It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

medical marijuana colleges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
from abc news

abcnews.go.com...

As states loosen their medical marijuana laws, institutions such as Med Grow are sprouting up, looking to educate potential caregivers about how to enter the cannabis industry the legal way.
Tennant opened the doors of Med Grow's 4,800-square-foot facility near Detroit in September, about 10 months after voters approved the state's medical marijuana act.

this is just one small example of how things are in some areas around the nation in regards to medical marijuana use.

it is nice to see it gaining attention in the news

its also great to see people are interested in being educated on the subject

they may be small steps with only a few thousand students nation wide, with only a few colleges in the USA, but they are steps in the right direction

with 13 states that understand compassionate use it should be time the rest of the nation starts waking up to the fact this is now a serious topic that should not be taken lightly, nor should it be taken with a closed mind

every day we are learning new things, every day we are using things we dont even fully understand yet, today we are learning that it truly does have medical purposes.

there is much to gain from this new information, not only does it provide better medical help to the ill, it can also be good economically in a time when many are struggling across the world, and we have just committed many more troops, and a lot more money to afghanistan

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Dramey]

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Dramey]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
i started this thread actually before the other thread regarding the same link

unfortunately that thread was taken down due to ignorance and advocacy of personal use, rather then focusing on the benefits of a medical marijuana college, which educates people on the use of marijuana as a medical tool

in no way does this thread or link advocate legalization for personal recreational use

it only advocates personal medical use and the transferring of medical knowledge

not only is this thread designed for that purpose

the object represented in the link also stands for the same, it is a medical marijuana college, which only passes on medical information to medical marijuana patients and advocates of reform for medical use

i ask all ats users to abide by those rules and not cause this thread to also be closed

i would like to ask mods to quickly delete the posts of any trolls, especially those that caused the other thread to be closed

if i personally see trolling or violation of t and c i will report your post as soon as it comes to my attention

i think its important for people worldwide to know that there are places in the united states that are legal, and dedicated to furthering the knowledge and potential of medical marijuana

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Thats all nice but where is my medical viccodin card and my oxycodone dispenseries? They are both approved for medical use and can help with back ache.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Thats all nice but where is my medical viccodin card and my oxycodone dispenseries? They are both approved for medical use and can help with back ache.

they also both cause tremendously horrible side effects relative to medical marijuana

with my personal medical situations i have been on hydrocodone in the past, thats a form of viccodin

ive watched close family members and their battle with oxycodone even though they were only using as prescribed

those medicines are highly addictive, and also come with serious side effects, including possible death

you arent going to die from a marijuana overdose

you will die if you take a couple too many pills of oxycodone or hydrocodone

you also cant just stop cold turkey after you have been taking those pills for a long time, not only is there a psychological dependance on vicodin and oxycodone, there is actual physical dependance on it also

that makes for a dangerous drug

right now we know that marijuana is no more addictive then cigarettes, alcohol, or caffeine

on top of that

there are oxycodone and viccodin cards in the form of prescriptions written by your doctor, which you take to the oxycodone dispensaries (any pharmacy in your area) to receive your medication

the only difference is with medical marijuana, they have a separate dispensary

the only reason for this to be the situation is because of how new the medical marijuana situation is

once the medical marijuana movement ages, more information is passed on and more people are educated, eventually, all will be treated the same, and we wont have separate dispensaries, all will be available at your local pharmacy

however since this is a plant, it will always be possible for you to grow your own

you cant grown your own oxycodone or hydrocodone

thats just another plus of medical marijuana

top topics

join