It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I did a ouija board the other night

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I was over my friends house over the weekend and on Sunday night we decided to make ourselves a ouija board, now... there will be people reading this saying, "you idiot's!!" and "What on earth was you thinking!" etc. I am perfectly aware that it can sometimes be dangerous if it isn't done in the correct way... I took all the precautions, using a peice of flat plywood which was laminated with plastic on the one side, using an old glass which could later be discarded. Also saying a prayer and envisioning a bright white light surrounding us etc.

Now... allow me to tell you what happened!

This was both our first time and we both assured eachother that we were going to do it properly, no being stupid and pushing the glass around to fool eachother.

We started off by saying a prayer and then asking if there were any spirits present and that we were requesting only contact with peacefull and good energies/spirits.

The glass was moving very slowly at first and we was unsure if it was working or not, we asked if there was somebody who wished to talk to us, the glass slowly moved over to the yes marker. We asked if the spirit was male or female and it indicated that it was female, we then asked it spell out it's name. It then picked up a bit of speed, first going to a K and then to a Y and then to M then it went back to the centre, spelling out KYM.

Now, my friend went absoloutly white and you could see that he was freaked out... we then asked how she died and the spirit spelled out. CAR... my friend became even more freaked out. Then we asked what kind of Car it was that she died in and it proceeded to spell out, RELIANT ROBIN... It was at this point that my friend told me that his Auntie was dead, her name was Kym, that she died in a car accident and what car was she in??? You guessed it she was in a Reliant Robin.

We then asked the spirit if it had anything to tell us... it indicated NO and then said Goodbye.

Next we asked if there were anymore spirits that wished to communicate with us... it suddenly got very cold in the room and the hair was standing up on our necks and legs. This spirit was powerful, the glass moved a LOT faster... we asked if it was a male or female and it indicated that was a male. We asked for the spirits name and it said he was called, LIAM... we asked for the spirits age when he passed over and he went to the 7 and then to the 0 indicating 70. We then asked wether it had anything to tell us and it proceeded to spell out, O L L I E. Which is infact my friends younger brothers name! My friend then told me that his younger brother Ollie had infact seen the spirit of an old man standing in the garden some years earlier. We asked if it had anything else to tell us, here we got some letters which seemed like total gibberish... letters like, W L S and W J S and also O D O X... we have yet to find out if they actually mean anything. The last thing it said to us was ADIEU, which I believe is French for farewell? We took that as our cue to finish up, we closed down with another prayer.

That was our experience... what do you all think? I would very much appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

Thanks,

Resentedhalo08.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Resentedhalo08]

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Resentedhalo08]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
thats pretty cool

i personally wouldnt do a ouija board (to chicken)

but im glad you had a good experience and not a scary one

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Don't have much more to add than: cool!

As long as you guys were in on what you were doing and any possible consquences that could follow, I would say you did nicely

Remember though; with such a productive first attempt, you might feel the urge to do it again...and again.
One time, it might get too far.
Then, it might not be so funny anymore.
Just sayin'.

Feeling a cold breeze is never a good sign, and not all spirits are happy campers.
When doing this, you are opening a channel for them to communitcate, which in itself is just fine. But if you give them too much space, they might want to strengthen their influence with the help of your own collective energies and in fact, make "entry", so to speak.
And it is much easier to let them in than shut them out.

Most people would say that you pushed the glass on purpose, or by subconsiously, and that might be true in some cases, but not all.

These spirits do exist, there is absolutely not an ounce of doubt in my mind about that. I did my share of Ouija back in the days, but now I have understood that if you are not ready for the worst and able to deal with it, you should stay off it. Far off.

Take care, and keep it on the level!

/Raud

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hi.

I won't be judging you for doing the Ouija board, as I've done it myself on many occasions and had a great deal of fun with it.
For the most part, I've found that if users show due respect, and try to engage in some kind of civilised conversation, things rarely go far wrong.
Just in case things DID go wrong, I learned 'The Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram', which did actually come in handy a couple of times when certain participants decided it would be fun to start messing about.
I can't really do it nowadays though, as my partner would freak out if I did it in our house.

Nice one.

Edit to add: And I would definitely go along with what Raud says.

I.A.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Illegal Alien]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Interesting seance.
But u started it very easy.
If u wanna go on with it u should get more knowlege about spirits and astral beings.

And what is much more important, learn the magical and astral safety "rules"!
Not only magical circles, but more about symbols, names and the rule about them.

Don´t forget safety and... everything comes back, three times more!!!

Peace

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
One of the oldest sayings in the world, is be careful what you wish for.

Do you understand where i am going with this on this subject?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
When I was about 18 I had some friends over for a Ouija board night, at the time I was only a partial believer in the abilities of a chunk of plastic and cardboard.

Well, things can get very real very quickly...I won't delve in to my experience but I can tell you that it was very intense and real as a heart attack. I haven't touched one since and assure you that I never will.

Be careful, it's not even close to a game. If anyone tries to convince you otherwise they are wrong and I don't know about you, but I wouldn't be interested in participating in what could likely result in an unfortunate mishap just to prove a point.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by NewWorldDisorder]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
On a side note;

when I used to do this, we just drew the letters, numbers and such on a plain piece of paper and used a glass as a marker.
The Ouija boards that one might get in the shop are just fancy stuff.

I even did a session on my own, but the glass moved veeery slowly and sporadic. I asked if I needed more than one person to do it, the glass crept ever so slowly towards "YES". Then, transmission ended.

One of the weirdest times was when the spirit kept counting down numbers. If I remember correctly, it started at 90-something and all answers were given in a lower number, in order.
When I asked right out what the deal was with the numbers, the reply was "because you deserve it".
I have absolutely no idea what the meaning of that was.

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread.
This was about your experience.
Sorry

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Does it strike you or anyone else a little odd that any kid can walk in to a Toys "R" Us and pick one of these things up with money that Grandma gave them in a birthday card?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
So who moved the thing...you or your friends. If you believed in this sort of thing..then are already easily influenced and it would not take much for you or your friends to subconsciencly move it. Proven facts that no one can dispute..it isn't paranormal just your mind or your friends mind at work.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

The events surrounding my Ouija experience were not centered around the board itself because, you're right, anyone can move a piece of plastic around a board. It's things turn from a spiritual to a physical experience that I believe most of us draw the line.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

Very nice, I did a board one time with three friends.... The spirt ended up knowing me, but I did not know who the spirt was... Turned out it was the spirt of my grandma (birth dad) who had left me when I was 6 months old... Weird huh.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldDisorder

Does it strike you or anyone else a little odd that any kid can walk in to a Toys "R" Us and pick one of these things up with money that Grandma gave them in a birthday card?

No; it does not strike me as odd.

A group of us played extensively with the board as children. A Ouija board is a fun game. Nothing more. If you like giving yourselves goosebumps, be my guest. Just don't think it means anything beyond a measure of your imagination.

If you want to prove their is something to the board, don't touch the pointer directly but connect yourself to the pointer with supported wire or string. You'll find out just how active those "spirits" really are. Zero. Zip. Nada.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I hope everything is wells with you because I heard ouija board always a bad luck, my familys refused to touch it because didn't want to spread bad luck onto my generation of family..

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldDisorder

Yeah, that is kind of sick.
But given the fact that the general masses are taught not to believe in the spirits realms, it makes sense.

If some chose to live in denial for some reason, be it upbringing, fear, lack of interest or whatever, they are free to do so. But from what I have learned, through studies and personal experiences, I would be rather upset if I found any of my future kids fooling around with a Ouija or any of the like.

One of my big inspirations, Paracelsus, once said that there is no need at all for any medallions, chants, scrolls or any type of tools to invoke the supernatural; it is all in the mind. The accessories are just to strengthen your own conviction or just for comfort or concentration.
Same goes for the Ouija.

The problem might still be, however, that the Ouija works all too well in the hands of a total layman.

Still, I feel it important to add that in the vast majority of the cases, nothing bad will happen during a session.
It's a little like having a gun at home. It is just dangerous once things go out of hand.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by praxis

Originally posted by NewWorldDisorder

No; it does not strike me as odd.

A group of us played extensively with the board as children. A Ouija board is a fun game. Nothing more. If you like giving yourselves goosebumps, be my guest. Just don't think it means anything beyond a measure of your imagination.

If you want to prove their is something to the board, don't touch the pointer directly but connect yourself to the pointer with supported wire or string. You'll find out just how active those "spirits" really are. Zero. Zip. Nada.

To each their own. Our experiences have obviously differed greatly, while mine wasn't directly related to the "board" it was directly related to carelessness with the board.

I will always have my doubts about the effectiveness of Ouija as a means of communication with the other side, but I stand firm on the fact of these 'toys' possessing a potentially demonic commorant that amateurs should not be participating in.

This is just my take on it, I'm not by any means calling you wrong so don't take it the wrong way.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Thank you all very much for you replies...

With regards to showing respect to the spirits/energies which we contacted it was my number one priority to be curtious, not to swear or show any kind of agression or anything else when doing this. I am perfectly aware when you envoke these things that emotions are VERY powerfull, when we were doing the Ouija board we asked if the spirit liked, OLLIE, my friends younger brother... the spirit involved showed a more drastic response when faced with such question as it involved emotion. Luckily it said that it did like Ollie and we also asked if it was looking over (protecting) my friends family which it also replied with a YES.

I understand that where you do these things and the way which you do a ouija board is important and I believe we did it successfully without attracting the attention of any malicious or harmfull spirits/energies.

One thing that I would like to add however is me and my friend went up to his bedroom and he then went back downstairs to get some food and he did notice that one of the kitchen chairs had moved. So yes we did strengthen any energies involved.... Also I have been investigating the paranormal for many many years, since I was a young child and have a good working knowledge of how these things work! so to put anyone's mind at rest with thinking that something bad could of happened.

I agree with the person saying that, if you have a good experience with a Ouija board you are then more inclined to try it more often and then you are possibly opening yourself up to the more powerfull, darker spirits/energies. Next time we shall leave the Ouija board alone and concentrate on a Seance...

Resentedhalo08.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Resentedhalo08]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

I've yet to see an example of a ouija board "gone bad" or have any provable effect on someone's well being that wasn't their own doing.

Now it's a cool story but it's easily explained, your friend was subconsciously moving the glass - all the information that was given he already knew. He was undoubtedly shaken by the experience which implies that he should not being doing ouija boards in the first place, that is how harm is done (not by some magic demon). Believe me, this is with almost certainty the answer - I've even experienced it first hand myself via automatic writing. Once with my own experimentation and the other time related to a TV special on seances by a gentleman called Darren Brown. I suggest you track that down on the internet and try it yourself, it makes for great viewing and education.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

That's a very skeptical position.... subconsciously moving the glass? hmmmm I find that hard to believe as we periodically took our finger off the glass one by one and it was still moving and spelling out these words, I knew nothing of his aunties car accident... so surely by your logic I was subconsciously doing it aswell? As I have said each of our finger's were leaving the glass... His more than mine... So therefore if it was a mix of him and myself doing it subconsciously then there would infact be a jumble of information, not a coherrent message that we got, as I knew NOTHING previously about his auntie.

Also, with regards to "so called" Ideo-Motor movement.... I understand how that works and to test that idea when we was doing the Ouija board I was in my head willing the glass to certain letters, if it were a case of Ideo-Motor movement then then there would be a high percentage of the times that the glass moved to the letters that I was willing it to in my head at the time... I can assure you, at NO time did it go to ANY of the letters I was willing it to.

You mistake me for somebody who has not previously researched such matters... I have watched a lot of Derren Brown in the past. What you neglect to mention is the that the situation has been well thought out by him prior to the said "trick" so therefore it is going to be owing to such psychological and showmanship tricks that he employs. So that argument as far as I am concerned is entirely redundant.

Resentedhalo08.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Resentedhalo08]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08
reply to post by Goathief

That's a very skeptical position....

A healthy one, yes.

subconsciously moving the glass? hmmmm I find that hard to believe as we periodically took our finger off the glass one by one and it was still moving and spelling out these words

So the glass was moving by itself? Interesting, got any video evidence of that? No? Didn't think so.

I can assure you, at NO time did it go to ANY of the letters I was willing it to.

That's the whole point, I was not willing anything with my automatic writing tests - my hand just moved by itself. If you're "willing" something of this nature you're missing the point entirely and understand little.

So if you're going to do a seance with a ouija board again, take a DV camera or two (or even a laptop with a webcam to record) so at least we can see something of your experiments and this glass moving of it's own accord.

<<   2 >>

join