It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current Reality is Dull

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
After reading your initial post and receiving your questions, I find you to be articulately inquisitive and obviously a knowledgeable person.

Why is current reality dull?

You remind me of a good friend of mine that thrived on hearing of natural disasters and news of the macabre. Always needing that rush of intensity for a thrill.

I mean this innocently and whole heartedly. You should try skydiving, bungy jumping, learn to fly a plane or go mountain climbing. I think your a thrilll seeker. Nothing wrong with that and probably a lot of fun.

In regards to the mysteries of life...just keep reading. Your on ATS just like the rest of us to learn from other unique persons and get different perspectives on many different and somewhat esoteric topics.

We are all like children....."Why do zebra's have stripes?" I'm just like you. Looking for answers to questions that don't fit in with current theories and philosophies. I can't answer all your questions; as we are both walking on the same road.

With that, I am closing my responses and hope to see you around on other threads.

Edited to add....I just simply can't buy into revisionist history or the crap crammed down my throat by the public school systems.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by brilab45]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

Asteroid collision? Since when has that been a reality?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod

In the Distant Past

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I wouldn't worry about other people's Truth. What is *your* Truth? That's all that really matters at the end of the day. You're the only one who has to live with yourself. Some of the best advice that I was ever given was 'Stop letting others rent space in your head'. In other words, stop worrying about what other people think. I know that's hard to do, but it's so liberating and peaceful when mastered and makes a HUGE difference in your life. It's your life, your mind, and your reality. Make your life interesting for yourself.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gazerstar

I wouldn't worry about other people's Truth. What is *your* Truth? That's all that really matters at the end of the day. You're the only one who has to live with yourself. Some of the best advice that I was ever given was 'Stop letting others rent space in your head'. In other words, stop worrying about what other people think. I know that's hard to do, but it's so liberating and peaceful when mastered and makes a HUGE difference in your life. It's your life, your mind, and your reality. Make your life interesting for yourself.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by gazerstar]

Vast Majority of today's Humanity has been brainwashed by Global Mainstream Corporate Media!

[edit on 3-12-2009 by masonicon]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon

Originally posted by thesneakiod

In the Distant Past

So when in the distant past was there an asteroid collision? I hope your not refering to the dinosaurs.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

You think that everything on that second list is fiction?

Oh boy . . . no offense, but you need to do some research and get out more.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
double post.

sorry.

[edit on 12/3/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish

You think that everything on that second list is fiction?

Oh boy . . . no offense, but you need to do some research and get out more.

For Most People everything on that Second List is Fictional but For Many People like me Anything on that Second List is Real

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Too bad! For most people War on Terrorism, Global Warming, Theory of Evolution, Capitalism, Globalization, Global Financial Crisis, and 2009 Swine Flu Pandemic is far too real to them than Gods and Spirits, Aliens and UFOs, Cryptids, Intelligent Design, Mythologies, Advanced "Sci-fi" Technologies, Advanced ancient Civilizations, and just Anything Paranormal and Supernatural!

[edit on 13-12-2009 by masonicon]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon
This is Following Things that Really Happens and Exists in Reality:

Global Warming
    War on Terrorism
    Trial and Error Evolution
    Multinational Corporations
    Corporate Globalization
    Capitalism
    Global Financial Crisis
    2009 Swine Flu Pandemic
    Asteroid Collision

While this is Following Things that no more Than Pure Fiction:

Gods and Spirits
    Aliens and UFO's
    Mythical Creatures
    "Sci-fi" Technologies like Perpetual Motion Machines, Strong A.I., Directed Energy Weapons, etc
    Anything that Paranormal and Supernatural
    Mythology
    Intelligent Design
    Conspiracy Theories
    Secret Societies

This is Bull#!

[edit on 1-12-2009 by masonicon]

We Have Been Brainwashed by Corporate managed Global Mainstream Media for Decades so For Most of us Everything in the First list is really Happens and Exists in Meatspace but Everything on Second List is never really happens and exists on Meatspace

[edit on 19-12-2009 by masonicon]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The Question is:
why we are tend to be Very Skeptical to Conspiracy Theories unless when Mafia Zillionaires or Muslim extremists in behind alleged plot?
and why We also tend to be Very Skeptical to Pseudo-scientific, Paranormal, and Supernatural Phenomenons unless when they are appeared in the Works of Speculative Fiction or Related to the Global warming or\and Modern Evolutionary Synthesis(in non-supernatural or\and non-paranormal Pseudosciences case)?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join