It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current Reality is Dull

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
This is Following Things that Really Happens and Exists in Reality:

Global Warming
    War on Terrorism
    Trial and Error Evolution
    Multinational Corporations
    Corporate Globalization
    Capitalism
    Global Financial Crisis
    2009 Swine Flu Pandemic
    Asteroid Collision

While this is Following Things that no more Than Pure Fiction:

Gods and Spirits
    Aliens and UFO's
    Mythical Creatures
    "Sci-fi" Technologies like Perpetual Motion Machines, Strong A.I., Directed Energy Weapons, etc
    Anything that Paranormal and Supernatural
    Mythology
    Intelligent Design
    Conspiracy Theories
    Secret Societies

This is Bull#!

[edit on 1-12-2009 by masonicon]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
mythology is Mythology for a reason.
and so are "mythic" creatures.

and life is far from being boring.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Your first list is not really dull to all of us but why rule out everything in the second list? I see why you think "reality is dull".

It's not dull to me because I see more possibilities in life.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
Your first list is not really dull to all of us but why rule out everything in the second list? I see why you think "reality is dull".

Everything in My First List is Really happens and Exists but Everything on My Second List is Fictional (for most people)

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
So...you think "God" is fictional for "most people".

Wow...maybe you think life is dull because you do not know enough about statistics.

Anyways...your lists are assumptions and are trite at best.

Good luck with them

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
The fact is that existence is dull.

But you can make it magical - through your mind, through meeting exciting people, through a lot of things.

You just have to try - that is why we are here - to try to be the best we can be.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
So...you think "God" is fictional for "most people".

Wow...maybe you think life is dull because you do not know enough about statistics.

Anyways...your lists are assumptions and are trite at best.

Good luck with them

Most people say they believe in god due to the centuries of stigma dished out by the church. Most people even mark they believe in god on their census because of this. Stats about what people believe are bollocks.. but the hard proof comes when you see that the church is in decline.. membership & participation in decline.. fewer priests around. Humanity is finally waking up..

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Ah...I see. And what would the increase of radical suicide bombers and religious extremists mean?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
life is not dull, your just bored and need to start living it.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
reply to post by reasonable

Ah...I see. And what would the increase of radical suicide bombers and religious extremists mean?

They Blame Israelis and Jews for Many Problems in the World

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by elaine

According to the Currently accepted Mainstream Theories Gods and Spirits, Aliens and UFO's, Mythical Creatures, "Sci-fi" Technologies, Anything that Paranormal and Supernatural, Mythology, Intelligent Design, Conspiracy Theories, and Secret Societies are never Really Existed, Happened, and Possible. and why this is always happen Particularly Since the Fall of Berlin Wall?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Well....."Spice things up with Uncle Bens Rice"! TV commercial. Just kidding.

There are so many things we can't see with our limited senses. I think life is absolutely amazing.
Boring people are bored. Try looking somewhere else to get the fix you need. The best book I ever read was "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot. It's written in layman's terms. Really changed my perspective on how the universe really looks and works.

Or you could study quantum mechanics.

No reason to rule anything out. If you can't prove that some things DON'T exist, then there is great room for speculation.

Hope your outlook improves.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
Well....."Spice things up with Uncle Bens Rice"! TV commercial. Just kidding.

There are so many things we can't see with our limited senses. I think life is absolutely amazing.
Boring people are bored. Try looking somewhere else to get the fix you need. The best book I ever read was "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot. It's written in layman's terms. Really changed my perspective on how the universe really looks and works.

Or you could study quantum mechanics.

No reason to rule anything out. If you can't prove that some things DON'T exist, then there is great room for speculation.

Hope your outlook improves.

Which Things that Ancient People have seen but most modern people haven't seen?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

How would we know? I watched a program on the Discovery Channel that said it would only take 10,000 years to obliterate all evidence of human existence.

Earth is how old? There could have been many civilizations prior to our own that were destroyed by natural disasters and were further advanced. Or they simply left the planet.

I can't answer your question, but I will never say they did not have any special or extra senses. Perhaps an earlier civilization had a different glandular development in the brain that gave them more senses than we have.

Life is meant to perpetuate in nearly any inhospitable environment and science is proving that. Look to our own deep sea life forms and bacteria that grows in both extremes of temperature. This happens all over the universe without a doubt in my mind.

And again, just because we can't see oxygen, atoms, etc., we know its there. What other discoveries are out there that we simply can't see due to our natural limitations.

Remember, humans used to think the world was flat! And the last 150 years has provided humanity its most advancements in our known history.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

How would we know? I watched a program on the Discovery Channel that said it would only take 10,000 years to obliterate all evidence of human existence.

Earth is how old? There could have been many civilizations prior to our own that were destroyed by natural disasters and were further advanced. Or they simply left the planet.

I can't answer your question, but I will never say they did not have any special or extra senses. Perhaps an earlier civilization had a different glandular development in the brain that gave them more senses than we have.

Life is meant to perpetuate in nearly any inhospitable environment and science is proving that. Look to our own deep sea life forms and bacteria that grows in both extremes of temperature. This happens all over the universe without a doubt in my mind.

And again, just because we can't see oxygen, atoms, etc., we know its there. What other discoveries are out there that we simply can't see due to our natural limitations.

Remember, humans used to think the world was flat! And the last 150 years has provided humanity its most advancements in our known history.

If any Man Made Building is 10.000 Years old They Will Become Just Like Mount Baigong Particularly if they have no maintenance!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Amazingly, you have run into a person who has been in the stone business for quite a while.

I will respond with articulate detail about stone tmorrow. Sorry, its late for me and I'm quite tired.

Tomorrow buddy.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

How about Neanderthals and cro Magnons?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Some Ancient Humans are used to think the world was round

[edit on 2-12-2009 by masonicon]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

What something that reduces Today's people Senses?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

And I wonder Why Any Discoveries that Contradicts Currently Accepted Mainstream Theories are Always Suppressed, Particularly Since the Fall of Berlin Wall?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join