It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado politicos have all gone to pot!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I haven't thought about pot this much since eighth grade," says one Colorado official.But over the past two months, as the medical marijuana industry has continued to boom in this state — inspiring a parallel boom in efforts to regulate the industry, with some municipalities proposing rules and others simply giving up and declaring a moratorium on new dispensaries — people who aren't the kind to smoke kind have suddenly been thinking a lot about pot

www.westword.com...

I live in Denver and I can tell you that the medical Marijuana industry is absolutly booming here and clinics are springing up left and right, in the publication where the article linked can be found pages and pages of ads for these such clinics as well as ones with doctors on site to provide clearance for medical marijuana.
So I post this as an fyi...

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Well that would be illegal, except in the states that permit it for registered paitents such as Colorado. The money generated from these "middlemen" also helps fund the clinics where it is obtained or prescribed. Circumventing the law is risky business.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Carefull there, you're advocating illegal activites wich is aginst the T and C so you might want to do some editing to clairify your opinion. also I would prefer this thread dosen't get closed for it.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Well I am obviously in complete favor of this and I wish more cities in America would have this sort of thing taking place.
(Like Atlanta would be freaking awesome)
Do you know , OP, if I can get a prescription for marijuana based on my ADD?
Flag for you.
Also I spent a few months not too far from Denver in Fort Collins and got familiar with the culture of the area.
You know, like I played a couple of open mics, met some cool musicians,
and enjoyed some of that world reknown cush that ya'll got up there.
Gotta love that Rocky Mountain High
song by John Denver.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Hey you...how many warnings you need? The OP warned you, the rules of the site warned you, and this select forum comes with a serious warning as well.

Save your drug-using stories for places were criminals chat openly about their illegal activities and allow ATS to keep its integrity by-STOPPING your drug talk.

This thread is not about where you "chilled" or what you "smoked".

Have some decency for the people around you...this site is not a dirty club's bathroom for you and your giggling friends to congregate and pollute.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Mr Mask]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

An open-call to mass criminal activity can easily be seen as "you" trying to orginize a criminal movement.

Do not do that on this site...learn the rules before you go crapping all over a clean floor of a clean site.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Look...it seems you are not getting me here.

Read me very closely.

1)What you are posting is a call to illegal activity...that is forbiddon on www.abovetopsecret.com

2)What you are doing "is shameful" even if you are not "bright" enough to be ashamed.

3)Telling people on this site "to grow pot illegally" is disrespectful to ATS and its users who "refuse to silently tolerate such crap", not to mention careless to your own safety/freedom.

If you are so clueless to not know how to behave on a forum that "warns" against such talk...then you should probably spend less time posting and more time reading the rules of this website.

If the owners of ATS wanted a stoner's diary, they would have named this site "Below AverageIntelligence".

Smarten up and stop "trying" to drag ATS down to your "lower" standards of acceptance on such serious matters. Some of us here are disgusted by drug users and criminals, and do not wish to be bombarded with the details of such debauchery as if it was common workplace prattle and "no big deal".

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

No...you are breaking the "rules" of "this website". I made myself very clear on that.

Maybe you should learn to respect the rules that govern ATS before getting so "pissed off".

And if you ARE getting pissed, it is at the fact that you can't handle "being told" to "behave".

You should have learned to do that in grade-school if not from your parents.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Ok...you have defined yourself fully. I see that you are a statistic of today's populace...a common cancer of culture on Earth of all its sides and shades.

You can't behave or walk across a white floor without dragging your mud.

A shame...we all have the ability to "learn" to "obey" rules.

Sad to see so many amok and without decorum or grace.

Again...stop...or you will be stopped.

Thank you...good day.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Well, to be honest, outside of this particular forum and context, what he's saying is no different than the plethora of threads that have been started saying we should storm Area 51 - which would also be an illegal activity, or the myriad of other illegal activities individuals talk about on this board.

This one just happens to be under close scrutiny. Whereas the others are ignored and passed over - much as this one should have been.

Good day.

edit - i r bad spelar

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Ecidemon]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Knock off the personal stuff.

One and only warning. Please heed it.

[edit on 1/12/09 by neformore]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
i anything can help any kind of local economies and free the non violent users in the prison systems (which also saves money) im all for it.

I am in NJ. its not legal for any medicinal purposes, but in NYC it is decriminalized, but you can still get arrested for it, even with a prescription, although in Ohio (closest state that allows prescription use) has a growing economy with the medicinal use.

If it helps people, the local economy, sets non-violent offenders free, i am all for it. were in a sinking ship, and we need to clog up these holes...

BTW, im not going to get warned for this right?

new topics

top topics

join