It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal of War on Terror

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I wonder Why USA Relies on UAVs, Guided Missiles and Precision Guided Munitions instead Varied Weapon Systems During War on Terror in Terms of offensive Technology?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
coz it's a war on/of terror; every time a soldier dies, the people back home are terrified. every time an IED blows up, the taxpayers personally feel as if they have been terrorised. so we try to hit back by terrorizing the terrorists with our terrifying mechanical monsters.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I like how the terrorists are cowards for firing an RPG and running or setting up an IED and running but dropping bombs from robots 4,000 miles away.....that's brave as hell.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I Wonder Why Many Weapon Systems (Mostly Next-gen Weapons that at First largely Made up for War on Terror) are Cancelled Despite the Skyrocketing Military Budget?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

you're wondering about that? its 'coz there are a lot of people who are fattening their pockets through this war on terror you guys are waging and these people feel the need to prolong the war so that they'll be able to spend more money and pocket more for themselves. you think this war will ever end? not likely, just like in the book "1984", there will always be a war happening somewhere. the people who make money off of these wars have to eat y'know.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
reply to post by masonicon

you're wondering about that? its 'coz there are a lot of people who are fattening their pockets through this war on terror you guys are waging and these people feel the need to prolong the war so that they'll be able to spend more money and pocket more for themselves. you think this war will ever end? not likely, just like in the book "1984", there will always be a war happening somewhere. the people who make money off of these wars have to eat y'know.

After Cold War has ended Everything is all about Profit even Wars

[edit on 2-12-2009 by masonicon]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I like how the terrorists are cowards for firing an RPG and running or setting up an IED and running but dropping bombs from robots 4,000 miles away.....that's brave as hell.

This is Can be Overkill Particularly when this used Against Individual human Targets in the middle of the urban area!

[edit on 3-12-2009 by masonicon]

[edit on 3-12-2009 by masonicon]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon
I Wonder Why Many Weapon Systems (Mostly Next-gen Weapons that at First largely Made up for War on Terror) are Cancelled Despite the Skyrocketing Military Budget?

Probably because mercenaries who fight unsung wars are worth far more.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

The Mercenaries that Fight Unsung Wars are Just little more Than Shark Bait For Terrorists!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
have coalition forces tried this already?

The Pershing Doctrine

i'm sure PETA wouldn't mind

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

have coalition forces tried this already?

The Pershing Doctrine

i'm sure PETA wouldn't mind

This can Drive both Muslims and PETA Insane

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

The Mercenaries that Fight Unsung Wars are Just little more Than Shark Bait For Terrorists!

Mercenaries outnumber US soldiers in Iraq. They are better trained and equipped, and capable of doing their jobs without media scruitiny. I'm sure they've done most of the fighting.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Mercenaries outnumber US soldiers in Iraq. They are better trained and equipped, and capable of doing their jobs without media scruitiny. I'm sure they've done most of the fighting.

who's the Mercenaries?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I'm gonna agree...from SOCOM to mercs, the rules are different.

Good or bad...?

Well, do want to win the conflict..? Then yes, they are a vital part of any successful military operation - let's not forget they can be written off just like a charitable donation and used just like any other tool in the shed.

This is 'where' we are at with warfare - like it or not...

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by happygolucky
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I'm gonna agree...from SOCOM to mercs, the rules are different.

Good or bad...?

Well, do want to win the conflict..? Then yes, they are a vital part of any successful military operation - let's not forget they can be written off just like a charitable donation and used just like any other tool in the shed.

This is 'where' we are at with warfare - like it or not...

Why XM2001 Crusader and XM8 Rifle is Cancelled in favor of Currently used but Unreliable Equivalents despite both weapon is made up for War on Terror?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
why the USA and its coalition forces are prefers expensive Bombs, Missiles, and Unmanned aerial Vehicles instead Varied but Somewhat less expensive weapon Systems During War on terror?

[edit on 18-12-2009 by masonicon]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Do you know the technological diversity of USA arsenal during the war on terror is largely absent.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Why XM2001 Crusader and XM8 Rifle is Cancelled in favor of Currently used but Unreliable Equivalents despite both weapon is made up for War on Terror?

because both of these weapon systems you have mentioned are still in the prototype stage. meaning, boffins and techies are still playing with them a bit to get them to work properly. bombs, missiles and unmanned vehicles are less expensive than getting your soldiers killed. wars are supposed to be fought with weapons that will help win the war and for that you don't need technological diversity. what you're going to need are weapons that will work when and where you need them. if i remember correctly, afghan mujahideen fought off the great red soviet army with a bunch of stolen kalashnikovs, some stingers and lots of balls.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

because both of these weapon systems you have mentioned are still in the prototype stage. meaning, boffins and techies are still playing with them a bit to get them to work properly. bombs, missiles and unmanned vehicles are less expensive than getting your soldiers killed. wars are supposed to be fought with weapons that will help win the war and for that you don't need technological diversity. what you're going to need are weapons that will work when and where you need them. if i remember correctly, afghan mujahideen fought off the great red soviet army with a bunch of stolen kalashnikovs, some stingers and lots of balls.

Vast majority of Civilian casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan are caused by Bombs, Missiles, and Unmanned aerial Vehicles and why the US Military Budget is skyrockets despite the weapon system that used by USA are centered around Bombs, Missiles, and Unmanned aerial Vehicles?

[edit on 22-12-2009 by masonicon]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
you still think this war is about preventing civilian casualties? since when did war start giving a damn about civilians? its about gaining a foothold in the middle east, where the ruling government is beholden to the US for its very existence. and one way to do this is to saturate a country with investments. check how much is being spent on the construction efforts in iraq, and how many of these companies are american?

and how do bombs and missiles get to their targets? these things need planes to drop them and tanks to fire them. and those planes and tanks didn't just get there on their own, there's a gigantic logistics trail involved just to launch a uav in iraq and in afghanistan. and that's where the bulk of the huge budget in this war effort goes to.

[edit on 12.23.09 by toreishi]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join