It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to deploy 30,000 troops to Afghanistan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

It's irrelevant whether it is 2012 election cause or not, Obama stated his policies on Afghanistan before elections and the man is doing them . He is standing by his words on Afghanistan, no matter whichever way you want to spin it into.

maybe not relevant to you, but it is to me, especially when he is playing politics with our troops.

I could care less about his promises kept or not.

If you want to defend on his promises go ahead.

March 2009 new strategy from obama

On Mar. 27, 2009, Obama announced a “comprehensive new strategy” for Afghanistan, saying that this policy came after careful review by military commanders and diplomats, government officials in Afghanistan, NATO allies, and members of Congress. “The situation is increasingly perilous,” said Obama, and “the safety of people around the world is at stake.”

Sept 2009 Waiting for right strategy. Guess first one wasn't comprehensive enough.

Obama said he was not willing to send troops “beyond what we already have” until he was sure the United States was employing the right strategy in the region. Currently, there are about 56,000 U.S. troops in Afghanistan. McChrystal says an additional 40,000 is needed to effectively implement a counterinsurgency strategy and bring political and civil order to the country.

www.cnsnews.com...

Bold emphasis mine. Should I take this as a broken promise. I'll be dang if healthcare hasn't been his number one priority.

But our real focus has to be on Afghanistan, the border regions between Afghanistan and Pakistan. And we have to put as much pressure on them as possible. I've already, you know, spoken to my national security team about how we're going to do that. And I'm confident that we can keep them on the run, and ensure that they cannot train terrorists to attack our homeland. That's my number one priority as President of the United States.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Unbelievable!

especially considering at how many times he was against sending more troops to Afghanistan like it highlights in this video.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
i know what you mean, he went on and on about how adding more troops was a bad idea.
i guess his true colors are finally showing
just another puppet...
great vid

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
wow. one of obamas promises was to pull troops out. what happened with that?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

At right about the 1:00 mark in the video, he specifically states, "It is my view that strategically, for us to perpetuate this war in Iraq, the way that John McCain has proposed, and neglect the extraordinary problems that we're seeing in Afghanistan..."

So in the video YOU POSTED, he is stating that it's a mistake to perpetuate the war in Iraq and to neglect the one in Afghanistan. Many, many times throughout the remainder of that video, he singly mentions Iraq by name and does not mention Afghanistan again.

It's your fault you misunderstood, not Obama's. The words were clear as day, and available to be played back to you all over YouTube.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

OK I see you like word symantics and word games. Here is a video from the "horse's mouth" then....

Obama and his promises

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
What did y'all think he's gonna do with Afghanistan? he's simply doing the bidding of the Terrorism/Industrial Complex and Big Oil there is no way in hell we are ever gonna leave the region not with all those oil and natural gas deposits laying around.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by December_Rain

30,000 is more than two additional brigades
it's more like 7 or 8

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Well, no. But the United States is not afraid of going it alone. Two different things entirely.

The united states GOVT. is stupid enough to go at it almost alone would be a much better summary.

the United States is against this war

[edit on 1-12-2009 by ModernAcademia]

I myself am a construing element of the United States, and I am most certainly NOT against the War, nor is anyone who I know, so therefore you do not speak for this Nation as a whole.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
It truly surprises me that we still have truly naive and ignorant dimwits on this site who continue to defend Obama and his actions. Undoubtedly stubborn liberal left leaning Obamatons who just cant accept the fact that Obama is a liar,scumbag who serves only his global elite masters. What I cant seem to wrap around my brain is how a few of these recent posters are attempting to defend his sending of 30,000 troops to their death for no reason. I realize that this is not characteristic of most of our intelligent ATS crowd. For I would say, many of the true ATSers are quite intelligent individuals. But to defend Obama and to say his actions are justified....I have one thing to say....What friggin planet are you living on? Are you f***n crazy? I apologize for being harsh, but to make statements like this you must either be a paid government poster or a very new comer to the rabbit hole. Educate your self before you defend Obama and his actions.....he is a puppet..yes...but he should also be hung for treason for countless other violations. Obama is a fraud....he is a joke.....and now his actions to protect the poppy and heroin fields in Afghanistan for sale by our CIA to the rest of the world , will result in thousands more troops dying . If we support this people...the blood is on our hands.....

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
reply to post by vor78

Those who voted for Obama knew before election what his policies/promises were and he is doing what he said he would. If you doubt it, then read all posts in this thread. There are links to facts. Deny Ignorance

You may have understood what he was saying but I think the majority were looking at his tan

Eye Opening Video

Don't think that just because you may be someone who is informed the majority is also, sounds like these people don't know what day it is. (Not just on Obama's side but on all sides, the most dangerous thing in the world is an uneducated voter! You had said that people knew what they were voting for and I disagree.)

[edit on 02/04/2009 by Cool Breeze]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Obama has the most ill informed voter base of any president ever. And while that may offend some it is nevertheless the truth.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
In my opinion, the 30 000 additional troops are the buid up for the next step: Iran.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by airlouche
In my opinion, the 30 000 additional troops are the buid up for the next step: Iran.

What's in between Iraq and Afghanistan?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

If they listened to him knowing what they were voting for they have no reason to complaint and those who didn't knew why they voted can continue living like sheeple as they certainly don't have that right.

You're absolutely correct, but I think you're giving them way too much credit. Across the political spectrum...conservatives, liberals and moderates... there's a significant minority of voters who are absolutely clueless about the specifics of their candidate's platform beyond a few general slogans. There's no doubt in my mind that a fair share of Obama supporters fit that description, too, and in fact, it was evident on numerous occasions even here at ATS last fall and even in this very thread.

It amazes me that they're surprised by this decision to send troops to Afghanistan...but I knew a lot of them would be. His plans to do so were stated plain as day on his campaign website last fall.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by vor78]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Viper73

and

Originally posted by mikelee

Originally posted by Bombeni
Did I dream it, or did Obama campaign that he would immediately start bringing troops home from middle east if he were elected?

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Bombeni]

Yes he DID say exactly that. Some poeple like to play the forget game when it comes to their "obama-god".

Video of Obama saying he will bring home troops

[edit on 1-12-2009 by mikelee]

Again, Deny Ignorance.

Obama: Promises on Afghanistan & Iraq

[edit on 2-12-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Viper73

and

Originally posted by mikelee

Originally posted by Bombeni
Did I dream it, or did Obama campaign that he would immediately start bringing troops home from middle east if he were elected?

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Bombeni]

Yes he DID say exactly that. Some poeple like to play the forget game when it comes to their "obama-god".

Video of Obama saying he will bring home troops

Again, Deny Ignorance.

Obama: Promises on Afghanistan & Iraq

[edit on 2-12-2009 by December_Rain]

And so it goes on. It seems that the Obama comes in too many flavors to really pin one down to anyone's liking uh? One video he says one thing and in another, he says something totally different & contrasting to the previous one.

Surprising uh? Well, not really.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Semantics and word games? Haha. Okay, if that's what you want to call "Listening to what somebody said and actually understanding it," then be my guest. It's making you look uninformed and ignorant, though.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It is time to wake up America if you havent done so before listen now to radiojihad.org... its time to act. to take back this none constitutional gov to declare war on our own land and to put a stop to the take over of our country are you with me or with them? we must act before more soldiers deploy to there death for no reason.
wake up arm yourself and lets fight the real enemy our gov and shariah law. and fire Obama before its to late. im gathering my forces and we are ready to strick back are you?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
reply to post by mikelee

Semantics and word games? Haha. Okay, if that's what you want to call "Listening to what somebody said and actually understanding it," then be my guest. It's making you look uninformed and ignorant, though.

Knowing how to listen is greatly more beneficial than just hearing.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The constitutionally pledged troops are going to an area that is right inbetween Russia and Iran.

I suggest everyone stock up on non-perishables. This next while would most likely be when TPTB will stage against their own people a great catastrope, false flag, and then use this to start ww3 that will involve Iran and Russia perhaps, at least Iran. Not only this, but then declare martial law with their hidden foreign militia and black water mercenaries.

This is an opinion of what the might be going to attempt shortly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join