed up stuff, i had to fight what i saw and resolve the problem. The thing i saw was a Ghast. But that was not the last thing i encountered. I was in a tremendous amount of mental and emotional pain, but i still played w/ the board. WHY? Because i was obsessed w/ it, i nolonger trusted my own ESP and i was impatient, so i used the board as a type of psychic crutch. It did more harm than good.

When i was 20, i suffered a massive shock to all my chakras, my 3rd eye chakra went shut. I had some type of paralysis, like sleep paralisis, only i was awake, an di was struggling to stay alive. I then saw and heard things that i can only describe as Angelic. Beings that talked sense into me. And i havent touched the board since. I do not advice anyone to use an O-board unless there is absolutely no other way to receive answers from beyond and you need guidance and have tried everything else. But i caution you, BE CAREFUL and never let it control you!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

Hey, thread crasher! Take it outside, will you?
You are not among your likes here and the topic is not about weather an Ouija board works or not.

Your stand is not "healthy sceptical", it's just indecent and thick headed.
You would not recognize "proof" if it was held up in front of you.

Apparently, you do not believe in these things for some reason, and that is your choice/loss. Maybe you just haven't got that far in life just yet, maybe you never will either.
But judging from your attitude, as seen so far, you are doing it wrong.
Seems all too obvious you are in it for a cheap laugh and to feel big.
Too bad you can't see that you are failing and giving yourself an unfavourable image.

How the hell should one be able to "video tape" a Ouija session anyhow?
What would that "prove"?

Let's just keep it cool, alrihgt?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I have early faint memories of playing with a Ouija board as a little kid.

I remember someone explaining what it was to me and feeling scared. And I think I remember using it, I'm not sure tho. It's funny but I had some problem with an imaginary friend around this time or early child hood.

I fixed the problem around the age of 5 years old by telling my friend to fudge off. Not sure if it had anything to do with the board but it was all around the same time.

Scary stuff.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raud

Hey, thread crasher! Take it outside, will you?
You are not among your likes here and the topic is not about weather an Ouija board works or not.

Tell someone who cares. This whole website is about denying ignorance and all you are doing is propagating it, I will not leave because I share a different view to you or because you think you can bully me - what a load of rubbish. Who the hell are you to tell me where and when I can post?

Seems all too obvious you are in it for a cheap laugh and to feel big.

Utter tosh yet again, what have you personally done in the field of paranormal research? Nothing I doubt, anyone with an ounce of common sense could see the benefits in recording a ouija board session for later study, especially when there are wild claims of the planchette/glass moving under it's own volition with nobody touching it.

If anyone is trying to make themselves out to be the alpha dog it's your dear self, as evidenced by your post. All it consisted off was, "look buddy I can talk down to you because I am better and you don't agree, so go away before I make you". Have you actually added anything to the topic? No.

I will offer a challenge to ouija board believers; extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Video a session with controlled questions in a controlled environment and upload it to ATS media so we can see if there's anything paranormal going on.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

if you're going to do a seance with a ouija board again, take a DV camera or two (or even a laptop with a webcam to record) so at least we can see something of your experiments and this glass moving of it's own accord.

It was a spare of the moment decision so there was no thought about getting a camera for proof... I did not intend to post about it anywhere until a few days later, I then thought that I would like to share the experience with people here on ATS.

However next time if we do it again, yes I will film it... however I don't see how that would be proof to you as you seem intent on dissmissing anything that is put to you, so even if it were REAL proof you wouldn't accept it I don't think. Just as well that I'm not here to please you and prove anything to you then isn't it Goatheif!

Resentedhalo08.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Tyxquarra Xxxendra HoTTch

Woah now that certainly isn't healthy... that would have been a HUGE red flag above your head (metaphorically) saying to all the negative spirits/energies around you that you were in a lower vibrational state, of which they are too... hence attracting them to you.

I do not advice anyone to use a Ouija board as a "Psychic Crutch", as you cannot TRUELY verify the authencity of the messages gained through them... negative spirits/energies will either out and out spout evil to you or actually be nice to you for a period of time to gain your trust, in doing that I believe a persons vibrational level will then begin to sync with that of the spirit/energy and then that is where they will get nasty, once they have total control over you.

I'm glad that you recieved guidance from some angelic beings which showed you that it was not healthy to be relying on the Ouija board...

Resentedhalo08.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08
However next time if we do it again, yes I will film it... however I don't see how that would be proof to you as you seem intent on dissmissing anything that is put to you, so even if it were REAL proof you wouldn't accept it I don't think.

Well you assume wrong, don't you? I've actually found EVPs in fellow member's videos which had gone unnoticed, I believe that there are plenty of unexplained happenings that might have a supernatural explanation, yet as above to prove fantastic claims you have to have the evidence.

Whenever someone makes a post on ouija boards in this section hordes of believers (usually Christian) descend like flies to a carcass with stories of woe, death and all that rubbish, yet not one thus far has provided a single shred of evidence at all. It's mass hysteria of epic proportions.

You seem to have your head quite well grounded Resented (apart from signing your name after every post), and I understand it may have been a spur of the moment thing and I take no issue with that in and of itself. That much should be obvious yet this is a place to deny ignorance, expect to have your views challenged often, especially the ones that are a bit 'out there' or nonsensical. Why not be the first to perform a controlled experiment on ouija boards for ATS? You obviously are inclined to experiment and had apparently good results the first time so why not repeat it and aid the study of the paranormal (the point of this whole section).

Lately there has been too much junk with little or no substance, let's get get it back on track. I'll be glad to help in any way possible.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Fair enough Goathief you pose a good argument!

Next time I do a Ouija board I will be sure to film it... also I shall also do the experiment where layers of circular cards, divided into four segments, are placed upon the glass to see if there is a force being exerted by any persons present.

Resentedhalo08. (and that's just force of habit)

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Resentedhalo08]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
After reading this thread, the cage that holds back the thick-headed, gung-ho, nothing can touch me Marinebeastguythingman has been broken and is barely holding it in.

I've never touched one of those things before because I've heard mixed things and a part of me, small part, doesn't want to get caught up in the fray. If these things really have the power to bring forth some nasty garbage, why bother with it? If this thing really has that much power, why would Milton-Bradley still be making them? Unless, MB really is that evil corporation bent on world domination through demonic means and mass destruction through board games. .... Nah, that's a little far fetched.

I gotta know for myself. I gotta bring forth proof so once and for all this myth can be proven or busted. I will take a Ouija Board, a group of my closest buddies and we're going to record our little session. I'll do some research before doing it. But, I have to say, it's going to be a group of skeptics. So this is going to be brutal. We will most likely not be subtle or polite. This is something I could possible change, just not sure I will. If I'm going to bring proof, it's going to be extreme proof. Hell, I'll even keep my camera on me at all times so that if something crazy happens, I can draw my camera in hopes of catching it.

Pretty sure some of you people are going to be highly against this, but if I can bring proof forth, I sure as heck will bring it to you without a shadow of a doubt.

Final note: I'm not 100% about doing it, really. This is just what the beast in the weak, battered cage will do. He's still behind the was-steel-now-aluminum cage, but barely. Depending if there are any replies to this post and what those posts contain will determine if that beast is unleashed or the cage repairs itself.

Out.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I spent eight years as a Christian witch, medium, and ghost hunter. A Ouija board...despite it's reputation as a game...is an open conduit to a very real spiritual world and should not be used. I'm honestly not surprised you had a "positive" experience...that is how people get drawn into occult practices.

The question is...what was being contacted and how can you trust the answers being given not to be a deception? The answer is...you cannot know.

Here's why I quit if your ever interested. My blog called "When Demons Scream: bigfishministries.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldDisorder
reply to post by Raud

Does it strike you or anyone else a little odd that any kid can walk in to a Toys "R" Us and pick one of these things up with money that Grandma gave them in a birthday card?

I use to be exactly the same. Every year for either birthday or christmas, my dad would take my brother and I (it was just us two then) to get something...and I liked board games, but I've always been drawn to that ouija board...but of course I was like 5 or 6 years old and didn't know what it was until later on.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raud

One of the weirdest times was when the spirit kept counting down numbers. If I remember correctly, it started at 90-something and all answers were given in a lower number, in order.
When I asked right out what the deal was with the numbers, the reply was "because you deserve it".
I have absolutely no idea what the meaning of that was.

Interesting... Maybe they did not like you and each time you asked a question it took one year away from your life span!

But then again.... I have been watching to much Twilight Zone lately.

EDIT TO ADD: This was meant to be a joke, not a serious possible explanation for your experience.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

The Ideomotor effect is what causes people to think Ouija boards work.

They don't. No evidence for their efficacy has ever been established. None. And that's after decades of people trying mercilessly to get such evidence. The rest of your experience can easily be chalked up to you expecting something spooky to happen, such as the cold sensation/chills, and the content of the 'messages'.

Ouija boards were never intended to be used to contact the dead, but for people to connect with their subconscious.

You didn't talk to ghosts, but to yourselves.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join