It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to deploy 30,000 troops to Afghanistan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by airlouche
In my opinion, the 30 000 additional troops are the buid up for the next step: Iran.

I wouldn't be surprised..OR that these troops are about to head to Pakistan, with this force coming up [i support it] more Taliban are moving into Pakistan, which is already happening..Although thats dangerous for the obvious reasons, Pakistan is more able to enforce its law within its territory then its neighbour..

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by TheCoffinman

If there aren't 100,000 terroists in Afghanistan then why are there 100,000 soldiers from various countries?

Sounds stupid but no, my question is WHAT ARE THEY DOING THERE?
I mean really, what are they doing there?

Not in the sense of the obvious what are they doing there because they shouldn't be there, but if there aren't 100K worth of threats then why 100K troops? Even let's say 3 soldiers per terroist, is there even that many terroists?

What's going on here?

Some say theyre there to protect America's interest in the opium fields there

www.opioids.com...

The UN Drug Report itself has graphs showing the increase in opium production after 2001. Before the war, Muslim Taliban leaders were destroying opium fields like crazy. Its against their religion after all. Afghani opium provided something like 3% of the worlds supply. AFTER the invasion Afghanistan has set production records every year except this past one. They even grow so much opium that the UN Drug Report states that the DECREASE in production that occurred this year is still3 TIMES THE TOTAL AMOUNT PRODUCED BY THE REST OF THE WORLD! Mainly in the Golden Triangle in Eastern Asia around Thailand.

You also have to question why the US considers Columbia to be its strongest Latin/South American ally. Yes, this is the same Colombia that exports enormous amounts of coc aine.

You also have to wonder why other Latin American countries, like Bolivia, are kicking out the CIA for interfering with their drug control efforts. the CIA prevented the Bolivian govt from burning fields and the CIA also started uprisings against the government drug controllers.

The War on Drugs has become the War on Terrorism. Its all about undocumented money.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join