It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Gov. claims victim to 'Conspiracy Theories'.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
It seems the American government is having a hard time with keeping us "conspiracy theorist" in line. They are actually making an effort to discredit 9/11 among many other conspiracy theories...but most have to do with their fight with the middle east.
They really are trying to cover their a$$es.

I give you the links to brows the site if you like, there is just too much for me to post here, I'm trying to keep this short and sweet.

After logging on and going to the home page on ATS...I was not surprised to find an advert there titled "Conspiracy Theories-............" So, I clicked on it and was surprised to end up at America.Gov.

The page is titled "Conspiracy Theories & Misinformation".... There is a whole list of 'de-bunked' conspiracy theories but I chose to go to 'others' and then clicked on how to identify misinformation.

So, this is how to identify a conspiracy theory- according to America.gov

* Does the story fit the pattern of a conspiracy theory?
* Does the story fit the pattern of an “urban legend?”
* Does the story contain a shocking revelation about a highly controversial issue? * Is the source trustworthy?
* What does further research tell you? Does the story fit the pattern of a conspiracy theory?

Does the story claim that vast, powerful, evil forces are secretly manipulating events? If so, this fits the profile of a conspiracy theory. Conspiracy theories are rarely true, even though they have great appeal and are often widely believed. In reality, events usually have much less exciting explanations.

The U.S. military or intelligence community is a favorite villain in many conspiracy theories.

My God, they even list a bunch of conspiracy and news websites that are guilty of this! Luckily, we are not on their "hit list",lol which I'm actually surprised about, taking into consideration we are the biggest Conspiracy website on the web. (that I know of anyway) Maybe they have too many employees working on this sit to let the cat out of the bag..Now THAT'S a conspiracy theory,lol!

Just wonder why they are trying so hard to discredit all these "stories". They even put it in line with "urban legends". I mean really...

In any case, I will leave the rest up to you. Follow the links...it makes for some interesting and amusing reading! (I'm sure they say the same about our little endeavors...)

[edit on 06/10/2009 by jinx880101]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Silly government, "conspiracy theorists" is our pre-witch hunt name.

We prefer "intellectual extremists."

And thanks for the legitimacy, I guess we're a big enough thorn in your behind for you to acknowledge us, fear us, and discredit us. Makes me feel all tingly.

This is actually great news!

Edit to add: Nice find btw jinx ... these guys are good!

[edit on 1 Dec 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

you would think if there was nothing to the theories they wouldnt even bring them up, because if there were no truth to some of the claims they would have no vested interest in what we think.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Oh yes, I would just like to add this I though it was quite funny-

The false notion that the United States is engaged in a “war on Islam” has all the elements of a classic conspiracy theory: exaggerated, irrational fears; no evidence for the charges; and yet widespread belief they are true.

As President Obama said, “The United States is not, and will never be, at war with Islam.” He noted that “America and Islam … share common principles — principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.”

Another false charge is that the United States has created an American Quran. A third is that a grandfather or ancestor of President George Bush wrote a book harshly critical of Mohammed.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I like how they say it's like a conspiracy theory in the description but don't disprove certain things, just that it's like unto a conspiracy theory.

And then they follow up with, they're not all true you know.

Not only do I hear what they say, I listen for what they don't say.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisd250

you would think if there was nothing to the theories they wouldnt even bring them up, because if there were no truth to some of the claims they would have no vested interest in what we think.

That's exactly my point, why all this effort? It actually makes them look even more guilty... And then portraying themselves as victims in this whole scenario! It's pathetic, they are like babies crying to mommy.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I love it! Here they tell you not to believe the physical evidence, but rather web blog entries from the officers involved....hypocrites.

For example, in July 2005, the counter-misinformation team researched the allegation that U.S. soldiers in Iraq had killed innocent Iraqi boys playing football and then “planted” rocket-propelled grenades (RPGs) next to them, to make it appear that they were insurgents.

Using a variety of search terms in “Google,” a researcher was able to find the article and photographs upon which the allegations were based. Because weapons did not appear in the initial photographs, but did appear in later photographs, some observers believed this was evidence that the weapons had been planted and that the boys who had been killed were not armed insurgents.

The researcher was also able to find weblog entries (numbered 100 and 333, on June 26 and July 15, 2005) from the commanding officer of the platoon that was involved in the incident and another member of his platoon. The weblog entries made it clear that: * the teenaged Iraqi boys were armed insurgents; * after the firefight between U.S. troops and the insurgents was over, the dead, wounded and captured insurgents were initially photographed separated from their weapons because the first priority was to make sure that it was impossible for any of the surviving insurgents to fire them again; * following medical treatment for the wounded insurgents, they were photographed with the captured weapons displayed, in line with Iraqi government requirements; * the insurgents were hiding in a dense palm grove, where visibility was limited to 20 meters, not a likely place for a football game, and they were seen carrying the RPGs on their shoulders.

Thus, an hour or two of research on the Internet was sufficient to establish that the suspicions of the bloggers that the weapons had been planted on innocent Iraqi boys playing football were unfounded. Read more: www.america.gov...

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Okay, I gave all of you stars and flags.

With the OP visiting .gov, he/she has tracer ware all up in their browser now and any place they post the tentacles will be ever reaching.

Damn, wait I am on this thread. Oh well, they already have me under surveillance.

They do not know about the little trick about trolls, or what they assume to be trolls.

Or they just cannot quite push that ignore button.

And they must have forgotten already about the Global Warming and DHS memo debacles.

We have longer memories than elephants us CTists.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
So I guess all those claims of there not being government bloggers around the internet can finally be put to rest?

Doesn't this pretty much admit that they are very interested and make efforts to monitor(blogs) them regularly?

Thanks for the heads up OP, it's a scary time we live in.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

They do not know about the little trick about trolls, or what they assume to be trolls. Or they just cannot quite push that ignore button. And they must have forgotten already about the Global Warming and DHS memo debacles.

Sorry, what exactly do you mean by this?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I found this little tidbit on their site rather humorous:

Thanks, we will.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Well... there were conspiracies to leave the crown, there were conspiracies to kill Lincoln, there were conspiracies to kill JFK there were conspiracies to hit the WTC (twice) there were conspiracies... It stops being a theory when it happens.

Monsanto, GMO's etc...
RFID tagging...
These things are real..
The H1N1 bull#e...

When you add them all up.. well... come on!!!!!
Looks bad for us... But

KEEP HOPE ALIVE!

Love and light!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101

They do not know about the little trick about trolls, or what they assume to be trolls. Or they just cannot quite push that ignore button. And they must have forgotten already about the Global Warming and DHS memo debacles.

Sorry, what exactly do you mean by this?

Sorry, sometimes I do not post complete thoughts.

Saying that here on ATS, that if you keep getting trolls, all you have to do is push the ignore button. Which is what the government should do about us crazy conspiracy theorists, just ignore us, we may go away.

The only reason they are starting to go after us, is that we are divulging the secrets they do not want released.

The two items I mention is regarding things the net has been releasing about these asshats. Global Warming emails releasing the complicity of lies in the Global Warming Hoax. And the release of the DHS memo regarding the homegrown-right wing-veteran terrorists.

Great thread by the way.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Aah, Much clearer thanks... Speaking of the Global warming hoax- I was listening to a radio show that spoke of the same thing. There is apparently a treaty(spelling?) that will be signed by all 3rd world countries (to accept a one world gov.) because they think they will get money out of it. This is because of the global warming hoax, that first world countries burn more CO2 than they do. After that every one will follow. But apparently, the effects of CO2 on the atmosphere is only 1/6th of what we originally thought.

They say the word 'vote' and 'democracy' do not appear in the treaty... only the words 'world government.

Let me see if I can find that vid from this other thread....

Here, I found it.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Ha ha, that is funny...most people do the opposite of what they say in any case!

By the way, I saw on the news last night that Obama has sent 30 000 extra troops into Afghanistan I think. Wasn't he supposed to withdraw all troops by next year June? Why is he sending more in?

top topics

join